CMA

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

CMA

Post by leftoftrack »

anyone know wages and GDO for the YVR dash?
---------- ADS -----------

the AK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: CMA

Post by the AK »

FO's are mid 30's and Capts are 63-64 ish to start if you don't meet contrails and 83ish to start if you do meet them. 18 days a month and pay not based on credit hours mean that most pilost burnout in 2 years. I figured out for Aug I am looking 97 credits worth of flying but since we aren't paid by credit hour I will not recieve about 1800 dollars in overtime.

It's not a long term company. 8 legs a day are common out of the Vancouver base. On charters you will be checking in passengers loading your own bags, and having to sort out any issues with the manifesst. So you will need to act as CSA, baggage loader, and charter coordinator on top of your pilot duties. But you won't be paid extra for this.

Top pay for 705 Capts is 100 000 and in Vancouver that won't go very far and isn't enough to ever retire. High turnover in the last few years hasn't led to any changes in the company as management seems obvious to the fact that they need to change.

The company is not proactive at all. They are constantly reacting to situations which could have been avoided by a little foresight and planning. Profit driven culture at the expense of the people who work there.

Docbrad
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Docbrad »

the AK wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:13 pm FO's are mid 30's and Capts are 63-64 ish to start if you don't meet contrails and 83ish to start if you do meet them. 18 days a month and pay not based on credit hours mean that most pilost burnout in 2 years. I figured out for Aug I am looking 97 credits worth of flying but since we aren't paid by credit hour I will not recieve about 1800 dollars in overtime.

It's not a long term company. 8 legs a day are common out of the Vancouver base. On charters you will be checking in passengers loading your own bags, and having to sort out any issues with the manifesst. So you will need to act as CSA, baggage loader, and charter coordinator on top of your pilot duties. But you won't be paid extra for this.

Top pay for 705 Capts is 100 000 and in Vancouver that won't go very far and isn't enough to ever retire. High turnover in the last few years hasn't led to any changes in the company as management seems obvious to the fact that they need to change.

The company is not proactive at all. They are constantly reacting to situations which could have been avoided by a little foresight and planning. Profit driven culture at the expense of the people who work there.
If I only read the bold text, I'd have no idea which company you're talking about because it describes so many :lol:

the AK
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by the AK »

That is a very true statement

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Very true statement-especially in the Vancouver area, cost of living is insane yet the operators here somehow get away with paying the least for any pilot position whereas you go elsewhere in the country, you get on average 20-30k more a year with a lower cost of living. Kind of backwards if you ask me.

Choppermech1986
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Choppermech1986 »

Supply and demand. Mom and Dad pay for the license and know that with a few years of support, their kid will be in AC/WJ and they can kick them out of home as a fully fledged airline pilot. Those who don't have that support live in YXX.

Return to “Employment Forum”