urgent: Sault college or Confederation

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Jetking
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: urgent: Sault college or Confederation

Post by Jetking »

flyingjerry wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:49 pm I can't comment on either but I do know that I went to one of the high volume traditional flight schools and cornwall for the M/IFR and it was less than a year from my first flight lesson to having a job on a twin turbine aircraft. From what I know the remainder of the class that doesn't get chosen by the airlines end up in the same position needing to build time as everyone else.

If you smash out all your ratings in 8-10 months at a traditional flight school then timebuild for 2 years in the right seat of some light twin you will have 1000 hours by the time you would hopefully be graduating from Sault.

Just an idea.
That’s actually not a bad idea at all! Thanks for sharing!
How long ago and where did you do your training?
Were you just lucky to land a job or you already knew someone working for the company?
---------- ADS -----------

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: urgent: Sault college or Confederation

Post by derateNO »

Jetking wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:50 pm
flyingjerry wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:49 pm I can't comment on either but I do know that I went to one of the high volume traditional flight schools and cornwall for the M/IFR and it was less than a year from my first flight lesson to having a job on a twin turbine aircraft. From what I know the remainder of the class that doesn't get chosen by the airlines end up in the same position needing to build time as everyone else.

If you smash out all your ratings in 8-10 months at a traditional flight school then timebuild for 2 years in the right seat of some light twin you will have 1000 hours by the time you would hopefully be graduating from Sault.

Just an idea.
That’s actually not a bad idea at all! Thanks for sharing!
How long ago and where did you do your training?
Were you just lucky to land a job or you already knew someone working for the company?
That's what I did as well.

Lots of jobs out there if you aren't an idiot and can shake hands well. No reason to work ramp anymore either.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”