Congrats

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Congrats

Post by TheStig »

Remaining separate isn't possible. Merging the companies, employee groups and negotiating Collective Agreements wont happen overnight. There are a wide range of opinions on both APLA and ACPA, and say what you will about the ACPA collective agreement, Article 1, Scope is clear and simple. I'm not going to cut and paste it on a public forum. Since its creation ACPA has always fought for scope. It fought for the 50 seat and 75 seat jets, up until having those aircraft at the regional was the industry norm. There is language within the CA limiting the size of the rouge fleet with respect to the mainline fleet size and the airlines ability to replace the B767.

The concern with the merger is with respect to what will the wages and scheduling language will be within the agreement. From Zip, the the EMJ pay rates and rouge there is a history of concessions made for 'new' flying. A merged AC/TS entity holds a dominant position within the Canadian trans-Atlantic market and improvements over the current CA should be made.
---------- ADS -----------

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

http://negotech.labour.gc.ca/eng/agreem ... 23006a.pdf

for anyone curious about the AC contract, its public as are any collective agreements so no need for privacy.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

sicamore wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 am You sir, have a deal. I'll get the bank draft organized immediately. What's your name?
I'm not giving out that information for free; you get the details when you show me the bank draft and proof of your income for the two years required. Send me a PM and we'll discuss. Or is your mouth literally writing cheques your ass can't cash?

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

sicamore wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:37 am You're very full of yourself aren't you?
Since no one has rebutted my analysis, and I'm clearly correct, I have good reason to be.

Handover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Handover »

Chill

Last edited by Handover on Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Diadem wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 pm
sicamore wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:45 am You sir, have a deal. I'll get the bank draft organized immediately. What's your name?
I'm not giving out that information for free; you get the details when you show me the bank draft and proof of your income for the two years required. Send me a PM and we'll discuss. Or is your mouth literally writing cheques your ass can't cash?
You two are behaving like children. Act like the professional pilots you are claiming to be.

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

Diadem wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 pm
Oh no I'm more than happy to proceed. However I do doubt your commitment to your word.

Per your precise instructions, my last year as an expat was a sabbatical as a scuba instructor, which unfortunately did not pay very much - in fact less than my first year back here. This sadly would produce a negative amount for a bank draft, something probably not possible to implement, but I'm game to try. Though I'm not sure one can create a bank draft without the name of the payee.

I can, of course, back this all up with licenses and log books, tax statements and even passport stamps. I'll of course remove any identifying details.

If I forward your requested details, I have your word that you will supply your name and proof of residency you have said you will?

Or will your ass not be prepared to cash your motor mouths cheques as you so eloquently put.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Settle this like men:

YYZ Viscount parking lot, Level 5, 15:00.

Let's see some real taxable benefits.

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 am Settle this like men:

Better show up an hour early to find a parking spot!

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

speedah wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Don’t forget to wear your uniform.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

BTD wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:13 pm
speedah wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Don’t forget to wear your uniform.
Rule #1?

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

sicamore wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:37 am Oh no I'm more than happy to proceed. However I do doubt your commitment to your word.

Per your precise instructions, my last year as an expat was a sabbatical as a scuba instructor, which unfortunately did not pay very much - in fact less than my first year back here. This sadly would produce a negative amount for a bank draft, something probably not possible to implement, but I'm game to try. Though I'm not sure one can create a bank draft without the name of the payee.

I can, of course, back this all up with licenses and log books, tax statements and even passport stamps. I'll of course remove any identifying details.

If I forward your requested details, I have your word that you will supply your name and proof of residency you have said you will?

Or will your ass not be prepared to cash your motor mouths cheques as you so eloquently put.
Of course. But as I said, you have to be willing to come to my home to view the documents in person; I'm certainly not going to send copies over the internet, as I would likely find my personal info spread for all to see shortly after. PM me, and we can work it out.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Handover wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm As a non expat I think what the others are saying is that we have it good Canada but our salaries could be better to match other countries with our standard of living.

There is nothing wrong with that at all.

You seem to be saying that others want to come back to Canada and earn more than Canadians. No where did I see anyone say that.
And I'm trying to explain why our incomes aren't on par with those of the rest of the world in comparison to our costs of living: we have a different labour market with different supplies and demands of pilots here. I don't think anyone would argue that it would be nice to have more money, but no one deserves more money, and we aren't going to get any more until there's a true pilot shortage. The Canadian pilot market is oversaturated, whereas places like China and the UAE are sorely lacking in experienced pilots, and therefore they have to increase pay in order to attract foreigners to move there. The only reason most North Americans or Europeans would go there for an extended period is money, and very few foreigners stay once their financial motivations have been satisfied; most return to their home countries because they have attachments there, whether those be familial, sentimental, or tied to lifestyle. That includes Canadian pilots, who come home to a market where AC and WS can already pick and choose from a huge pool of qualified applicants who are willing to work for pretty much any amount of money, because it's still better than slogging it out in the bush for minimum wage. Those expats dilute the market further, and there's no motivation for airlines to give pilots more money as long as they can fill ground schools. There's no big mystery behind it, but so many posters here have victim complexes that it drives me nuts.
I don't think most expats want to come back and earn more than those who stayed; I've encountered a few who thought that they deserved to jump straight into the left seat at an airline ahead of all the FOs because their experience entitled them to more than bottom of the list, but most genuinely want all Canadian pilots to make more. What irritates me, and got me to post here in the first place, is the expats who are choosing to come back here, despite knowing what the market and pay are like, and then bitching about it. They knew what they were getting into, and they chose to come back to Canada because they had some priority bigger than money, but they whine and moan anyway. They're perpetuating the problem by diluting the market, but they expect Calin Rovinescu to give them a 200% raise out of the generosity of his own heart. Employment with an airline is a business transaction that's a compromise for both parties, and neither side is going to give up more than they have to. These pilots knew the terms when they signed their contracts, but they want to have their cake and eat it too. They're the same kinds of people who take jobs with airlines, knowing that they have to wear uniforms, and then moan that they can't fly in shorts and flip flops when it's hot; they knew the conditions when they took the jobs, and if they weren't happy about it they should have kept looking elsewhere. If money is that important, stay overseas. But if they're coming back to Canada, knowing what the labour market and pay are like here, and choosing to come back anyway because they have more important priorities, like keeping their wives happy, then they need to understand that they have no one to blame for their circumstances except themselves. That's what pisses me off: they aren't taking responsibility for their own decisions.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Diadem wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:42 pm That's what pisses me off: they aren't taking responsibility for their own decisions.
Diadem - your need to be right on all matters is a very unattractive trait within a pilot. We've all flown with that person, and they are all avoided over time by not only their colleagues but their companies as well.

I would reevaluate your modus vivendi before it is too late if I were you.

Return to “Air Transat”