New Pilot

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyindutchman1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

New Pilot

Post by flyindutchman1996 »

Hey everyone,
I’m currently working on my instrument rating and will be getting my Multi and Multi IFR afterwards. Hoping to be done by April! Was just wondering how early is to early to start sending out resumes?
Anything helps!
Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Vsquared
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: New Pilot

Post by Vsquared »

I was told to start applying the day I got my CPL signed off, so thats what I did. People had told me things move fast in the industry and if you aren't available immediately your resume will likely get chucked.
Took about a month to get my first offer. Another offer a month later. And finally accepted a job 4 or so months after finishing.

valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: New Pilot

Post by valleyboy »

Most companies don't consider candidates that aren't qualified to fill the position at the time of applying. These resumes usually go straight to trash. On a positive note it's good practice to tune your CV presentation.

As a foot note companies that hire through chief pilot or other operational people is a lot different than companies who hire using the HR (human remains) department. HR will maintain your CV and you can update as you progress the other companies are usually only looking as needed.

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca

Return to “General Comments”