Bombardier rips into the Globe and Mail

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Bombardier rips into the Globe and Mail

Post by rookiepilot »

---------- ADS -----------

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

As an aside, the Quebec government gave the bulk of rescue money, 1 billion, a few years back. The feds pitched in with a little more, some hundreds of millions or so.

Bombardier also sold off other bits, one of which was their training unit, to CAE.

Wonder why they can't pull an air Canada trick with all of that help. They are the darlings of the market now.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

We need something tangible we can all be proud of.
Not according to that shithead in Ottawa, as he says we live in a post-national state and there is no core identity, no mainstream in Canada!
The only thing we are supposed to be proud of is our multiculturalism and diversity and look at how that is going in sweden or france or, or, or .

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Addressing the title of this thread ---world class companies don't ever need to "rip the media". IE, I've never heard CAE complain.

They just shut up and execute, and that alone shuts the critics up ---

Bombardier wants to have it both ways: Take government help offered to no one else out there -- for many years anyway -- and then whine when the media calls them out.

Sorry it doesn't work that way.

That executive team gets millions upon millions a year. Surely that should compensate for having a thick skin.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

It’s easily understood that there’s often good reason to rip into the media. The ‘Mop and Pail’ included. They’ve been called out for being inaccurate in the past and have had to retract those inaccuracies more than once. Their article on Bombardier is simply inaccurate, and I have no doubt Bombardier have their biased spin on just about everything in their press releases that are market sensitive. As an investor, I appreciate the spin.
Bombardier has taken their lumps. There are undoubtedly more lumps to come.
Some of those lumps, deservedly so. Others not. The same can be said for not only the press but all forms of media.
The Globe article is simply not at all accurate and Bombardier hit back. Fair game.
CNN this morning reported the B737 MAX is the only airliner with “this type (MCAS) of stall protection”.
Really?
Inaccurate reporting. Pure and simple. Not everything CNN reports is accurate. But I’m clever enough to know she’s simply reading a TelePrompTer.
What editorial excuse does the Globe have? The same one Bombardier has.
You tell your version and I’ll tell mine.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... li=AAgh0dA

Gino Under

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I don't think you get the point. Obviously.

When one province is so overtly favoured over another, whether it be stupid language laws that force French signs to be twice the size of English.....

Bombardier getting government money that has happened no where else in the country, nor arguably anywhere in the world, during a long economic expansion -- and with no controls on executive compensation or performance.......

Or a government that fires its own justice minister to ensure a Quebec company gets special treatment when they break the law.....loads of PM sympathy for jobs at risk.......

No sympathy for 10X the jobs lost in Alberta.

Or the Montreal mayor can say "no" -- to a critical pipeline that would benefit the whole country.....

Or tolls should apply to every new Canadian bridge or highway. Except of course, the new Champlain bridge in Montreal.

What's next?

None of this is good for Canada the union. One day it will fracture. I didn't endorse a Prime Minister of Quebec. He is supposed to work for the whole nation!

Makes me appreciate the wisdom of the US founding fathers, they set up a political system where that (favouring one state ) is far less likely to happen.

I know no one thinks this stuff matters, governments just create prosperity, small businesses are all evil -- hey our own finance minister said this, and everyone says it here--- - and foreign investment into Canada -- rock bottom -- doesn't matter. Tax the rich!

You will when you lose your jobs. And then foolishly blame those same small businesses, instead of blaming the the government that destroyed investment and the union we call Canada.

We are weak nation that has pissed away a multitude of advantages. Very sad.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:13 am

whether it be stupid language laws that force French signs to be twice the size of English.....
Actually your statement is not accurate!

It's not the size of the sign but the size of the writing on the sign that matters and it is not twice as big but three times the size.

As for the rest of your posting you are delirious.

And from what I read in your past posts on all subjects I don't think I would like to fly with you as a crew member on a pairing.

You sound like a miserable old man.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Jet Jockey wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:11 pm
And from what I read in your past posts on all subjects I don't think I would like to fly with you as a crew member on a pairing.

You sound like a miserable old man.
Actually I am not.

And I am very glad I'll never have to be on any pairings......not my life.

Have a wonderful day.

---- now I could ask exactly what in my delirious post was factually incorrect, but I understand on these issues, logic doesn't exactly rule ------

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Nothing is incorrect with the above post. That is how this somewhat dysfunctional state actually works.
Little guys get nailed to the wall, big guys get the favors. Been like that forever.
For those who actually have to survive, look at how these fraudsters operate and eventually beat them at their own game. Hard I know, but there is really no choice.
For those who wave the flag, you really need to go back to school. Yer programming is creating more problems than solutions. A serious history lesson would be a good start.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

confusedalot wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 pm A serious history lesson would be a good start.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

If you put a mound of dog poop on a plate, In due time, with a little flavouring, encouragement, brainwashing, coercion, using shaming words, misinformation, rewriting of history etc etc, you will be able to convince most to eat that mass of excrement! We do live in interesting times indeed Joseph Goebbels would be proud indeed !

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/snc-la ... -1.5114537

LOL, Quebec flag wearers:

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau responded to the revelations on his way in to a Liberal cabinet meeting Tuesday morning.

"We recognize that 10 years ago there were issues around political financing that have been raised," he said. "When we came to power and when I became leader of the Liberal Party, we made significant changes to the fundraising regime. We have moved forward on transparency and openness, and that is not what happens anymore."

Ah, Yup.....

"SNC-Lavalin avoided charges by signing what is known as a "compliance agreement" in 2016 with the Commissioner of Canada Elections after promising not to break the law in the future.

That was not the case for Conservative Peterborough MP Dean DelMastro, who was charged by the commissioner over $21,000 in spending violations in the 2008 federal election and was represented by Ayotte at his 2014 trial."

Yup, nothing to see here, either.............

Return to “General Comments”