F bomb on hot mic

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

F bomb on hot mic

Post by Blueontop »

Anyone else on here catch the beauty of an F-Bomb on Toronto Centre 119.37 yesterday (June 12) about 2110z :shock: :lol: made my entire day!
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: F bomb on hot mic

Post by 7ECA »

Sure it wasn't just a Boston fan?

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

One of my coworkers did that on yyc ground. I was furiously tapping on the comm to show him the tx lit up, I yelled you'r mic is open, and he goes and says "oh @#$! my mic is stuck"... nice. east ground was not amused.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

This particular fella was mid-story about some ATC guy he knew was having difficulty with the training and “had no Fn idea how he didnt wash out the program” 😂😬🤭🤣

Knowing the frequency and general time is it possible to find it on ATC live or something like that? :lol:

Ki-ll
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Ki-ll »

Try here:
https://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=canada
Where in the FIR did this take place?

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Can't just make a mistake anymore, learn and move on. Nope, need some internet hero to make it viral.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Fackkkkk, sorry boys, got my updated sched for the weekend 🤪

switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

Several years ago I heard via a hot mic how a pilot was briefing his passenger on how to get through customs without declaring a bunch of stuff. ATC came back after the hot mic issue was cleared and said he wondered if the Agent would like to hear the tapes!!

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

There is a certain apron advisor in yyz, who is how shall i say less than useful. Gave my friend wrong direction "clearance"advisory only" he read back the the proper one. Hung up so he thought and remarked "what a stupid C$&@" when he finally noticed and fixed the problem, dumb twit had been replaced and a new apron guy simply responded " you had a sticky mic there.

Does that person still work there?

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Remember center calling Jazz a stupid fucking cunt? Pepperidge farms remembers.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Mmmm the classic mics of YYZ.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm Can't just make a mistake anymore, learn and move on. Nope, need some internet hero to make it viral.
Bingo.
If you are not perfectly politically correct and never make any minor mistake EVER, you are dangerous scum here in canadastan.
That pretty much makes 90% of the population inadmissable to society.
The 10% will make sure you will be flogged and ejected to the trash heap. :lol:

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

confusedalot wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:13 pm
CL-Skadoo! wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm Can't just make a mistake anymore, learn and move on. Nope, need some internet hero to make it viral.
Bingo.
If you are not perfectly politically correct and never make any minor mistake EVER, you are dangerous scum here in canadastan.
That pretty much makes 90% of the population inadmissable to society.
The 10% will make sure you will be flogged and ejected to the trash heap. :lol:

Attachments
5550870C-6EA4-434F-AC96-2021B37EC383.jpeg
5550870C-6EA4-434F-AC96-2021B37EC383.jpeg (77.98 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Back about 84, I'd just bought a 310 in Renton WA, and we decided to take a run down to Monterrey to visit friends in that area. My wife and I, a couple that were very close friends, and their son.

We passed Medford VFR with a ceiling around 6000. Mt. Shasta was up ahead, and we asked for a pop up clearance to get us over the pass and past Mt. Shasta. We entered cloud around 6000 and soon the boots were popping and alky was pumping onto the windshield. We got the masks on and going through 10,000, the engines started to heave a bit, then a whole lot. A lot of pitching up and down. I advised the controller we were having engine problems and could not maintain altitude and wanted an immediate vector back to Medford. He asked if I was declaring an emergency and I said ok.

In the midst of this, buddy in the right seat, who has a headset, starts yelling "What's going on, what's going on" I said "Shut the @#$! up, can't you see I'm busy". And he did, and I told him we were going back to Medford, we would easily make the field, and lots of other places for a safe forced. I'm throttled back all the way back to stop the porpoising and we break out at 6000 on a high downwind and once VFR, I advance the throttles to see how manageable the porpoising was VFR. They ran fine.

We land normally with all power available. Tower says I have some paperwork to do. I get out, notice that the fuselage is a melting popsicle, and that the air intakes inside the engines have still got a rim of ice reducing their opening size. So I'd forgotten that this one had manual alternate air.

Climb the stairs, meet the tower guy, he hands me the papers and I'm standing at the counter filling them out. I look at him and he's grinning and says "That was a comforting passenger briefing you gave there. Your mike was stuck" It wasn't, I just hadn't taken my finger off it from the previous conversation. We had a laugh, I told him the cause, and we went to the Red Baron, I think it was in those days, had our lunch, then flew over the coast, where the weather was better, and spent a couple of days around Carmel. Didn't hear anything more.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

You think you've had a bad day with an open mic, try being a police chopper with a megaphone on :smt040 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.3123905

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Has everyone forgotten about the three G's conversation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilQHP8PgHWs

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

KAG wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:30 pm You think you've had a bad day with an open mic, try being a police chopper with a megaphone on :smt040 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.3123905
:lol:
8C2899E1-7DDE-42F3-B8FF-7120952D7009.jpeg
8C2899E1-7DDE-42F3-B8FF-7120952D7009.jpeg (27.8 KiB) Viewed 2352 times

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

I had a friend doing an IFR x country in a 172. I was on the same frequency when the controller gave him an approach clearance 3 times with no response. The controllers mic was stuck and he continued to call him a “f***ing nuisance“. As soon as he landed my buddy managed to nab the recording from live atc. The controller apologized to him the whole next leg. Us and our ATC buddies got a good kick out of the recording. Someone said they were going to make sure it got played at his retirement party. I’m not sure if that ever happened.

Return to “General Comments”