Becoming a pilot with a DUI

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by dialdriver »

Wow! Are you my new internet bully? If you can't maintain a civilized discussion, you can always resort to a personal attack. But then, most people will just avoid you - which is what I will be doing. Likely why the discussion ended. Nice job shutting down this thread. Slow clap...
---------- ADS -----------

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

altiplano wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 am Cavalier?

Past arrests mean nothing if there wasn't a charge and conviction.

If you're currently charged and awaiting trial, sure that's different... but people are arrested all the time as a routine part of police investigations, or sometimes without cause, and are subsequently released. It means nothing and it isn't on your record.
That is definitely not correct.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

What's not correct?

Arrests mean shit.
cncpc wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 pm

If you're currently charged and awaiting trial, sure that's different... but people are arrested all the time as a routine part of police investigations, or sometimes without cause, and are subsequently released. It means nothing and it isn't on your record.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

altiplano wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:20 pm What's not correct?

Arrests mean shit.
cncpc wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Don't know about arrests, but read this:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/managing-criminal-records

Non-conviction information

Non-conviction information refers to information on an individual who has been charged with a crime but not found guilty or convicted. This includes charges that were withdrawn or dismissed.

An individual's file in the National Repository of Criminal Records may include conviction and/or non-conviction records in accordance with legislation, including the Identification of Criminals Act, the Youth Criminal Justice Act and the Criminal Records Act and other applicable laws.

Non-conviction information is kept in the National Repository of Criminal Records until the individual formally requests its destruction, receives a record suspension, or until the individual reaches the age of 125.

Making a request for the destruction of non-conviction information

To make a request for the destruction of non-conviction information, you must apply to the police service that laid the original charge. If the police approves the request, it will then contact the RCMP's Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) to request the destruction of the non-conviction information from the National Repository of Criminal Records.

CCRTIS may refuse to destroy the non-conviction information if there are compelling reasons to deny the request. You can appeal this decision by CCRTIS by sending a letter to:

Director GeneralCanadian Criminal Real Time Identification ServicesRCMP, NPS Bldg.1200 Vanier ParkwayOttawa, OntarioK1A 0R2

When appealing a decision, you should identify if there was a factual or processing error regarding the decision, and/or provide new information that was not included in the original request submitted through your local police. You should also provide additional documents to support the appeal, such as copies of applicable Crown proceedings, police records or court documents."

laminar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by laminar »

The info dialdriver posted is for previous charges that didn’t lead to convictions. When you “run” someone on CPIC you’ll see what they are currently accused with (matters before trial), you’ll see what they have been convicted with, and then at the bottom of the record you’ll see what people have been previously charged but not convicted with.

Arrests with no charges do not make it onto CPIC. They will be on a local system in a report in whatever municipality did the arrest, or in a report on the RCMP records management program “EPROS”, or maybe won’t be on any system and written on a few lines in an officers notebook stuffed away in an evidence locker somewhere.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

dialdriver wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 am Wow! Are you my new internet bully? If you can't maintain a civilized discussion, you can always resort to a personal attack. But then, most people will just avoid you - which is what I will be doing. Likely why the discussion ended. Nice job shutting down this thread. Slow clap...
Yep, the thread shut right down. :roll:

I take it you are someone who thinks it's "all about you", but actually my comments apply to anyone who thinks they can get away with things indefinitely. Surely you can understand it's not really displaying great intelligence to freely admit on a public forum, even under a pseudonym, that you've been lying about your criminal record for decades? It's like Fight Club...the first rule of telling a lie is...not talking about telling a lie...

I hope I have phrased that gently enough so that it's not too much of an "attack" to handle...?

If one wants to lie in a job interview, a Customs questioning, a visa application, or similar, because they are confident they won't be found out, that's fine - but don't lie to yourself as well and assume you'll never be outed.

Ya might be surprised one day. :lol:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

A whole hell of alot of disinformation here...

I was arrested for a dui, in my house, truck parked in the garage, 1.5 hours after, driving......

All this after a kid crashed into my rear bumper, while texting on his cellphone, in a parking lot, at 10 pm.

Kid needed to justify his actions, so after calming him down and doing the standard routine of exchanging insurance information, I left.

He called the cops after the fact. Said I was walking funny and smelled of alcohol.

I was 58, I do walk funny because of age, I drive an suv which is hard to get out of, had a grand total of 2 drinks watching tv shows, going to get fries at the local fast food place cuz I felt like it.

Nowhere near drunk.

So here I am talking to the insurance company, well after the fact, on the phone, and having my brandy.

Cops show up, make the accusation, phone and brandy in hand. 1.5 hours later. Go figure.

Never got convicted of course, completely stupid police work, but it serves as a lesson about how dumb the system works.

So.......a dui does NOT exclude yoy from the US. They consider that as a trivial affair, contrary to canada which considers it equivalent to armed robbery or pedophilia.

Tell them about the dui, some, but not everybody, will dismiss as a minor thing that does not deserve total banishment from society and the right to earn a living. The crazies will have you burn in hell though.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by imcool »

so you are saying that pardon can get you back to regular course of life like it never happened?

that very disapppinting, i am a victim of a violent road rage and almost lost an eye because of this stupid teen guy under 18 did not like my skin color. he attacked me with a screwdriver on a busy intersection in Ontario.

obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court like any law abiding citizen and he pleaded guilty and guess what he did not get any jail time only paid for damages caused which was 300$

now you are saying that he will get pardon like it never happened and laugh about it before going to sleep whenever he recalls that issue and enjoy canadian system?

so laws, penalties, sentences, convictions are just to scare law abiding citizens in Canada as per my own experiences.

As you can become a pilot with a criminal record.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

We're talking dui, not major aggravated assault.

There is a difference. Dui is a bad mistake, but does not carry criminal intent with a desire to inflict harm.

You need to see the difference. Putting a dui into the same boat as a violent person is just plain wrong.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

I was convicted of DUI, should my flying career have been ended?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

imcool wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am so you are saying that pardon can get you back to regular course of life like it never happened?

that very disapppinting, i am a victim of a violent road rage and almost lost an eye because of this stupid teen guy under 18 did not like my skin color. he attacked me with a screwdriver on a busy intersection in Ontario.

obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court like any law abiding citizen and he pleaded guilty and guess what he did not get any jail time only paid for damages caused which was 300$

now you are saying that he will get pardon like it never happened and laugh about it before going to sleep whenever he recalls that issue and enjoy canadian system?

so laws, penalties, sentences, convictions are just to scare law abiding citizens in Canada as per my own experiences.

AI Troll?

"busy intersection in Ontario"...

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

imcool wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 amobvioulsy i charged him and took him to court
Sure you did. You're obviously a police officer. Oh, you're not? Then please explain how you managed to charge him.

Cool story, bro.

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by imcool »

albertdesalvo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 am
imcool wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 amobvioulsy i charged him and took him to court
Sure you did. You're obviously a police officer. Oh, you're not? Then please explain how you managed to charge him.

Cool story, bro.
Cops put charges on him after I called 911. what else should I have written instead?

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by imcool »

altiplano wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 pm
imcool wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am so you are saying that pardon can get you back to regular course of life like it never happened?

AI Troll?

"busy intersection in Ontario"...
its interesting how you are accusing me of being a troll, i hope you or your loved one never get in such a situation, maybe then you will understand better. Anyways, i dont want to waste time in arguing with people seems to me are in support of road rage assaults.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Whatever Buffy.

I thought you were an AI troll which this sight has seen several of.

Your part just seemed so irrelevant and some strangely written story... you have so little to add I didn't think you were real...

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

Cool story, bro.
A police officer is not required to lay a charge in Ontario. A private citizen is capable of swearing an Information in front of a Justice of the Peace.

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by imcool »

tps8903 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Cool story, bro.
A police officer is not required to lay a charge in Ontario. A private citizen is capable of swearing an Information in front of a Justice of the Peace.
All i did is, called cops as soon it happened and they filed complaint in their cruiser computer along the roadside, I got a case number and I went home with broken window in -5C

Return to “General Comments”