Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by KenoraPilot »

cloudskimmer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:30 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:06 pm If AC takes a break over the summer like they tend to, I'd expect only 1 GS a month.
Not so this summer. They're planning 30-40 every three weeks until June, then 40+ every two weeks. Or so they say...

I suspect Jazz won't slow down either.
Fantastic news! I would love to see Jazz back at the 2 GS/mth rate! The more movement the better!
---------- ADS -----------

B1900Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B1900Driver »

Hello boys and girls!
For those of you who were called for a April/May GS, when were you placed into the hiring pool?
Thank you and happy flying!

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

I haven't received anything so far. last email was on mid Feb saying ground school is full for April and nothing planned afterwards.

they can at least send an email or smth.

Cause duration of this wait is causing people to move on. waiting without what's going to happen is pretty hard.

Did anyone try to send an email to them to ask? cause I have 2 more friends gave up and accepted offer from porter and encore

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

stayls wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am I haven't received anything so far. last email was on mid Feb saying ground school is full for April and nothing planned afterwards.

Cause duration of this wait is causing people to move on. waiting without what's going to happen is pretty hard.

Did anyone try to send an email to them to ask? cause I have 2 more friends gave up and accepted offer from porter and encore
If you haven’t heard anything, that probably means they have nothing to tell you. Rather than asking over and over on a forum, why don’t you email them yourself? You got an email back in Feb saying they don’t have plans set up beyond the already full G/S. That’s already more than most employers nowadays ever do. If you have other offers, make the decision whether to accept those or wait.

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

Kaykay wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:29 pm
stayls wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am I haven't received anything so far. last email was on mid Feb saying ground school is full for April and nothing planned afterwards.

If you haven’t heard anything, that probably means they have nothing to tell you. Rather than asking over and over on a forum, why don’t you email them yourself? You got an email back in Feb saying they don’t have plans set up beyond the already full G/S. That’s already more than most employers nowadays ever do. If you have other offers, make the decision whether to accept those or wait.
well somebody is in a bad mood.

I am just asking if anyone has any information like the guy before me.
if you dont have any information you can just shut up and wait like others or you can ask... like I did.

and if you dont have any information
you dont have to be rude or anything.

the point of this forum is to discuss and share information. if you dont understand that you may leave this discussion.

cause people after me just like before me will ask this question again and again and again.

sorry eh.

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

Not at all intending to be rude. Sorry if it came off that way. All I’m trying to say to you is that I think it would be far more productive for you to simply ask Jazz yourself. Anything you see on a forum is merely anecdotal, it’s generally better to hear it right from the source. From my little bit of interaction with Jazz HR years ago, they are very good about responding if you ask.

flycomercial
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flycomercial »

Kaykay wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 pm Not at all intending to be rude. Sorry if it came off that way. All I’m trying to say to you is that I think it would be far more productive for you to simply ask Jazz yourself. Anything you see on a forum is merely anecdotal, it’s generally better to hear it right from the source. From my little bit of interaction with Jazz HR years ago, they are very good about responding if you ask.
I agree on this. Don't be scared to email them if you have any questions. They won't hate you just because you email them for an update. From what I heard, they are now filling the second ground school in April. If you have been waiting for long time in the pool, I will definitely give them a shout.

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

Kaykay wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:51 pm Not at all intending to be rude. Sorry if it came off that way. All I’m trying to say to you is that I think it would be far more productive for you to simply ask Jazz yourself. Anything you see on a forum is merely anecdotal, it’s generally better to hear it right from the source. From my little bit of interaction with Jazz HR years ago, they are very good about responding if you ask.
I have overreacted I think. I would like to apologize as well.

Waiting long time and not getting any info is pretty bad.

Reason I asked here is I have already emailed them a while ago and they said they dont have a plan yet. I agree with you guys but I dont think that would be smart to send an email every month or so. So this is why I am here.

once again sorry my reaction.

Typhoontwin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Typhoontwin »

I got my pool email in February, no news so far for an upcoming ground school.

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

Typhoontwin wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:41 am I got my pool email in February, no news so far for an upcoming ground school.
Man, I think Jazz is filling their pool candidate list as much as they can with what reason? Who knows? There’s people here in the pool since nov/dec and still no call and you were pooled in feb. How many pilots are there in the pool right now? Interesting year for sure. Cheers and a good year to all.

proflight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by proflight »

I recently got a pool email. Did anyone receive any call for May ground school yet?

AlbatrossFeather
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlbatrossFeather »

Got an email as well.

Looks like they are going to do May and June GS for sure.

Good news guys!

:smt040

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Don’t get too excited it’s April 1st :lol:

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

Babar350 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 am Don’t get too excited it’s April 1st :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

April 1st. Does this mean a new ground school started today?

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

yes sir. :lol: :lol: maybe

Typhoontwin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Typhoontwin »

2 GS in May and 1 in June. Anybody get a call?

proflight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by proflight »

Typhoontwin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:26 am 2 GS in May and 1 in June. Anybody get a call?
Nope. I assume people will receive calls as early as this week for the first ground school of May.

yvr01
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yvr01 »

Typhoontwin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:26 am 2 GS in May and 1 in June. Anybody get a call?
Called for May ground school.

Last edited by yvr01 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

yvr01 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:07 pm
Called for May 13 ground school.
Hey Congrats !

Since when were you in the pool? What's your experience ?

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”