Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: What is Enerjet up to?

Post by lostaviator »

tbaylx wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:59 pm
lostaviator wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:37 am Nothing will materialize. There simply isn't a market for this model in Canada. Swoop is loosing money, and Flair is sinking (faster and faster).
Swoop may or may not be making money but Flair sure ain't sinking. A large share bought up by 777 recently and 2 more 800's on the way by mid summer, more hiring soon etc. I've seen sinking ships, Flair is not one.
Mid-summer is fast approaching; is there a contract signed for these two -800's? They aren't easy birds to find and rumour has it, you guys just lost a low-cost lease?

It's of course hard for anyone to have an idea about Flair's situation as they aren't public, but you have to admit - your new paint job screams no money. haha
---------- ADS -----------

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

With the Max grounded there are no spare NG's floating around. Period.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

palebird wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:26 pm With the Max grounded there are no spare NG's floating around. Period.
Jet airways just put 75+ of them on the market.

Our first long term lease with the new paint came from Primera, there were others available but not in the shape that Flair wanted. The next several are from Jet.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

lostaviator wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:55 am
tbaylx wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:59 pm
lostaviator wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:37 am Nothing will materialize. There simply isn't a market for this model in Canada. Swoop is loosing money, and Flair is sinking (faster and faster).
Swoop may or may not be making money but Flair sure ain't sinking. A large share bought up by 777 recently and 2 more 800's on the way by mid summer, more hiring soon etc. I've seen sinking ships, Flair is not one.
Mid-summer is fast approaching; is there a contract signed for these two -800's? They aren't easy birds to find and rumour has it, you guys just lost a low-cost lease?

It's of course hard for anyone to have an idea about Flair's situation as they aren't public, but you have to admit - your new paint job screams no money. haha
It wasn't that low cost and was due to go back in May. The leasor opted to take it back a couple of months early under an early return clause when the max was grounded. NG's aren't that hard to find with, leasors are stuck with a bunch after Jet Airways stopped operations. There will be more available mid summer once the max starts flying.

The paint is certainly interesting and says lots of things, but i'm not sure the state of the company finances is one of them.

Duke Point
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duke Point »

opsman wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:17 pm
vrefplus5 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:10 am Folks, already two decent threads have been deleted by the mods because of drift. Let's please stay on point and talk aboit the topic. PM each other if you need to get things off your chest. Keep it classy.
I agree. There seems to be a lot of character assassination going on in this forum. We are responsible for transporting hundreds of thousands of people on a daily basis, but yet it seems impossible to maintain a level of professionalism here. Each and everyone of us has made a decision that we or others have not been pleased with, yet here we are. Life goes on.

That's actually pretty funny.

Once you accept that all pilots are self serving "ladies of the night" it becomes easier to stay off the forums. The only difference is that some have a degree of "seniority safety" while others do not. Hence "vocal, and "less vocal". But we're all cut from the same cloth. I'm still in a bit of denial, which is why I'm here..... and likely why you're here.

We would -all- undercut one another if we needed to....but most don't need to. We are not professionals, only skilled workers....so the behavior and "character assassination attempts" on pilot forums are entirely in character.

DP.

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

The newest job adds (May 2nd) are light on details. The linked page isn't much better.

Has anyone been in touch with them? Any word on WAWCON?

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Just curious.

So.....with all of this talk of whores and all....

What exactly is a non whore paycheck for a narrowbody?

Left seat/ right seat;

300k/200k, 200k/150k, 150k/100k, 100k/ 60k?

Neither westjet nor air Canada pay a whole lot on hiring.

I am confused, stupid as I am.

Looking forward to the great truth. Hey don' t get me wrong, if drivers can get a ton of money with no effort, that would be fantastic. Somehow, the real world does not appear to work that way, inside or outside of the flying business.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Anyone heard anymore about this, had an interview etc?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

yycinformer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am Anyone heard anymore about this, had an interview etc?
Heard they lost Indigo as a partner. Not sure how that's going to affect the launch, but probably not in a positive way.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

confusedalot wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:52 pm Just curious.

So.....with all of this talk of whores and all....

What exactly is a non whore paycheck for a narrowbody?

Left seat/ right seat;

300k/200k, 200k/150k, 150k/100k, 100k/ 60k?

Neither westjet nor air Canada pay a whole lot on hiring.

I am confused, stupid as I am.

Looking forward to the great truth. Hey don' t get me wrong, if drivers can get a ton of money with no effort, that would be fantastic. Somehow, the real world does not appear to work that way, inside or outside of the flying business.
300/200. We’re all whores. 😉

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

tbaylx wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:08 am
yycinformer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:54 am Anyone heard anymore about this, had an interview etc?
Heard they lost Indigo as a partner. Not sure how that's going to affect the launch, but probably not in a positive way.
Oooo, that’s tough if true. Any source citable source?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

yycinformer wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:05 am
tbaylx wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:08 am
Oooo, that’s tough if true. Any source citable source?
Nope, Just rumors and the fact that they are no longer listed as an investor on the website. Could be true, could be false, no idea

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Interesting indeed

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

Anyone getting return calls from Enerjet?

Topoff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Topoff »

Been in the hiring pool since November. Was told in the new year that classes have been pushed until summer. Heard nothing since.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”