Jazz to launch pay for type rating program

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Jazz to launch pay for type rating program

Post by rxl »

Braun wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:33 pm Honest question, are there any good very low hour pilots or do you feel that you are always « babysitting »?
I have flown with many low timers over the last couple of years, and with very few exceptions they are very good at their jobs.
I do not feel at all like a baby sitter.
---------- ADS -----------

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Free PICUS is a bit is a bit of a hard sell for me. Allows Jazz to continue hiring non-ATPL candidates. If they were forced to hire ATPL pilots, pay might go up for everybody.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

goingnowherefast wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:28 pm Free PICUS is a bit is a bit of a hard sell for me. Allows Jazz to continue hiring non-ATPL candidates. If they were forced to hire ATPL pilots, pay might go up for everybody.
I’m not sure what the difference is for an LTC doing line indoc vs. PICUS ... should be the same pay.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

rxl wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:45 pm
goingnowherefast wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:28 pm Free PICUS is a bit is a bit of a hard sell for me. Allows Jazz to continue hiring non-ATPL candidates. If they were forced to hire ATPL pilots, pay might go up for everybody.
I’m not sure what the difference is for an LTC doing line indoc vs. PICUS ... should be the same pay.
Because PICUS you could have a 1+ year FO who knows what theyre doing vs a guy who has no clue?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I don’t think there will be any non LTC captains signing up to do free PICUS.

Let’s Go Brandon
Captain Kirkk
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Captain Kirkk »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:07 pm I don’t think there will be any non LTC captains signing up to do free PICUS.
Captain Kirk will!

In all seriousness though, they’ll have more than enough guys volunteer. People want to help the young ones exit this dump

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

Captain Kirkk wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:17 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:07 pm I don’t think there will be any non LTC captains signing up to do free PICUS.
Captain Kirk will!

In all seriousness though, they’ll have more than enough guys volunteer. People want to help the young ones exit this dump
Dump? Seriously? If you think it is that bad then please just leave. We don't need people like you around here.

ACboi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ACboi »

47north wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:07 am
Captain Kirk will!

Dump? Seriously? If you think it is that bad then please just leave. We don't need people like you around here.
Seriously? He/she can't voice his/her own freedom of expression? We don't need people like you around here.

Mr. re
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mr. re »

Captain Kirk will!

1+

Lol, frickin dump. Get outta here boys, save yourselves.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Mr. re wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:13 pm

Captain Kirk will!

1+

Capt Kirk,
We all know who you are, the same guy that posted a highly embarrassing(for you no less) YouTube video about(amount others)how much money you were making as a Captain at Jazz. Now all of sudden it’s a dump? WTF is your deal man?

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

hithere wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:09 pm
Mr. re wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:13 pm

1+

Capt Kirk,
We all know who you are, the same guy that posted a highly embarrassing(for you no less) YouTube video about(amount others)how much money you were making as a Captain at Jazz. Now all of sudden it’s a dump? WTF is your deal man?

You clearly don't realize that there are 2 posters with similar names. Kirkk and Kirk. Kirk is the Jazz guy, Kirkk is a guy intentionally trying to get guys like yourself worked up.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Of course it’s entirely possible they are the same person with two different handles. It’s happened before

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Captain Kirkk

Just curious when you worked at Jazz?

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

Word around Jazz is that captianKirk (the mentor guy and youtube one) is going to mainline AC.It makes sense, considering that he's removed his "regional pilot pay" video. I wonder if he's gonna be financially better off, at approximately 50% less than what he was making at Jazz...good luck. Can't wait for your new batch of videos.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

genetic jack hammer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:29 am Word around Jazz is that captianKirk (the mentor guy and youtube one) is going to mainline AC.It makes sense, considering that he's removed his "regional pilot pay" video. I wonder if he's gonna be financially better off, at approximately 50% less than what he was making at Jazz...good luck. Can't wait for your new batch of videos.
If his AC training goes as well as his RJ upgrade he might be out of a job

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Oxi wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:42 am
genetic jack hammer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:29 am Word around Jazz is that captianKirk (the mentor guy and youtube one) is going to mainline AC.It makes sense, considering that he's removed his "regional pilot pay" video. I wonder if he's gonna be financially better off, at approximately 50% less than what he was making at Jazz...good luck. Can't wait for your new batch of videos.
If his AC training goes as well as his RJ upgrade he might be out of a job
Imagine being paired with the MENTOR on your initial sim...

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

Oh great.

Is he going to try to mentor people in the flight deck?

I thought the 10% would work!

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

Link to the channel?

navajo_jay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by navajo_jay »

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

speedah wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm Oh great.

Is he going to try to mentor people in the flight deck?

I thought the 10% would work!
Based on looking at the new hire bios from time to time and seeing some faces I hoped I'd never see again, the %10 certainly isn't working. In fact it's somehow working backwards as some of the best FOs I worked with there who are nice people and good pilots are being PFOd or told to reinterview.

Return to “General Comments”