First big airshow of the season Apr 30

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

http://www.aero150.com/

Can see the French and Canadian demo teams.
---------- ADS -----------

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: First big airshow of the season Apr 30

Post by Meecka »

Looooots of static aircraft.

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

Saw the French Team down at Sun n Fun two weeks ago
Meh ! they were ok , nothing to really write home about compared to some of the more accomplished Teams

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

Good to know. I got to see the Italians when I was a kid and they put on a pretty good show. I enjoy the show the Blues put-on.

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

The French were ok I guess but not comparable to the Angels, T-Birds and the Snowbirds
Down at Sun N Fun the Blue Angels put on a hell of a show .
Apparently there is no restriction to flying over the crowds and exhibits at Sun N Fun
For an hour one morning , the Angels did nothing but 100-200 ft high speed passes scaring the crap out people.
It reminded me of the Canadian Shows in the 1970s when the CAF use to do that sort of thing with the Voodoos.
Was great fun

...isn't he the best pilot you've ever seen?....Yeah he is ....except when I'm shaving.........
Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

I was thinking of making an appearance for the Gatineau show (haven't been to one since 2012), but now not so much. With a relatively short list of performing aircraft, most of which I've seen fly many times, the french team were the only draw. They've been hyped up so much I was expecting something quite spectacular. I'm sure it will be great for those that don't go to these things often.

fleet16b
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by fleet16b »

I never had the desire to attend the VWC shows for the same reason . Very small line up and most of their collection does not fly anymore.
Unfortunately , VWC has never really found their nicthe in the Vintage Aircraft world . They have done some great things here but have never really been a consistent player .
Now more than ever it is just one individuals private collection that he occasionally shares with the public.
They have had some dramatic ups and downs and learned a lot of lessons the hard way choosing not to take experienced advice .
Of course , pissing off multiple Vintage / Warbird groups in the US doesn't help either . Too bad there was great potential there

Meecka
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Meecka »

For me, 2012 was their last good show, and not because that was the last one I worked. Most of the fighters were flying, there were a fair amount of visiting acts, and the crowds were huge.

FOXBATONE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FOXBATONE »

The media pit tickets seem to have been sold out, any possibility of those coming back on?

SlyHix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SlyHix »

Just saw this, rather weird, especially given next year is a massive year for the RAF. Does this mean there is not an official RAF Airshow for their centenary year?

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”