Referral program testing!!!

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tony77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Referral program testing!!!

Post by tony77 »

I was fortunate enough to have a friend from Nav Canada complete a referral package for me and I got invited to complete the computer testing and simulation evaluation in January. I have been reading the ATS portion of this forum a fair bit and so far I understand the testing comprises of a cognitive test and spatial reasoning as well as the Sim eval. If anyone could add anything or provide ways to study effectively it would be much appreciated. I have many years of experience flying professionally and talking on the radio so I am a little more concerned about the computer tests but all help is more then welcome. :) https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/ https://www.applock.ooo/ https://www.7zip.vip/
---------- ADS -----------

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Referral program testing!!!

Post by jakeandelwood »

That's great that you received an internal recommend, that really helps. Strangely they don't seem to give a rip if you have a bunch of flying experience.

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

A bunch of flying experience will help you initially. Once you get into the training, not so much.

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

I would think flying experience would greatly help a candidate during their training for the same reason an Air Traffic Controller would have an easier time with training as a Pilot considering radio work, airspace, and air traffic procedures are overlapping knowledge, maybe not in the exact same context but still the familiarity and advantage would be there.

kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

jakeandelwood wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:40 pm I would think flying experience would greatly help a candidate during their training for the same reason an Air Traffic Controller would have an easier time with training as a Pilot considering radio work, airspace, and air traffic procedures are overlapping knowledge, maybe not in the exact same context but still the familiarity and advantage would be there.
As I said, initially you will have an advantage, for the radio work and general aviation knowledge you possess (airspace and ATC procedures? Not so much) . That only lasts for the first part of the generic training. Non aviation people generally catch up quickly.

There have been pilots make it through training to checkout and pilots not make it.

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

I guess you have "it" or you dont.

Return to “ATS Question Forum”