Avcanada

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

kilocharliemike
Rank 3
Rank 3

Avcanada

Post by kilocharliemike »

I have always used this forum to help get jobs in this weird ass business, ramp, dispatch and and the seat I currently hold which I don’t really consider a job. Read through all the negativity. Asked questions mostly through pm’s. I started flying in my late 30’s and have always had 2 jobs at the same time to pay bills until just recently, and find it a bit surreal that I meet mins for most of what is posted these days.

Nothing really much to say just feeling nostalgic after reading all my old pm’s and a few Caesar’s...do fun shit, that’s what I tell the kids...
---------- ADS -----------

Braun
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Avcanada

Post by Braun »

kilocharliemike wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm I have always used this forum to help get jobs in this weird ass business, ramp, dispatch and and the seat I currently hold which I don’t really consider a job. Read through all the negativity. Asked questions mostly through pm’s. I started flying in my late 30’s and have always had 2 jobs at the same time to pay bills until just recently, and find it a bit surreal that I meet mins for most of what is posted these days.

Nothing really much to say just feeling nostalgic after reading all my old pm’s and a few Caesar’s...do fun shit, that’s what I tell the kids...
Hehe, nice! Same here, sorta. I joined avcanada when I was applying for ATC back in 2006, I was 18. Today I’ve been an ATC for 13 years and when I read my old posts it for sure makes me feel nostalgic as well!

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

15 years on avcanada... surreal indeed.

I remember my early days on here and on the old forum meeting minimums for jobs was never the case... always needed a PPC and 5000 hours to sit right seat in a light twin... let alone get a job in a dash or a jet... ramp jobs even had minimums and were competitive.

I recall thinking "How am I ever going to get that?"... somehow I guess I did and came out the other side. Meet all the minimums I see posted these days, but not looking for a job anymore... let alone 2 jobs to make ends meet... been there.

Those were the days...

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Man... I've already been here 12 years...

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I haven't been on here that long, but it feels more like "adcanada" these days more than anything.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

I am not sure how many years I have been here it has to be over twenty.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

C.W.E. wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 pm I am not sure how many years I have been here it has to be over twenty.
We can tell.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

C.W.E. wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 pm I am not sure how many years I have been here it has to be over twenty.
You joined in 2017, your welcome.😁

15 years for myself.

Return to “General Comments”