Whats my market value

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Nextinline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Whats my market value

Post by Nextinline »

Hello folks,

I am sitting at just under 1500TT of which almost all is as an F.O. on a multi-engine airplane flying to Fort xxxx, xxxx lake and gfjhslioywer reserves. I am looking to take my next step and am wondering what type of market value I hold as I start looking at options. What type of ballpark salary should I expect? What companies would be some of the "better" options someone in my position should be looking at?

I'm thinking I want to stay away from regionals at this point as I want PIC time. Staying at my current employer and waiting for upgrades is also an option but I want to get a feel for my worth and at least explore the possibilities.

So whats my value?
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Whats my market value

Post by Bede »

I like the way you think.

I would imagine that you could get on with a reputable operator and upgrade shortly.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

I like the way you want people to think that you have 1500 hours and yet this is the 1st time you've used the internet. One, or both, of those things is likely false.

But maybe I'm just grumpy because my Mom made me stay in my basement room because I didn't get the lawn mowed. :evil: But really, I still wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

40-50 grand in the FO seat and 60-70 in the captain seat.

Once you have the ATPL, add another 10 grand, and after several hundred hours multi-PIC, add another 10 grand. For a total of 80-90 grand.

I'd find pretty much any company that does charter work on King Airs. Avoid the dedicated medivac companies as they usually require the ATPL before upgrading...catch 22. Immediately Transwest and Westwind come to mind, but I'm sure there's more.

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

You define your own worth, not your employer. you decide if what a potential employer is offering meets your current fiscal needs and career goals. as in most negotiations best to ask and get terms up front so that there is no confusion.

Looking back on nearly 40 years I've managed to keep up to inflation of my dad's Era 1000 gross in 1970 now takes 8200 gross today most of that inflation driven by govt taxes and borrowing. your grandkids future but that's for another day

laserstrike
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by laserstrike »

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

laserstrike wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:50 am500
That made me chuckle. It has been a while.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Per day?

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?

Return to “General Comments”