Swoop

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Roughrider748
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Swoop

Post by Roughrider748 »

flyinhigh wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:58 am 1) I'm living in the world i've worked in for 20 years. I've seen amazing operators and the slimiest.

2) MMM, if you read my other posts you'd also know that I am not a Q4 Captain as I left that role for a right seat early in the year. 1/3 of my total time is right seat and have no issues sitting in it.

3) Since the day Swoop was dreamt up, I have shit on them and will continue to do so until it has taken its place in history just like Jetsgo (They folded in 2005 after having crappy management incase you haven't heard of them). I have ZERO respect for the Company Swoop or the management that dreamt up the shithole it is. Every single crewing issue they have is because management will not listen to the pilots (ALPA) on how it should have been.

3) I also know people there, most are good quality folks. The purpose of the topic is why people will go there? I have shit on them, so maybe someone that works their can chime in a say "Oh I actually don't work 20 days a month, I'm averaging 14", "Yes, I make $103 hr as first year cant, buy my perdiems bump me up", etc.

4) Also, I have not once had a single argument with any SWOOPSTER or personally attacked them. I have however told the management to their faces why Swoop is such a pile of horse shit (I'll provide names if you'd like, but it won't be on a public forum).

alkaseltzer wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:58 am What world are you living in? Every operator has their growing pains. I don't work for them, but don't s**t on them. You sound like a complete moron - there I said it.

Do you really think you being a Q400 captain is the differentiator these days? Do you think you'll have a leg up on people who have jet time, and overseas experience coming back? If you wanted to say screw it to Westjet, have you ever thought about how you'd differentiate yourself from a Porter/Jazz Q400 captain? If you feel great as a turboprop captain, so be it. But don't s""t on the bastard child of a company that no one wanted to be apart of initially. People there are making a living, and some actually like it.

I have friends there that are top notch pilots; schedule and short commute works for them. Of course, I also know very weak pilots there too, but every airline has their black sheep.

I have read your other posts, and all you've done is s""t on Swoop. I get that you have left-seat-itis but time to leave the swoopsters alone.
Pm me. Would love to chat
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Great table plausibly, the hat is the real tie breaker there.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

co-joe wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 am Great table plausibly, the hat is the real tie breaker there.
I thought they were soon getting hats?

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

That table needs expansion.

How many AC mainline guys are going to WJ right now? How many WJ mainline guys are going to AC?

In WJ, you’re going to be YYZ right seat for most of a decade. Staying Encore or going Swoop is your only shot in house at the left seat for the foreseeable future.

At least AC you can upgrade fast to make a YYZ base/commute more bearable, or bid widebody RP and live the life in Lotusland doing a few trips a month.

Canadianjetpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Canadianjetpilot »

The only thing that was a plus at WJ over AC was no reserve. That is now gone.

All other elements of compensation are effectively equal to or better at AC

Career progression and options are better at AC.

Career earnings will be higher at AC

About the only reason to fly at WJ is if you dont want to wear a hat.

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

Training inside the block, 4.5hrs per training day.
Socialized bidding.
Just a few i could think of.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

moe wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:03 am Training inside the block, 4.5hrs per training day.
Socialized bidding.
Just a few i could think of.
Are those reasons Encore is better than Jazz???
I’m going to assume Jazz also has 2/3 of those also.

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

No thats WJ mainline

Return to “WestJet”