Cathay Troubles

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Cathay Troubles

Post by altiplano »

Got that right pelmet. The west is the best.
---------- ADS -----------

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

China isn’t ever going to roll the tanks in. That what was supposed to happen in 1997. Turns out China likes money more than it likes saving face. That’s why they do a massive amount business with Taiwan, as well as the West.

And anyone who says that we lack freedom here in North America either hasn’t been to another country outside of it other than a resort or has kept their lips tight and their opinions closely guarded. The generation snowflake is actually the older conservative one who can’t stand other people gaining freedoms they already enjoyed and still enjoy, but can’t figure out why their bigotry is censored or ridiculed.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Zaibatsu wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:05 pm
And anyone who says that we lack freedom here in North America either hasn’t been to another country outside of it other than a resort or has kept their lips tight and their opinions closely guarded. The generation snowflake is actually the older conservative one who can’t stand other people gaining freedoms they already enjoyed and still enjoy, but can’t figure out why their bigotry is censored or ridiculed.
LOL.

I've done a serious amount of local travel in over 40 countries Z. Including China. Friends living in many of those. I think I have at least a surface grasp.

How about you?

Anyway the point was missed (again).

It's not a comparison to other more repressive regimes.

It's that holding up NA as this standard of idealistic pure democracy is a joke.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

No one is saying this - "It's that holding up NA as this standard of idealistic pure democracy is a joke."
Pure democracy doesn't exist anywhere, but I certainly know where I would rather live.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”