Seeking advice- what would you do?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rank 0
Rank 0

Seeking advice- what would you do?

Post by 14600 »

Hello fellow aviators,

"New" ish pilot here seeking advice for my next step. My preference is to work for Jazz or Encore sooner than later.

About me:

-Approximately 600 hours TT with 250 Multi PIC (Navajo Chieftain). I work for a skydive operation so multi time is VFR, but I do have my Group 1 IFR.
-I have an Undergraduate and Master degree from a Canadian University.
-Transitioned to a career in aviation later in life, currently 35.

For those of you in the know with the current hiring situation is it wise to apply at Encore and Jazz? I have an internal reference for both.

Additionally, if Encore or Jazz are unrealistic right now and if you were me, where would you apply? Taking experience/ company vibe/ pay, etc into consideration. I enjoy working hard but I'm also a lifestyle person so it's extremely important that I enjoy my time with whatever company I land at. I'm not in a race to land a position at XYZ company, I truly enjoy aviation and I'm grateful to be piloting and am enjoying this journey! If I were younger I'd likely bush fly in Indonesia, Africa or somewhere foreign to me. However, being as I'm 35 getting that seniority number is important, to an extent.

Any and all advice greatly appreciated. Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Seeking advice- what would you do?

Post by FishermanIvan »

Might as well apply, but I doubt they’d take you at 650 hours. You could probably find an FO medevac job though. Ornge is hiring and the requirements are 500TT. Probably the best medevac company to work for.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Seeking advice- what would you do?

Post by altiplano »

Apply for the jobs you want, not only the ones you think you can get.

Well educated, a bit of multi pic, presumably still building time on the 'ho... I don't see why a regional wouldn't take you considering they are hiring basically ab-initio kids...

Good luck.

Lindalah
Rank 0
Rank 0

Seeking advice what would you do

Post by Lindalah »

It would be interesting to know as well if the op consides himself to be at the 1 group that are data recovery genius. If so why to spend money to hire someone at the same level and if not why someone at the genius level would work for him... ?

Image ;-)

Return to “Employment Forum”