Instructor and ACP

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Tertius
Rank 1
Rank 1

Instructor and ACP

Post by Tertius »

Hi everyone

Can you give me some guidance, I have converted my FAA ALTP to TC ALTP and will be moving to Canada by the end of the year. I am just milling around with some ideas in my head, by moving there at my age I will diminish my available capital for retirement significantly and thought of doing my Instructors once there hence the following questions:

1. I have my converted ALTP now with around 8000 hours which is a mix on Dash 8's and the CRJ
2. If and when I do my instructors are you automatically a ACP as well with a Instructors rating?
3. What would be the road to travel to become an Instructor? Would it be the same as in South Africa where we call it a Grade 3 and I think TC calls it a Class 4 instructor then you have to accumulate 200 hours of ab initio training before going to the next level?

Just some guidance regarding this as I think/thought that it would be advisable to be an instructor which will allow you to continue working after the required retirement age.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Instructor and ACP

Post by Bede »

In Canada, it's an ATPL.

You don't get ACP privileges with an instructor rating.

You start at class 4 instructor and need 100 hrs, 3 solo recommends and 3 successful flight test recommends, all under supervision at a flying school, to move to class 3. Class 3 let's you instruct unsupervised.

Tertius
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Instructor and ACP

Post by Tertius »

Bede wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:05 am In Canada, it's an ATPL.

You don't get ACP privileges with an instructor rating.

You start at class 4 instructor and need 100 hrs, 3 solo recommends and 3 successful flight test recommends, all under supervision at a flying school, to move to class 3. Class 3 let's you instruct unsupervised.
Thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Flight Training”