Encore Requirements

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

windows94
Rank 1
Rank 1

Encore Requirements

Post by windows94 »

Hello all

I am wondering if the 150 hour pic time is a requirement that is set in stone, or something that could be overlooked with other experience?

eg. A king air FO with well over 1500 hours but 120 pic...
---------- ADS -----------

MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Encore Requirements

Post by MarkyMark90 »

The problem this King Air FO would have is he won’t be able to apply for his ATPL, and Encore can only give him 100 hrs PICus...

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

Set in stone. Go rent a 172 or something similar and rip around for 30 hours. Summer’s almost here so what better time?

windows94
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by windows94 »

I figured the ATPL requirements would be the issue. I live somewhere remote that doesn't have a plane to rent. So I was hoping it would be an option to get hired on, then do some fun flying on the side to get a few extra hours.

Thanks Guys!

fliter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fliter »

Apply and see. Maybe even mention in your cover letter that you're willing to continue building PIC hours on your own time. Regionals are low on pilots, and 1500 hours of which a bunch are multi, I assume, is a solid number. People are being hired with half of that.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

fliter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:52 pm Apply and see. Maybe even mention in your cover letter that you're willing to continue building PIC hours on your own time. Regionals are low on pilots, and 1500 hours of which a bunch are multi, I assume, is a solid number. People are being hired with half of that.
You so far out of reality you must be a clown.
Experienced king air captain with 6000+ hrs isn't being looked at let alone anyone with less time.
You're a lightweight haha

MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MarkyMark90 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:13 pm You so far out of reality you must be a clown.
Experienced king air captain with 6000+ hrs isn't being looked at let alone anyone with less time.
Dude, I think you should stop giving advice and start working on your attitude...
I am wondering if the 150 hour pic time is a requirement that is set in stone
One with less than 150 PIC has to push in his cover letter he’s willing to invest some time/money and make it so there is no challenge for upgrades.

Last thing they want is you being hired, having to fly for your PIC time, and have to write the A’s within a year.

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Upgrade on the king air and get the pic time there? Or get a king air captain job somewhere else? Get your ATPL, and some command experience, then you'll have the experience and licenses to upgrade at a 705 company.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

goingnowherefast wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:42 pm Upgrade on the king air and get the pic time there? Or get a king air captain job somewhere else? Get your ATPL, and some command experience, then you'll have the experience and licenses to upgrade at a 705 company.
Not true lightweight.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:11 pm
goingnowherefast wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:42 pm Upgrade on the king air and get the pic time there? Or get a king air captain job somewhere else? Get your ATPL, and some command experience, then you'll have the experience and licenses to upgrade at a 705 company.
Not true lightweight.
Huh? Did they change the requirements to be captain of a two crew airplane?

I'm saying get the ATPL signed off flying 703, then move to the 705 world. Otherwise it's a dead end FO job with a cheat code available (PICUS).

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

Ignore him, long time troll.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

goingnowherefast wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:02 am
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:11 pm
Not true lightweight.
Huh? Did they change the requirements to be captain of a two crew airplane?

I'm saying get the ATPL signed off flying 703, then move to the 705 world. Otherwise it's a dead end FO job with a cheat code available (PICUS).
It's not easy moving to 705 world as you have made it look.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

sstaurus wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 am Ignore him, long time troll.
You're a lightweight.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

sstaurus wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:40 am Ignore him, long time troll.
Yeah, I figured that out about one post too late.

RatMan
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RatMan »

The 150 is a firm requirement. I was in a similar boat in that I needed more PIC time. I approached WJE with options but the black and white answer was “...thou shalt have the required PIC mins”. It is set is very hard granite.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Alright, stop nickel and dimming your hours like some kid who’s counting enough pennies to buy a candy bar... okay that was sarcasm but there is some truth to this. Do yourself and passengers a favour and get some real world PIC before getting a left seat job in a 705..what’s the rush getting to encore with 1000 hours..?? Get your ATPL in 703/4 and then go there. I fly with way too many FOs who do this and a year later write to me asking if I know any PIC jobs because they don’t have enough money to rent a plane or their company does not provide picus and I tell them every time...should have gotten your PIC on the multi before you hopped the fence.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

FOD_Vacuum wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 am Alright, stop nickel and dimming your hours like some kid who’s counting enough pennies to buy a candy bar... okay that was sarcasm but there is some truth to this. Do yourself and passengers a favour and get some real world PIC before getting a left seat job in a 705..what’s the rush getting to encore with 1000 hours..?? Get your ATPL in 703/4 and then go there. I fly with way too many FOs who do this and a year later write to me asking if I know any PIC jobs because they don’t have enough money to rent a plane or their company does not provide picus and I tell them every time...should have gotten your PIC on the multi before you hopped the fence.
Why aren't experienced king air captains hired ?

Blowin' In The Wind
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blowin' In The Wind »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 4:13 pm
fliter wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:52 pm Apply and see. Maybe even mention in your cover letter that you're willing to continue building PIC hours on your own time. Regionals are low on pilots, and 1500 hours of which a bunch are multi, I assume, is a solid number. People are being hired with half of that.
You so far out of reality you must be a clown.
A friend just got placed in the next ground school with 1000 hours instructing, no multi time other than the group 1 IFR, so you must’ve rubbed someone the wrong way.....

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:24 am Why aren't experienced king air captains hired ?
They know they'll be out the door for AC in 6 months.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

If you were making 80 grand as a King Air captain, would you really want the job that pays 40 grand? With some exceptions, the answer is no.

Return to “WestJet Encore”