C Series lands at EGLC. Toronto Island loses out. Again.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: C Series lands at EGLC. Toronto Island loses out. Again.

Post by teacher »

I would like to see this but the development costs might put it out of reach unless foreign governments committed to the project ahead of time.

http://www.vanguardcanada.com/2016/01/2 ... ternative/
---------- ADS -----------

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

It seems a lack of interest has overcome this thread so I thought I'd throw this update into the thread.

Airbus has increased the range of the A220 to 3900 nm. CYTZ to EGLC should now be a reality along with other European destinations.
Hang in there Bob.

Many on Avcanada have trashed the C Series (especially when C Series orders were cancelled) while singing the praises of Embraer and MRJs.

Well...

"Trans States Holdings has canceled an order for up to 100 Mitsubishi SpaceJet aircraft, in the latest setback facing the Japanese manufacturer’s long-delayed regional jet program.

Mitsubishi Aircraft Corp. (MAC) announced Oct. 31 that Trans States Holdings—parent company of three US-based regional airlines—has terminated its contract for 50 firm orders of the SpaceJet M90, which included purchase options for 50 more. Mitsubishi said in a statement the decision was made because the larger M90 variant does not comply with union scope clauses, which limit regional aircraft to 76 seats and maximum takeoff weight to less than 39,000 kg. (86,000 lbs.)

While the 88-seat M90 does not comply with US regional carrier scope clauses, the 76-seat M100 does. MAC president Hisakazu Mizutani suggested in a statement that Trans States may consider replacing its canceled M90 order with an order for the M100, although he did not offer any details.

When the two companies signed the contract for the M90 in October 2009—back when the aircraft was branded as the MRJ70—they had expected that scope clause restrictions on the larger variant would eventually be loosened, a prediction that has so far failed to materialize.

“When we established our contract with [Trans States Holdings], the outlook on the regional market was very different. Scope clause has not relaxed as anticipated,” Mizutani said. “We have since shifted our strategy to be responsive to the market realities in the US, in partnership with our airline customers.”

Trans States’ termination of the contract leaves Utah-based regional carrier SkyWest Airlines as the only US-based airline with an outstanding order for the M90. Arizona-based Mesa Airlines, meanwhile, placed an order for 50 M100 aircraft, with purchase options for 50 more, at the Regional Airlines Association annual conference in early October, becoming the only carrier to date to place an order for the smaller SpaceJet variant.

Trans States Holdings is the parent company of Trans States Airlines, Compass Airlines and GoJet Airlines. The parent company did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

-Air Transport World

Gino

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

What’s your point? The M90 order wasn’t cancelled because it was a bad airplane, it’s because the US pilot unions won’t buckle on scope. The A220 won’t fit their scope clauses either. The New E175 won’t fly for US regionals either as it is too heavy to meet the standard scope clauses.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Obviously you’ve missed the point.
Cancelled because “union scope clauses didn’t change as anticipated”. And they aren’t gonna.

At no point did I say the MRJ or E90 were bad aeroplanes that the regionals don’t want. Many regionals would love to have the A220. But, many here did say the C Series was an aeroplane that no airline wanted. Well, HA!

People here said in essence the C Series was shite and nobody wanted it as evidenced by the lack of C Series sales at the time (currently standing at over 550 sales). They even said Air Canada was forced to buy the C Series due to politics. Never mind whether it will or won’t fly off the island.
(that remains to be seen)

I’ve said all along Embraer and Mitsubishi were beyond scope. The A220 was never marketed to replace RJs at regionals. It was designed to kill regionals. Mitsubishi just acknowledged the scope reality. Their MRJ is out of scope (because the mainline pilots will never cave on it). The Delta pilots already know the A220 suits every regional sector on the Delta network and Air Canada soon will as well.

Gino

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

How many more years until we see a runway extension and the C series hopping in and out of YTZ? Money talks and it’s surely inevitable. Hopefully they’ll knock down those smoke stacks at some point.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Imagine if Porter got rid of some noisy Q400s and replaced them with reduced frequency on A220s? Somethingike a 3 for 2 ratio. The waterfront area would be much quieter.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

When a Q400 selects beta on landing at the Island you can hear it in Mississauga. The difference is it's a low pitch sound which is less irritating than a jet screeching.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Gino Under wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:18 pm
They even said Air Canada was forced to buy the C Series due to politics. Never mind whether it will or won’t fly off the island.
(that remains to be seen)
It’s not a secret that a large reason for the CSeries purchase was to get Quebec to drop the Aveos lawsuit, Mike Rosseau has said as much publicly. It’s well documented.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/que ... ouncement/

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

goingnowherefast wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:23 am Imagine if Porter got rid of some noisy Q400s and replaced them with reduced frequency on A220s? Somethingike a 3 for 2 ratio. The waterfront area would be much quieter.
The number of movements wouldn't change, they would just open the slots to other routes or airlines.

Art Garfunkel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Art Garfunkel »

I am all for commercial air service at the Island, but I think the “seats” it can serve is pretty close to the max for its infrastructure. Adding larger airplanes would require less flights as it is already a gong show on the land side of the operation. Not enough space right now for taxi service and passenger drop offs, and to get more space you would need to close a park dedicated to the Norwegian Airmen of WW2 and an elementary school/community center. I don’t see either closing. I think the current traffic is pretty much it.

IMHO
Art

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

mixturerich wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:46 pm How many more years until we see a runway extension and the C series hopping in and out of YTZ? Money talks and it’s surely inevitable. Hopefully they’ll knock down those smoke stacks at some point.
Amen! Such a nuisance.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Jets fly out of Pearson. The UP has cemented that. You will NEVER see the 220 at the island. This is Canada. Progress not allowed.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Mommy, what’s a C-series?

FishermanIvan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FishermanIvan »

goingnowherefast wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:23 am Imagine if Porter got rid of some noisy Q400s and replaced them with reduced frequency on A220s? Somethingike a 3 for 2 ratio. The waterfront area would be much quieter.
There’s a Falcon 20 that comes in here all the time. You barely know it’s here.

And then Metros and MU-2s come in here and it’s the loudest fucking thing ever, and that’s okay with everyone.

PlanePaully
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PlanePaully »

FishermanIvan wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:22 am
There’s a Falcon 20 that comes in here all the time. You barely know it’s here.

And then Metros and MU-2s come in here and it’s the loudest fucking thing ever, and that’s okay with everyone.
HAHA! When they fire up the MU2 it sounds like someone is vacuuming the ramp with the biggest, most-ridiculous vacuum-cleaner ever!!

OraliaAssus
Rank 0
Rank 0

C Series lands at EGLC Toronto Island loses out Again

Post by OraliaAssus »

Hey guys,
No idea where I should actually post this so dont kill me if its in the wrong spot. This is more of a question than anything. I am going to try and get some RX7 series 2,3 tail light lens covers remade because the ones I have are totally trash worthy. I also have found that I cant actually find any decent ones anywhere without paying close to 350. So I thought I would attempt get some made. If that doesnt work out make them myself. I have contact a few places around but I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some? If i can find someone who can make them for me for a decent price.

Attachments
252.gif
252.gif (3.45 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: C Series lands at EGLC Toronto Island loses out Again

Post by mbav8r »

OraliaAssus wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 pm Hey guys,
No idea where I should actually post this so dont kill me if its in the wrong spot. This is more of a question than anything. I am going to try and get some RX7 series 2,3 tail light lens covers remade because the ones I have are totally trash worthy. I also have found that I cant actually find any decent ones anywhere without paying close to 350. So I thought I would attempt get some made. If that doesnt work out make them myself. I have contact a few places around but I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some? If i can find someone who can make them for me for a decent price.
So many comments in my mind, where to start....
I don’t have an RX7, but maybe someday I’ll come across one for a good price, could be handy to have a pair of lens covers:)-

plausiblyannonymous
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by plausiblyannonymous »

Ah, there's nothing better than the god-aweful sound of a Q400 in disc... actually, the MU2 might edge it out.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”