Hilton Honors Points Missing

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Bucko
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hilton Honors Points Missing

Post by Bucko »

Hi,
As you corporate pilots know Hilton and Marriot are the main hotels by choice because of the Points that are collected. Recently Hilton changed over their computer system and a ton of peoples points went missing. I was just wonderif any of you out there have experienced it and if anyone has had problems getting there points back? I got downgraded from Diamond to Gold and lost 260,000 points plus a bunch of other suff and they dont want to give my points back.
If anyone in the corporate field is having/had any problems I would love to hear from you.

Cheers,

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hilton-hon ... 1545434796
---------- ADS -----------

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Hilton Honors Points Missing

Post by hawker driver »

I just checked and all of my points are there.
I made the “Diamond for Life” status last year so there was no change in status for me.

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2019 bonus program of double points and 10000 extra points for every 5 nights. The promotion goes on until May 2019.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I was missing the 40000 bonus. Called the diamond desk. Took a few weeks for the points to show up

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

Since Marriott has the new Bonvoy program I have not been credited 3 different times. I have had to send in missing stay requests for these nights. This never happened in the past to this Titanium member before.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Thanks for pointing that out, stays and nights are accurate, but I'm short 53K.

:axe:

S.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Sometimes when walking to my car in the crew lot in -40 weather I think back to days filled with sits in Scottsdale, Vegas, Mexico, etc. and think wtf am I doing? Reading this forum has reminded me why I left corporate and why I’ll never go back.
I have friends who love it and to each their own. I’d rather get a job shovelling sh*t than waste another entire day sitting in a Marriott or Hilton.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 pm Sometimes when walking to my car in the crew lot in -40 weather I think back to days filled with sits in Scottsdale, Vegas, Mexico, etc. and think wtf am I doing? Reading this forum has reminded me why I left corporate and why I’ll never go back.
I have friends who love it and to each their own. I’d rather get a job shovelling sh*t than waste another entire day sitting in a Marriott or Hilton.
What's so bad about it?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 pm Sometimes when walking to my car in the crew lot in -40 weather I think back to days filled with sits in Scottsdale, Vegas, Mexico, etc. and think wtf am I doing? Reading this forum has reminded me why I left corporate and why I’ll never go back.

LMAO... I’ll think of you shovelling sh!t at -40 in the crew lot when I am enjoying Paris, London, or any of the wonderful cities in Europe or any where else in the world on prolonged stays...

This week we are in the Seychelles for almost a week and in Arusha (Mount Kilimanjaro) for 5 days where we the crew will be going on Safaris.

Woke up to this at Le Meridien resort in the Seychelles where we are staying...

And then this beautiful sunset...

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

Funny how no one asked you. Just a ray of sunshine all over this forum aren’t you?

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I guess it depends on how you spend your time. You can waste days slam clicking your fellow crew in a Hilton or Marriott or you can get out and enjoy the world and get paid to do it!
Some people are unhappy no matter where they are.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Hey I resemble that remark.... :lol:

A slam-click on an extended duty into Teterboro is sometimes a necessity, hehe! But when in any of the islands, Europe, Vegas, Scottsdale, LA, Florida - clubs are in the trunk and good times are to be had.

A week on the beach, playing beach volleyball while being paid to have some on the house refreshments, count me in ANY day of the week. :drinkers: :partyman:

Remind me the policy of checking clubs as flight crew with the airlines and how long the normal layover is in most cities?

Thanks,

S.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

As I said in my post “to each their own” and I would personally never go back to that.
While all those “awesome” layovers stated in this thread might please people, it didn’t do it for me. I personally enjoy spending my rounds golfing with friends, not a co-worker or by myself. A week in “paradise” did nothing for me having to again spend it alone or with a co-worker, while the family is home, life goes on and the wife is forced to act as a single mother. Let’s also not kid ourselves, I’ve been there, it’s not all beach side margaritas with a great view. There’s also days after days sitting in shitty hotels waiting and waiting for your owner to say ok monkey dance.
But again to each his own, at the end of the day it’s only a job.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

It helps when you fly with the same people who you can also call friends.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:14 pm It helps when you fly with the same people who you can also call friends.
:partyman:

S.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:02 pm As I said in my post “to each their own” and I would personally never go back to that.
While all those “awesome” layovers stated in this thread might please people, it didn’t do it for me. I personally enjoy spending my rounds golfing with friends, not a co-worker or by myself. A week in “paradise” did nothing for me having to again spend it alone or with a co-worker, while the family is home, life goes on and the wife is forced to act as a single mother. Let’s also not kid ourselves, I’ve been there, it’s not all beach side margaritas with a great view. There’s also days after days sitting in shitty hotels waiting and waiting for your owner to say ok monkey dance.
But again to each his own, at the end of the day it’s only a job.
Glad you are happier wherever you happen to be now, hopefully you help add a little to your crews day. Not everyday is sunshine and rainbows obviously, that's why we all get paid, but it's important to look past the bull and focus on the gravy.

What we do as corporate pilots, is very different from the airlines and it's certainly not for everyone. But those that stay, hopefully stay cause they truly enjoy what they do and help improve the lifestyle for those they work with.

All the best yycjet, enjoy the flying brother, see you on the opposite side of the hold short.

S.

ezconfused
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ezconfused »

vs

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

ezconfused wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 pm Image

vs

I’m assuming that post is directed to my earlier comments.
Good try but a little unreasonable. Did you google image search, “worlds best fbo” followed by “world busiest airport terminal”?
Besides how many pilots do you see in that line? None, that’s what a crew bypass if for. Also, I’d take 30 mins in a shitty terminal to hours upon hours of FBO appreciation time. Again like I said earlier, to each his own. Carry on.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

As long as there are pilot area lounge chairs with a tv, espresso, warm otis spunkmeyer cookies, and endless popcorn, count me on the FBO side.

S.

Return to “Corporate”