Dash-8 writeoff in YYZ

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

duranium
Rank 3
Rank 3

Dash-8 writeoff in YYZ

Post by duranium »

I guess the truck won on this one. Hope the crew is not too banged up. It was just a question of when and not if before such an incident as this one would happen. More cowboys than it appears inside the perimeter fence.
---------- ADS -----------

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Dash-8 writeoff in YYZ

Post by rigpiggy »

I remember getting a nasty email when i worked in yyz. 5000$ fine if we didn't wear our hiviz vests. Next day our crew van a chevy astro white with red orange and silver hiviz painted all around it was crushed by a tug. Prez our driver was off for quite a bit. I all too often see the monkeys put on a vest, and then look down with no spatial awareness. They are all trying to kill you, head on a swivel,live to kiss your kids.........

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

rigpiggy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 pm I remember getting a nasty email when i worked in yyz. 5000$ fine if we didn't wear our hiviz vests. Next day our crew van a chevy astro white with red orange and silver hiviz painted all around it was crushed by a tug. Prez our driver was off for quite a bit. I all too often see the monkeys put on a vest, and then look down with no spatial awareness. They are all trying to kill you, head on a swivel,live to kiss your kids.........
+1 I always believed walkarounds are one of the most dangerous parts of our job.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I think the YYZ employee parking garage is more dangerous with all the mindless idiots driving through there Tokyo Drift style.

Seriously though.... The fuel company changed names about 5 years ago and basically fired anyone who didn't want to keep working for $14/hour so this is the result. Room temperature IQ people driving 50000lb tankers around.

Let’s Go Brandon
pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

Christ, we only have so many of those god damned dash-8s left. Settle down on the ramp.

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

pianokeys wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:47 am Christ, we only have so many of those god damned dash-8s left. Settle down on the ramp.
Maybe , Viking Aircraft , can re-start up the DHC-8-300 production line. :?:

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

Lose a D-8, gain a Q.

Puffpuffpass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Puffpuffpass »

I thought it was a win-win, crew were ok, 300 for a q400, and one idiot rampie fired!

Return to “Air Canada”