Swoop ?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Swoop ?

Post by goingnowherefast »

Haha, I don't fly a CRJ, or even a jet at all. Jets are for hot tubs :goodman:
---------- ADS -----------

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:51 pm Your comparing a regional E175 to a 737-800?

It's about half the size.
I’m comparing an E175 to E190.

The E175 operated by Sky Regional.

The E190 operated by Air Canada.

What is the difference in salary between the two?

And if you justify it because one jet it slightly smaller than the other jet of the same basic design, should WJ pilots who have routes on with the 736 get paid less?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

The Sky Regional 175 pilots should get paid the same as the mainline 190 pilots. They used to when the 175s were at mainline.

I don't get people in this thread. We should be looking at reasons to bring pay up to the industry leaders and raising it for everybody. We don't need excuses to work for less. CEOs are already doing a fantastic job at that.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

C.W.E. wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:51 pm It is called supply and demand.

Obviously someone is willing to work for what they pay so the problem lies with pilots not companies.
Corporate sold the airplane boys, just trying to keep the doors open

FlyingMonkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FlyingMonkey »

simplicity wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:49 pm You're not going to get any love here. Go get a job at an airline that isn't degrading our industry.
Comments like this show how self righteous and hypocritical pilots can be. You are going to judge someone for putting food on the table for themselves or their family? You don’t know the story or circumstance of the people that work their.

What have you done to better the conditions in this industry? What jobs have you passed up out of principle? Probably none just like everyone else who points their finger at someone who is simply taking an opportunity that is better than the current one they are in.

Let me ask you this. If you were lets say working for Air Georgian and flying an RJ making 68k a year in the left seat and you were PFO’d from AC. Swoop offers you 100k to fly a 37 for a company backed by a much larger successful airline (WJ), you wouldn’t take it out of principal?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Both companies - GGN and Swoop are degrading to our industry. At least GGN won’t be around much longer (hopefully). Swoop is doing WJ pilots work for 1/2 the pay. Similar to how GGN and Skyregional undercut the Jazz pilots.

Let’s Go Brandon
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

And how the Jazz pilots flew for less than the Skyservice pilots...everyone is to blame unfortunately

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

I almost got fired for asking for a raise in 2012.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Holy Fack. It’s called STATUS pay. Go learn about it. It’s been 8 years get over it.
JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 am And how the Jazz pilots flew for less than the Skyservice pilots...everyone is to blame unfortunately

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Geez I’m sorry. Maybe I was wrong but I thought the 757 pilots were making less than the Skyservice pilots they undercut?

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 pm Geez I’m sorry. Maybe I was wrong but I thought the 757 pilots were making less than the Skyservice pilots they undercut?
The same equivalent pay of what a Sky service 757 pilot made was injected into the Jazz contract, but spread over all types and everyone got a raise. It's not like it cost any less to put the planes at Jazz.

Now that the 757 long gone.. the pay is actually still there. One of the reasons Jazz has the highest paid dash8 and Q pilots out there. If you factor the top scale which is how that works....

TSAM
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TSAM »

Last edited by TSAM on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

TSAM wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:48 pm
losercruiser wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:04 pm
JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:34 pm Geez I’m sorry. Maybe I was wrong but I thought the 757 pilots were making less than the Skyservice pilots they undercut?
The same equivalent pay of what a Sky service 757 pilot made was injected into the Jazz contract, but spread over all types and everyone got a raise. It's not like it cost any less to put the planes at Jazz.

Now that the 757 long gone.. the pay is actually still there. One of the reasons Jazz has the highest paid dash8 and Q pilots out there. If you factor the top scale which is how that works....
I'm pretty sure there are better paid Q drivers in AUS and US.
Aus yes, USA... where? Horizon? They top out at $120/hr. Jazz tops out at $133. At the end of the new contract with the %2 compounding and the extra step added it will be something like $185/hr. You can't compare with exchange rates. Much of everything you buy here costs similar dollar for dollar in the states.

Australia is not really a fair example, as you can trace back much of their world leading pay rates to an illegal strike in 1989.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

You can't compare with exchange rates. Much of everything you buy here costs similar dollar for dollar in the states.
^ This is pure fantasy, as is the comment that Jazz has the highest paid Dash 8 pilots

Return to “Employment Forum”