RAIC Pass

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: RAIC Pass

Post by cncpc »

Heliian wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:13 am
sherryfly wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:49 pm Recently, my vehicle was flagged and my information was collected by the police. The reason for this was because someone who had the same make and model of my vehicle had committed a crime.
It's unlikely your information was recorded permanently. They fed you the oldest trick in the book when it comes to stop and check. It's a very convenient excuse for them to dig a little deeper into you and your car and I'm going to guess that you weren't alone at the time, them too. You should only be worried about actual convictions.
Sorry, Helian, but you should be worried about every interaction with the police. The term criminal record has been replaced by criminal history now, and criminal history can include any interaction with the police, and offenses you have been found not guilty of.

Re the above post, it is bullshit that somebody asks a police officer what they think. Who cares what they think. They have a simple job. Gather evidence of a crime and present it to prosecutors. If prosecutors think the prosecution will be successful they file a charge. If a court thinks you are guilty, you will be convicted. Anything short of that is none of the business of those people in Transport described above as "batshit crazy". But they make it their business.

The Federal Court of Canada is simply a rubber stamp for whatever the government wants to do. People who want to challenge this need to do it in a Charter challenge in a real court, one of the superior courts of the province. I recommend BC or Ontario.

You can count on the fingers of one hand any criminal offences that might rationally be connected to aviation security. However, all of them are when it comes to a decision on a RAIC.
---------- ADS -----------

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Just fly overseas - things are usually much simpler.

I just have a company ID - operate all over the World. Passport and GenDec work fine.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

Do other countries generally accept Canadian licenses? Or would you have to re-do the training?

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

sherryfly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:24 pm Do other countries generally accept Canadian licenses? Or would you have to re-do the training?
Generally, you would have to do a license conversion- normally some sort of a written exam, at least on air law, and a check ride (and aviation medical). In the case of EASA, you end up doing well over a dozen written exams.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan

Return to “General Comments”