August Equip Bid

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

August Equip Bid

Post by Transition9er2 »

Hi all,

Just wondering what the word is out there about an August bid. With all the hiring we’re doing I can’t imagine the training department has the ability to add a ton of equipment changes and upgrades, but with the movement out of the company it’d also suggest the company ‘needs’ a bid.

Thoughts?

Also, welcome aboard to all the new hires!
---------- ADS -----------

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: August Equip Bid

Post by av8ts »

Once Rouge takes over all the YFC YSJ flying there’s not much need for a YYZ Q base. Do YYZ crews continue to DH east or west to start every pairing? YVR Q base will continue to grow. Out east do we open a YHZ Q base? Way more flying there for the Q than YYZ but open a base or continue to dh crews from YYZ and YUL? Or just YUL?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

My "guess" is that we will see an Aug Bid. I bet you'll see reductions and "re-alignment" from the delayed GGN handover etc. I expect to see the YYZ Q400 base closed and moved to either YUL, YYC (possibly YVR). This may happen on the Jan bid, but I do expect it to happen.
I expect to see the YYC DH8 base show some major reductions on CA/FO sides equally and an increase of Q positions and possibly RJ. I personally hope to see the YYC base stabilize or grow a little bit as its been shrinking over the last few bids. YVR I expect to stay stable and YUL to stay stable.

I do expect to see some more upgrades as people are taking the flow through to AC and as the GGN planes are coming across. Along with the forecasted AC hiring over the fall and into early 2020. Again this is all a "guess" and I really have no clue what might happen.

Good luck to all, and we should see the Bid by Aug 15th ish.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I generally agree with KP,

However I think there will be a bit more growth in YVR. I'd be surprised to see any changes to the YYC DH8 base. It fills a very unique niche, especially with the addition of the GGN 1900 flying.

Isn't the YYZ Q doing a lot of that eastern flying? or is it mostly YUL? I don't look too closely at their bid pacs anymore.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't run an august bid again..

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Rowdy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:35 pm I generally agree with KP,

However I think there will be a bit more growth in YVR. I'd be surprised to see any changes to the YYC DH8 base. It fills a very unique niche, especially with the addition of the GGN 1900 flying.

Isn't the YYZ Q doing a lot of that eastern flying? or is it mostly YUL? I don't look too closely at their bid pacs anymore.

The YYC DH8 base "is" slated to be reduced to 14CA and 12FO and currently there are 30 and 28. I just expect Aug or Jan to accelerate this reduction as many of the YYC DH8 CA are not going to AC. Also a large large majority of YYC DH8 flying is YVR, YYZ based flying and only a small portion of our bid pack is YYC based flying (including the GGN flying).

I also think for no other reason then to re-align the training dates for a majority of people they will run an AUG bid. So many training schedules were messed up (especially in YYZ) because of the 737 Max and GGN slow down.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Rowdy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:35 pm

That eastern flying is being taken off the Q and given to rouge 319

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:10 pm

There is lot of eastern flying out of YHZ to BOS YQY YDF YQX YYR YYT that is done by YYZ Q base is not scheduled to go to Rouge

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

av8ts wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:34 am
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:10 pm

There is lot of eastern flying out of YHZ to BOS YQY YDF YQX YYR YYT that is done by YYZ Q base is not scheduled to go to Rouge
Fair enough. Heck with all those routes a yhz base might not be a bad idea

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Any Jazz types out there got an update/info on the August bid ??

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

dhc# wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm Any Jazz types out there got an update/info on the August bid ??
Hasn't come out yet, usually comes out Aug 15th (or close to it) I expect to see it Aug 15 or 16th.

FlameKPT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlameKPT »

Last rumor I heard was the August bid wasnt happening till Sept.

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

I know it's just a guess but does anybody reckon there might be a return of a yhz base in the future?

Also as somebody who's applying to Jazz and lives in Halifax, which base gives the most overnights in yhz (I'm guessing Toronto)?

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Highly unlikely they will open another base. Especially YHZ, but ya just never know any more.

As for overnights, thats a difficult one as the schedule changes frequently. I see something different every time I open a monthly bid package these days it seems. I'm going to guess the CRJ and Q from YUL and then YYZ would be the two that saw the most eastern overnights.
ehv8oar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:13 am I know it's just a guess but does anybody reckon there might be a return of a yhz base in the future?

Also as somebody who's applying to Jazz and lives in Halifax, which base gives the most overnights in yhz (I'm guessing Toronto)?

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

KenoraPilot wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 pm
dhc# wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm Any Jazz types out there got an update/info on the August bid ??
Hasn't come out yet, usually comes out Aug 15th (or close to it) I expect to see it Aug 15 or 16th.
Once it comes out, would appreciate it, if you guys could share the info/opinions/rumours regarding hiring and bases going into 2020....

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

The equipment bid will be delayed until Sept or possibly later (officially)

ehv8oar
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ehv8oar »

Highly unlikely they will open another base. Especially YHZ, but ya just never know any more.

As for overnights, thats a difficult one as the schedule changes frequently. I see something different every time I open a monthly bid package these days it seems. I'm going to guess the CRJ and Q from YUL and then YYZ would be the two that saw the most eastern overnights.
Thanks for the info

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 am The equipment bid will be delayed until Sept or possibly later (officially)
Is the delay due to the Max issues at AC or with the Georgian pilots coming over or the economy ??? Whats the latest if anybody knows...

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

dhc# wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:02 am The equipment bid will be delayed until Sept or possibly later (officially)
Is the delay due to the Max issues at AC or with the Georgian pilots coming over or the economy ??? Whats the latest if anybody knows...
We were told it was a combination of the ongoing Georgian issue, the late release of the winter and future flying schedules from air canada which may be related to the 737 max issues.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Basically AC hasn’t told Jazz yet what it wants as they probably don’t know what they want. Word is the bud will come out Aug 30th or until they delay again.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Now that AC bid is out Jazz will need lots of pilots if AC needs to fill each GS with 60% of Jazz pilots.

I think Jazz will need to give AC 480 pilots ... ouch

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”