Full Time Ground School?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Tinanbran
Rank 0
Rank 0

Full Time Ground School?

Post by Tinanbran »

Does anyone know of a full time or fast track ground school. I have completed my PPL flight and I need to finish ground school and have been doing Harvs but find that I am a better class student then online. I would much rather put my head down for a week in class. Does anyone know of anything like that in and around the GTA?
---------- ADS -----------

kaoandy1125
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Full Time Ground School?

Post by kaoandy1125 »

You can totally do that with Harv's... at least thats what I did for my CPL ground school.
Just read the slides don't bother with the videos, it took me 12 days from 0 to 92% on CPL written, all Harv's slides

Tinanbran
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tinanbran »

Thanks, yeah I am doing that I have just found myself stuck on advance meteorology and now feel like I am regressing.... Just can't seem to get past it

SIMSEK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SIMSEK »

I did with Harv's too. If you really want to learn how systems work, I know they are long but highly recommend you to watch all videos. If you just want to pass the CPL written exam, then go through slides and quizes. It takes time but helps a lot.

KissPlusOne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KissPlusOne »

Kinda hard to fast track what is intended to take 40 hours.

Stick with the online ground school. You can blast through it all in less than 3 weeks if you're devoted. Or if you have crappy weather and can't go flying anyways. Or if you have no friends (like me :) )

Tinanbran
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tinanbran »

Thanks guys, yes it's for PPL as final goal. Just struggling with meteorology and just when I think I have it I go to a question and it stumbles me up and I doubt everything

SIMSEK
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SIMSEK »

If you have any question about Navigation section, you are more than welcome to ask me. I think because I am newbie here you cannot send me a PM but you can email me if you want. I was a PPL student in past and I can feel you.

Email: ulassimsek@gmx.ch

flysky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flysky »

SIMSEK wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 pm I did with Harv's too. If you really want to learn how systems work, I know they are long but highly recommend you to watch all videos. If you just want to pass the CPL written exam, then go through slides and quizes. It takes time but helps a lot.
I second this. I am using Harv's videos for a refresher and I must say the videos are quite detailed. I mean, you can just go over the slides, but the instructor explains things a lot more during the videos that goes beyond the details of the slides, including white boarding.

Return to “Flight Training”