The Air Canada OTS thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

your flight time ?

500+ PIC JET
4%
500+ PIC JET 2 CREW
10%
500+ PIC TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
1000+ F/O JET/TURBOPROP 2 CREW
17%
Total Time 1500/2000
5%
2000/3000
11%
3000/ More
37%

Total votes: 969

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: The Air Canada OTS thread

Post by ant_321 »

TSAM wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:37 am Talk about throwing birds at glass houses.TM Would be nice if some embarrassing or stupid thing most of you have here was made publicly aware just so you also can be chastised for months on end.
  • 1 Regardless of the unintelligent videos, there are worse out there.
  • 2 He removed said videos.
  • 3 This has been ongoing for many months now, give it up, find another horse to beat off to death.TM
  • 4 Proof that once again, there is no unity just toxicity amongst pilots
If you put those quotes on t-shirts I will buy them.
---------- ADS -----------

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Anyone know when the next round of calls could be going out?

If they called for the Feb 17th class already before Christmas should we expect some silence for a while while they catch up?

T

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Transition9er2 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm Anyone know when the next round of calls could be going out?

If they called for the Feb 17th class already before Christmas should we expect some silence for a while while they catch up?

T

Majority of the calls that went out over the holidays was for jazz. Candidates were sent an email asking for availability for the phone call and then were told their status on that phone call.

Not sure if this happened with the OTS.

Last edited by iflyroads on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
bob99
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bob99 »

They're still calling OTS guys for January.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I'm in a tough situation. Been waiting for AC to respond back from my interview for 5 months and recently got another offer better than my current job at Express. If I got accepted at AC I would still go there over the other offer but I also want to be honest to the other company.

Does anyone have experience with telling AC HR that I have another offer or would that just piss them off and more likely lead to a pfo? I tried emailing asking for my application status but got the response that my file is still pending.

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:04 am I'm in a tough situation. Been waiting for AC to respond back from my interview for 5 months and recently got another offer better than my current job at Express. If I got accepted at AC I would still go there over the other offer but I also want to be honest to the other company.

Does anyone have experience with telling AC HR that I have another offer or would that just piss them off and more likely lead to a pfo? I tried emailing asking for my application status but got the response that my file is still pending.
How bad do you want to go to AC? If that's what you really want, then you should just wait until you hear back from them. They will not like that you tell them you have another offer and need to decide, nor like if you leave your current Express employer.

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by CanadianEh »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:04 am I'm in a tough situation. Been waiting for AC to respond back from my interview for 5 months and recently got another offer better than my current job at Express. If I got accepted at AC I would still go there over the other offer but I also want to be honest to the other company.

The best option is to defer your offer if you want to wait and see what AC says

Ash Ketchum
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Thanks for the advice. I will defer the other offer or worst case just let it fall through. Aviation is an interesting industry. In my previous field of work it wasn't frowned upon to contact HR and speed up the process if another company extended an offer.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

class of 36 started jan 6th.

26 express
10 OTS

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Very competitive OTS field. Military, Cathay, ANA, ME, Westjet, Sunwing...

Some deep backgrounds in a few of the Express new hires too, but also lots with 2.5 years at Jazz as their only job. I hope those newbs "literally have goosebumps and tears of joy." Jeezus...

98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 98 Corolla »

It's scary to think your A320 Captain could have graduated flight college 4 years ago. But that is going to happen in a few cases.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

98 Corolla wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:56 am It's scary to think your A320 Captain could have graduated flight college 4 years ago. But that is going to happen in a few cases.
I have full faith in pretty much anyone that passes the upgrade. There is no doubt that if they can't handle it, they won't pass.

The head of flight ops has said that if you can't handle it, don't bid it. AC isn't afraid to wash guys out of their left seat and that has large career implications as well, the loss of course right and eventually you are unupgradable if you fail again down the road.

But lots of guys are coming with the background to do it too, as I said just on this course I think I read 737, 767, 747, 777, 310, 380. Plus the pile of other Jazz/Sky/Ggn guys with a past deeper than Seneca class of '16...

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CaptainKirk »

Last edited by CaptainKirk on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

:lol:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

If you can't laugh at yourself... at least you'll have your tears of joy!

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:58 am Very competitive OTS field. Military, Cathay, ANA, ME, Westjet, Sunwing...

Some deep backgrounds in a few of the Express new hires too, but also lots with 2.5 years at Jazz as their only job. I hope those newbs "literally have goosebumps and tears of joy." Jeezus...
TeArS Of JoYyYyY.

... im still floored

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Tears of joy and thank you.... aghhh

Kingair200
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kingair200 »

how long does it take if they wanna pfo u?

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Anywhere from 1 week to 4 months

skyhighh
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by skyhighh »

FL-280 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:59 pm Anywhere from 1 week to 4 months
They don't pfo you after 4 months? Lots of guys and girls (?) waiting since mid summer with no news other than "be patient, we will let you know once we make a decision". Seems to me that some might be PFOed after 4 months.

Return to “Air Canada”