Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
skybluetrek
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by skybluetrek » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 pm

What it looked like a Falcon 20 landed this afternoon. Any idea who'd fly that equipment for Medevac ops? Couldn't see the registration.
---------- ADS -----------
  

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 7330
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 pm
Location: Making aviation exhausting, everywhere

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by photofly » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:21 pm

No jets - scheduled or private, except medevac, are allowed.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Kirk: This is a dangerous mission. Likely, one of us will die. The landing party will be me, Spock, McCoy, and Ensign Ricky.
Ensign Ricky: Aw, crap.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:53 am
Location: On final so get off the damn runway!

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by linecrew » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm

It was a MED-EVAC. Air Baffin Falcon 20 arriving from Pittsburgh.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BFF ... /KPIT/CYTZ
---------- ADS -----------
  

DanJ
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by DanJ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Wasn't Porter planning to buy CSeries or something if they got approval (which was denied) for jets at YTZ?
---------- ADS -----------
  

Hangry
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 am

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by Hangry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Porter forgot what country they are based in.
---------- ADS -----------
  

skybluetrek
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by skybluetrek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:03 pm

linecrew wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:27 pm
It was a MED-EVAC. Air Baffin Falcon 20 arriving from Pittsburgh.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BFF ... /KPIT/CYTZ
Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------
  

skybluetrek
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by skybluetrek » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm

DanJ wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Wasn't Porter planning to buy CSeries or something if they got approval (which was denied) for jets at YTZ?
Yeah I wonder when are they supposed to start receiving those. Does anyone know?
---------- ADS -----------
  

AirportCoffee
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by AirportCoffee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Yeah I wonder when are they supposed to start receiving those. Does anyone know?
2016 :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------
  

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 am

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by Victory » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:44 am

Porter's office is so sad. They have these wooden models of the C-Series all over. It must be like a constant reminder of what could have been.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1520
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by Heliian » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Victory wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:44 am
Porter's office is so sad. They have these wooden models of the C-Series all over. It must be like a constant reminder of what could have been.
Porter would have been out of business if they had them.
---------- ADS -----------
  

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: YYZ

Re: Are private jets allowed at Toronto Billy B. CYTZ ?

Post by FishermanIvan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Heliian wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Victory wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:44 am
Porter's office is so sad. They have these wooden models of the C-Series all over. It must be like a constant reminder of what could have been.
Porter would have been out of business if they had them.
Not if they could’ve flown them from YTZ, I don’t think. They basically own the airport.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”