Jazz to launch pay for type rating program

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Jazz to launch pay for type rating program

Post by Oxi »

losercruiser wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:38 pm
speedah wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm Oh great.

Is he going to try to mentor people in the flight deck?

I thought the 10% would work!
Based on looking at the new hire bios from time to time and seeing some faces I hoped I'd never see again, the %10 certainly isn't working. In fact it's somehow working backwards as some of the best FOs I worked with there who are nice people and good pilots are being PFOd or told to reinterview.
This has been happening since the PML and now some of these folks are going through ITC at AC
---------- ADS -----------

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

Just goes to show you how arbitrary the selection process is. There's a number who shouldn't be here but one individual in specific, I am absolutely shocked was hired. Based on their Jazz training record it should have been an auto PFO.

Either they lied in their interview, or multiple failed rides and upgrades don't actually matter. But I guess it helps when you fill a "type."

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

losercruiser wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:29 pm Just goes to show you how arbitrary the selection process is. There's a number who shouldn't be here but one individual in specific, I am absolutely shocked was hired. Based on their Jazz training record it should have been an auto PFO.

Either they lied in their interview, or multiple failed rides and upgrades don't actually matter. But I guess it helps when you fill a "type."
I doubt she will make it through training... Hopefully...

TSAM
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TSAM »

Last edited by TSAM on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:00 am
losercruiser wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:29 pm Just goes to show you how arbitrary the selection process is. There's a number who shouldn't be here but one individual in specific, I am absolutely shocked was hired. Based on their Jazz training record it should have been an auto PFO.

Or she’ll get paired with a strong pilot who’ll carry her ass through the initial, maybe with only 1-2 extra sessions and a strong worded debrief and then Indoc capts will carry her ass and then after a failed LC, get more Indoc and someone will pass her with ‘a strong debrief’ and then every capt will have to carry her ass around for god knows how long until rinse and repeat for the upgrade course. And of course, during the whole process, it’ll be everyone’s fault but her.
It’s so tiresome...

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

All the while dozens of friends who are superior aviators in every way are still sitting at Jazz, Encore and SW just hoping and waiting for an interview. Don't remind me. I swear if I ever have to fly with her again I'm going to lose my mind.

Or just book off.

I don't know how they manage to do it, but Jazz is really good at getting rid of their black sheep. They did it in PML 1.0 and they're doing it again now. AC HR needs to be more vigilant and save that %10 for people like this. And stop looking past big red flags just because they fit into the diversity hire catagory.

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

Speedah can't pm you.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

daedalusx wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:51 am

Or she’ll get paired with a strong pilot who’ll carry her ass through the initial, maybe with only 1-2 extra sessions and a strong worded debrief and then Indoc capts will carry her ass and then after a failed LC, get more Indoc and someone will pass her with ‘a strong debrief’ and then every capt will have to carry her ass around for god knows how long until rinse and repeat for the upgrade course. And of course, during the whole process, it’ll be everyone’s fault but her.
It’s so tiresome...
She’s done that for every single ride she’s ever had either at Jazz or PAL... it’s never her fault, there’s always something else to blame. 5000+ hours of practice in passing the buck (allegedly) will get you that.

I will say that I have high hopes that the AC training will be fair and wash her out if she doesn’t make the cut, there’s been candidates much stronger than her let go in the last year for being unable to complete training.

losercruiser
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by losercruiser »

Good.

It will open up a seat for someone that deserves it.

I can't believe she has 5000 hours. Goes to show an ATPL and hours in the logbook mean nothing.

CB40
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CB40 »

Hello guys,

Reading the conversation about this program was very enlightening. I think both sides have very valid points. I have to admit that the scheme does look tempting, albeit a bit pricey.

I was just wondering if anyone was already hired through this program and what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

FenderManDan
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FenderManDan »

If that individual fails, what then. Can she reaply? She could be feeding some people at home. Who knows.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Keeping the operation safe should be more important than diversity or if the individual needs to feed people at home. From what I’m seeing this individual has already had MANY additional sim sessions, a change in sim partners, and no end of training in sight.

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

FenderManDan wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:18 pm

If that individual fails, what then. Can she reaply? She could be feeding some people at home. Who knows.
Reapply where ? Jazz ?

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

And who dresses that poorly for their first day at AC anyways? Jeeeez

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

FL-280 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 am And who dresses that poorly for their first day at AC anyways? Jeeeez
She failed out of training I believe

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

I hope one day people at AC will whine about me, since it means I actually got in

Onesie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Onesie »

Umm no one cares about you Vermont

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

Onesie wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 pm Umm no one cares about you Vermont
lmao 3 posts on this site and 2 are about me!

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

FL-280 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 am And who dresses that poorly for their first day at AC anyways? Jeeeez
I heard someone showed up in flip flops. Maybe it's the same person, I don't know.

98 Corolla
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 98 Corolla »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:30 am I heard someone showed up in flip flops. Maybe it's the same person, I don't know.
That was a different person. It happened a year or two ago. The company asked her(?) to start wearing more professional clothes to class and they wouldn't so they were let go.

Return to “General Comments”