Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by goingnowherefast »

What has become of this airframe?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Outlaw58
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by Outlaw58 »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:42 am What has become of this airframe?
Write-off

58
---------- ADS -----------
 
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by goingnowherefast »

I assume it's been parted out and cut up for scrap by now?
---------- ADS -----------
 
7ECA
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 975
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by 7ECA »

I recall hearing some really out there "theories" about this incident elsewhere, rumours that this was being covered up due to "multi-cultural sensitivities" and was a "terrorist act" that the mainstream media refused to publish, etc, etc...

As if often the case, the truth is more banal than many people imagine - another bowser driver who likens themselves to Mario/Maria Andretti.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ogc
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:52 am

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by ogc »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:23 pm I assume it's been parted out and cut up for scrap by now?
It has been parked on the ramp outside for awhile. You can see it from airport road. They put some new sheet metal on it so she doesnt look so bad.

I dunno if it's still there
---------- ADS -----------
 
DH82EH
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by DH82EH »

It's still there.
The big holes have been closed with plastic.
The logo and registration got painted out, then the reg got re-applied.
---------- ADS -----------
 
tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by tps8903 »

AuxBatOn wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am There is a minimum level of THC to prove impairment under Cannabis.
False. Alcohol is the only drug that has a statutory maximum for blood content. (Operation over 80mg/100ml of blood).

All other drugs are charged via the impairment section which is done on subjective grounds with a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) and a multi-part sobriety test including physical tests, ocular tests and physiological symptoms.
---------- ADS -----------
 
albertdesalvo
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 716
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by albertdesalvo »

tps8903 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 amAll other drugs are charged via the impairment section which is done on subjective grounds with a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert)
Yeah, and we all know the cops have one of these DREs hanging around every station. What a crock of shit.
---------- ADS -----------
 
tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by tps8903 »

albertdesalvo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 pm
tps8903 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 amAll other drugs are charged via the impairment section which is done on subjective grounds with a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert)
Yeah, and we all know the cops have one of these DREs hanging around every station. What a crock of shit.
In Toronto they have a few dozen on duty at Traffic Services at any given time, they also have a mobile DUI unit that can come to a scene. The tests are done at the station in a controlled environment after the arrest by a patrol officer. If a patrol officer suspects impairment they perform a standardized field sobriety test (which every patrol officer in Ontario is now trained in) and then make an arrest.

What part of this is a crock of shit exactly?
---------- ADS -----------
 
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3283
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: North America, sometimes

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by AuxBatOn »

tps8903 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 am
AuxBatOn wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am There is a minimum level of THC to prove impairment under Cannabis.
False. Alcohol is the only drug that has a statutory maximum for blood content. (Operation over 80mg/100ml of blood).

All other drugs are charged via the impairment section which is done on subjective grounds with a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) and a multi-part sobriety test including physical tests, ocular tests and physiological symptoms.
Alcohol

The prohibited blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) is 80 milligrams or more (mg) of alcohol per 100 millilitres (ml) of blood.

Cannabis (THC)

There are two prohibited levels for THC, the primary psychoactive component of cannabis: it is a less serious offence to have between 2 nanograms (ng) and 5 ng of THC per ml of blood. It is a more serious offence to have 5 ng of THC or more per ml of blood.

From: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/sidl-rlcfa/
---------- ADS -----------
 
Going for the deck at corner
tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by tps8903 »

AuxBatOn wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:56 pm
tps8903 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 am
AuxBatOn wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am There is a minimum level of THC to prove impairment under Cannabis.
False. Alcohol is the only drug that has a statutory maximum for blood content. (Operation over 80mg/100ml of blood).

All other drugs are charged via the impairment section which is done on subjective grounds with a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert) and a multi-part sobriety test including physical tests, ocular tests and physiological symptoms.
Alcohol

The prohibited blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) is 80 milligrams or more (mg) of alcohol per 100 millilitres (ml) of blood.

Cannabis (THC)

There are two prohibited levels for THC, the primary psychoactive component of cannabis: it is a less serious offence to have between 2 nanograms (ng) and 5 ng of THC per ml of blood. It is a more serious offence to have 5 ng of THC or more per ml of blood.

From: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/sidl-rlcfa/
I stand humbled and corrected. It appears the laws changed in mid 2018. Looks like I'm a dinosaur in yet another area of my life.
---------- ADS -----------
 
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3283
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:13 pm
Location: North America, sometimes

Re: Jazz Dash 8 and Menzies Fuel Truck Collide in YYZ

Post by AuxBatOn »

The law changed as cannabis was legalized.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Going for the deck at corner
Post Reply

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”