New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: New hire bids

Post by KenoraPilot »

The GGN pilots in this most recent GS were not part of the MOS 4 group that will come over with their seniority. GGN pilots coming over with MOS 4 could be as early as July but likely Aug or later.
---------- ADS -----------

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Most recent junior Captain position in YVR went to a pilot with 1 year seniority on the Q400 (effective Dec 1, 2019). (just for a reference for those wanting YVR)

1 Year for YUL DH8 Captain position as well just was awarded.

Last edited by KenoraPilot on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarkyMark90
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MarkyMark90 »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:10 pm Most recent junior Q400 position in YVR went to a pilot with 1 year seniority (effective Dec 1, 2019). (just for a reference for those wanting YVR)
How come the new GS offers 50% Q's out of YVR ? :?

My dream is to fly... Over the rainbow, so high!!
ragequit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ragequit »

Last edited by ragequit on Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

KenoraPilot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:10 pm Most recent junior Q400 position in YVR went to a pilot with 1 year seniority (effective Dec 1, 2019). (just for a reference for those wanting YVR)
How long for the average upgrade at all bases these days ?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

dhc# wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:59 pm
How long for the average upgrade at all bases these days ?
YVR 1 year
YUL 1 year
YYZ 1-2 years
YYC 2-3 years

matrix77
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by matrix77 »

Does anyone know when HR selected people from the pool ,do they select candidates From other ALPA first , then after person with highest overall score? (ex. college degree, military experience ,ATPL , EFIS time,performance on sim,MMPI all being individual score?), if that is the case, candidates that has lowest point will they going to be remain in the pool forever? It seems like someone has been in the pool for almost a year and others got hired few weeks after their pool email.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Anyone from Jazz care to make an educated guess as to what the August bid will bring for the fall of 2019 into spring 2020 ?

Radiocaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Radiocaster »

My educated guess would be no bid for August. Only backfill.

FlameKPT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlameKPT »

yhz41 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm For those wondering, the latest class had:
4 YYZ RJ
2 YYC Q
8 YVR Q
Morning All. Just curious as to how the bidding works. I know you get your seniority at initial hire based on either the random draw or ALPA status. Once you get that assigned, are you able to bid on the Location/Aircraft preferred from first to last, or just the Aircraft preferred?

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

Radiocaster wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:15 am My educated guess would be no bid for August. Only backfill.
IMHO, I believe there will be a bid. Maybe not many new awards, but definitely a clean up of the Jan bid wrt Air Georgian integration.

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

FlameKPT wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:11 am
yhz41 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:08 pm For those wondering, the latest class had:
4 YYZ RJ
2 YYC Q
8 YVR Q
Morning All. Just curious as to how the bidding works. I know you get your seniority at initial hire based on either the random draw or ALPA status. Once you get that assigned, are you able to bid on the Location/Aircraft preferred from first to last, or just the Aircraft preferred?
On the first day they tell you available positions which is both location and aircraft then on the 2nd day after the seniority draw you pick what you want in order of seniority

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

How hard is to get YYC base nowadays, if not awarded on the initial GS?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

YYC will depend on what type you get. If its DH8 it will be very hard as the DH8 is shrinking in YYC. To be honest it looks like the RJ and Q are shrinking in YYC as well, however, they are still backfilling for attrition to AC. What the future of the YYC base will look like in 2020 is anyones guess. Crazy stuff happens all the time. I'd say right now YYC base is anything from 2/3months to 12+ months to get into. All depends on who leaves for AC and what the bid in Aug will look like if there is one.

WalkRunFly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WalkRunFly »

Hello Boys and girls! I am starting training soon and I was wondering if you guys happen to know how hard or easy it is to get a position in YUL. Let’s say I pick the RJ or Q400 somewhere else, what’s a reasonable time frame to expect a transfer back to YUL? Also for those who are ALPA members, how does that work?
Thank you guys! See you on the line!!

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

WalkRunFly wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:18 am Hello Boys and girls! I am starting training soon and I was wondering if you guys happen to know how hard or easy it is to get a position in YUL. Let’s say I pick the RJ or Q400 somewhere else, what’s a reasonable time frame to expect a transfer back to YUL? Also for those who are ALPA members, how does that work?
Sent a PM

WalkRunFly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by WalkRunFly »

KenoraPilot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:35 pm
WalkRunFly wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:18 am Hello Boys and girls! I am starting training soon and I was wondering if you guys happen to know how hard or easy it is to get a position in YUL. Let’s say I pick the RJ or Q400 somewhere else, what’s a reasonable time frame to expect a transfer back to YUL? Also for those who are ALPA members, how does that work?
Sent a PM
Thank you KenoraPilot. I still dont have anything in my PMs.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Right now YVR is the most junior base. YUL has all 3 types so I would think DH8 and Q will get you back the fastest with the highest turnover. I wouldn't expect much longer than a couple months to get back to YUL if at all. Lots of hiring into YVR at the moment as its quite short staffed.

If you are currently an ALPA member in good standing when you join Jazz you will be allowed to choose first in order of seniority with other ALPA members in your GS. Then everyone else who isn't an ALPA member will draw from a hat for their seniority numbers. (Based on DOH joining an ALPA carrier).

Bajan Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bajan Pilot »

"Also for those who are ALPA members, how does that work?"

Not sure what you mean by that statement. Everything is governed by DoH seniority, unless you are coming from another ALPA carrier then your DoH [for ALPA seniority purposes] at Jazz is the date you joined your original company.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Bajan Pilot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:36 am "Also for those who are ALPA members, how does that work?"

Not sure what you mean by that statement. Everything is governed by DoH seniority, unless you are coming from another ALPA carrier then your DoH [for ALPA seniority purposes] at Jazz is the date you joined your original company.

Yes, so if you come from an ALPA carrier right before Jazz you get to transfer your DOH seniority to Jazz ONLY for the purpose of bidding type/base.
Eg: If there are 3 out of 16 in the class that are ALPA members from their previous company, they will bid first, second & third in the class based on their DOH that they joined ALPA (at the company previous to Jazz). Then the rest of the 13 members of the class will draw numbers from a hat to assign their ALPA seniority.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”