Interview Callback

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Interview Callback

Post by Loner »

AlbatrossFeather wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 am
Babar350 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:46 pm
Loner wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:33 pm

And you will wait even longer...don’t hold your breath too long.
Please enlighten us.
Self explanatory...
As mentioned before, if you’re set on Jazz and can afford the wait, heck go for it. Nobody disputes it is a great outfit to work for.
---------- ADS -----------

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

stayls wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:22 am
flycomercial wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am From what I heard, Jazz might conduct 2 ground schools each month if necessary. Current swimmers should be called for May or June ground school. And if you haven't recieved any call back within 2 weeks from Jazz after the interview, you might be out of your luck.
I got two friends move to porter and another one to encore while waiting in pool. they have started their GS already. the one with encore actually started flying.

and here we are waiting almost for 3 months. :(
But you’ll end up at a much better company with faster career progression in the long run than they will. Focus on the long game. Sure they might have “beat you” to the right seat of a Dash 8, but who cares? Patience pays off and when you get the call it’ll be worth it.

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mahmoudmer »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:19 am
flycomercial wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am From what I heard, Jazz might conduct 2 ground schools each month if necessary. Current swimmers should be called for May or June ground school. And if you haven't recieved any call back within 2 weeks from Jazz after the interview, you might be out of your luck.
I got two friends move to porter and another one to encore while waiting in pool. they have started their GS already. the one with encore actually started flying.

But you’ll end up at a much better company with faster career progression in the long run than they will. Focus on the long game. Sure they might have “beat you” to the right seat of a Dash 8, but who cares? Patience pays off and when you get the call it’ll be worth it.
Thank you for this! I've notice a lot of that penny wise and pound foolish attitude going on with career progression on here. If I have the luxury of waiting, I will wait!

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mahmoudmer »

mahmoudmer wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:34 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you for this! I've noticed a lot of that penny wise and pound foolish attitude going on with career progression on here. If I have the luxury of waiting, I will wait!

proflight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by proflight »

Does anyone know how long I have to wait to get an answer after medical nowadays?

AlbatrossFeather
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlbatrossFeather »

proflight wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:04 am Does anyone know how long I have to wait to get an answer after medical nowadays?
they say 1-6 months. I have been waiting for almost 3 now.

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

proflight wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:04 am Does anyone know how long I have to wait to get an answer after medical nowadays?
after medical and background checks

Appx 1-6 months. did you get your pool email yet?

proflight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by proflight »

stayls wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:14 pm

No, I haven't recieved any pool email after the medical. How quickly does Jazz respond back about the pool email after the medical and the background check?

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

proflight wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 pm

No, I haven't recieved any pool email after the medical. How quickly does Jazz respond back about the pool email after the medical and the background check?

Usually 2-3 weeks after you complete drug tests, background check and reference check.

Good luck! they say(meaning the experienced gents on this forum) if you did come this far the wait does worth it. :)

proflight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by proflight »

stayls wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Usually 2-3 weeks after you complete drug tests, background check and reference check.

Good luck! they say(meaning the experienced gents on this forum) if you did come this far the wait does worth it. :)
Thanks for the advise. Just one more quick question, are there any chances not getting hired after getting into the pool?

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

proflight wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:29 am
stayls wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Thanks for the advise. Just one more quick question, are there any chances not getting hired after getting into the pool?
I haven't heard any incident like that.

But with every email from Jazz, they will always remind you "even being in the pool does not guarantee you will get hired"

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

If Air Georgian is still hiring (and I assume desperate as usual) why not apply there. Sounds like you’ll only have to endure their garbage for a short amount of time, begining your theoretical Jazz seniority sooner as heard provbably taking people ASAP and give yourself a shot at going to AC right away assuming that’s your goal.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:13 pm If Air Georgian is still hiring (and I assume desperate as usual) why not apply there. Sounds like you’ll only have to endure their garbage for a short amount of time, begining your theoretical Jazz seniority sooner as heard provbably taking people ASAP and give yourself a shot at going to AC right away assuming that’s your goal.
The Jazz/AC deal is not on the table for people hired after January 13, 2019.

flycomercial
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flycomercial »

Is anyone recently recieved any pool email or May ground school call?

mahmoudmer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mahmoudmer »

Anyone heard anything lately? It's been just over a month thus far since my application has been in.

AlbatrossFeather
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlbatrossFeather »

this has been a long silence. :|

Hope they will do something soon. :(

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

AlbatrossFeather wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:36 pm this has been a long silence. :|

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang in there.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

AlbatrossFeather wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:36 pm this has been a long silence. :|

Jazz just took 203 pilots from GGN and just completed a huge equipment bid with over 160 planned upgrades.....I can only assume hiring department is a little busy at the moment. There will still be tons of OTS hiring, just have to have relax, enjoy your current gig and when it happens it will happen.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

KenoraPilot wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:36 am

Jazz just took 203 pilots from GGN and just completed a huge equipment bid with over 160 planned upgrades.....I can only assume hiring department is a little busy at the moment. There will still be tons of OTS hiring, just have to have relax, enjoy your current gig and when it happens it will happen.
Hiring department Busy for awhile, I'm getting tired of pulling the power back to screw up the jazz flights following me in. Loved not long ago when I took extra time after getting in position for t/o to make a jazz dash having to go around hahaha.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:20 am
KenoraPilot wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:36 am

Hiring department Busy for awhile, I'm getting tired of pulling the power back to screw up the jazz flights following me in. Loved not long ago when I took extra time after getting in position for t/o to make a jazz dash having to go around hahaha.
...And you wonder why nobody will hire you off your King Air... :lol:

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”