Who will represent us?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Will you vote ACPA or ALPA in the upcoming merger?

ALPA
45%
ACPA
55%

Total votes: 65

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Who will represent us?

Post by Fanblade »

Puffpuffpass wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 pm You guys who think DOH is not an option are out to lunch....it is very much an option.......
It’s been repeatedly explained why DOH isn’t an option. Even in this thread. The AC seniority list is not DOH because of a previous merger. It can no longer be integrated with another group in that manor.
Puffpuffpass wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:01 pm
Also all TS crew or at least 90% are showing widebody, either Capt. or F/O. So that will come into play as well.....
That statement is very likely far more relevant. Likes with likes is a precedent. Group WB CA with WB CA. NB FO with NB FO.

The question in my mind is simply this. In terms of likes with likes, what is the matching group? Does a Transat 330CA match with a AC 330 CA? Or a Rouge 767 CA?

That is where the battle lines will probably get drawn in arbitration if it goes there. From experience, trying to predict what an arbitrator will do, a person who really won’t understand the impact of seniority, is a fools game.

Flipping a coin is just as predictable.

The best option is to sit down and figure it out ourselves. If we don’t, and everything comes off the rails? Look in the mirror to place blame.

But again, seniority integration and representation are two separate issues. This was supposed to be a thread on representation. Allowing the seniority question to cloud the representation question should be avoided.
---------- ADS -----------

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

The problem with likes and likes is that it’s comparing apples and oranges. 330CA is 5-6 yrs or so at AT, while it’s about 20yrs at AC. Hardly like to like.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Can’t compare the wage either.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

bcflyer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm The problem with likes and likes is that it’s comparing apples and oranges. 330CA is 5-6 yrs or so at AT, while it’s about 20yrs at AC. Hardly like to like.
That is why I wrote this.

The question in my mind is simply this. In terms of likes with likes, what is the matching group? Does a Transat 330CA match with a AC 330 CA? Or a Rouge 767 CA?

But again I wouldn't even try to guess how an arbitrator would view it as Transat also has 20plus year 330 CA. They also fly both the 330 and 321. If seperated 5-6 years is really to the left seat of a 321 which is comparable to AC.

He/she may view us as very very similar. Just match the real 330 positions at Transat with the 330 positions at AC. Match the real 321 positions at Transat with the NB at mainline.

It would be a huge mistake to under estimate just how similar an arbitrator may view the two groups

Wasn't this supposed to be about representation.

Last edited by Fanblade on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Hangry wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:51 pm Can’t compare the wage either.
Irrelevant to the question of integration. At least it was for the last merger.

Return to “Air Canada”