Swoop Last min cancellations

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Swoop Last min cancellations

Post by rookiepilot »

You, know, not that it's usually the pilots fault, but guys your industry really, really sucks for customer service in Canuckistan.

Do they actually think up ways to piss off their customers?

Don't blame the CBC for this one. Swoop should have booked all of these pax on another carrier, per their tariff!

This isn't a "get what you pay for, either". Discount might be discount, but it's still a paid contract for a service.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/swoop- ... -1.5210121

"Radek Romanowski got his cancellation notice the evening before his July 8 return flight from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to Hamilton. A second email that night informed him that he was rebooked to fly on July 15 — one week later.

That didn't work for the small business owner who needed to return home to Komoka, Ont., for work. But he couldn't call Swoop to complain — because it was Sunday and the call centre was closed. He did send an email, but received no reply."

"Kevin Blenkhorn found out his Swoop flight was cancelled when he and his wife showed up at the Hamilton airport on July 7 to take their return flight to Edmonton.

"I was not happy," said Blenkhorn who lives in Fort Saskatchewan, Alta. Swoop had rebooked him on a flight that departed six days later, but Blenkhorn needed to get home immediately to return to his mining job.

He found a flight leaving the next morning on WestJet — Swoop's owner — totalling $1,462 for two last-minute tickets. He was surprised that WestJet wouldn't waive the cost.

"I called WestJet and they said, 'Well, we really don't have anything to do with [Swoop].'"
---------- ADS -----------

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Swoop Last min cancellations

Post by Hangry »

No. You get what you pay for.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I’ll admit we have some things to learn about customer service from America....

https://youtu.be/VrDWY6C1178

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Twitter is a wonderful tool as a customer to resolve a problem with a provider.

Apply public pressure when a problem is ignored, and company behaviour improves dramatically.

---------

I can't imagine the morale at Westjet these days.........

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Hangry wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:59 pm No. You get what you pay for.
I don't really blame them. Most pax don't fully understand what swoop or even mainline works. They are being taken advantage of. I don't agree with it.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

It’s like seeing an advertisement on instagram for something that is 90% off like a MacBook for $150... if it’s too good to be true it is

Return to “General Comments”