Coworker Friction

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Major Bedhead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Coworker Friction

Post by Major Bedhead »

Lets say that you work for a company who operates a PA31 and PA34 for charter work, but uses the PA34 for multi IFR training.

You're an instructor with the most time on type on the PA34 and most seniority with the company patiently waiting your turn to fly the PA31 which after a year of being promised arrives.

Two instructors junior to you whom you've given the multi ifr training to offer to pay the boss for a block of 20 hours on the Navajo. One winds up washing the bosses car and the other does free work on the bosses house.

Monday morning you're called into the bosses office to be told that you'll be number three on the list to fly charters on the navajo with the chief pilot.

Plus you'll pay for your training ... ie. PPC ... salary afterwards is $45 per charter right seat regardless of day length, but if it passes seven hours dinner will be paid.

What would you do and more importantly what would you say to the fellows you trained who took the job and will wind up sitting next to?

I'm interested, and like a letter to playboy, it isn't me, but someone close.

P
---------- ADS -----------

Medium Pimpin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Bunny Squad

Post by Medium Pimpin »

Basically you get "your close friend" and a couple of other guys to go rent big pink fluffly bunny suits. Then its off to CDN Tire for a couple of bats. Next you track the guys down while they're shaving the boss's coin purse and you start to beat the s**t out of them. To top it all off you splash a little Capt Ron aftershave on them. What are they going to tell the cops? 3 big pink bunny rabbits beat me up? The cop's will laugh and say ya right rummy lets go to the drunk tank....
Simple, Effective, and Rewarding

That should teach them to undermine and degrade what was a perfectly respectable profession.

Snowgoose
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Snowgoose »

I'm with the pimp, but I and your "friend" probably don't like jail either. So tell him to quit. That'll hit the boss in the pocket book, because he'll have to train another pa34 pilot. As well he'll have 2 clowns flying his Navajo. Since they are such low lifes and with the way the industry is moving they'll be gone soon too. So then he'll have to train 3 more pilots. With any luck the next batch that go to see him will tell him to stuff it when he asks for dough up front.

It's better to break ground and head into the wind than to break wind and head into the ground.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Yup. Tell him to stuff his dirty old 'hoe!

the original tony
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the original tony »

:smt075
i do agree with the pimp, except they didn't fill you in on getting your license plate changed. get it personalized. "I FORGOT"
that way when the cops asked what was the lic plate number.......
it just seals the deal to the drunk tank.
i personally wouldn't quit until i had something in my back pocket.
the assholes can get by easily as you see, it's the good guys/gals that need to work hard, just for the oppurtunity to take it sideways.
make it clear to your nice boss that this is unacceptable, and how you feel about the whole situation. it isn't going to do a lot of good, but it may make you feel better, and it might help your job end a lot faster, if quitting was your friends option out.
if not, just bag as much multi time as possible while instructing, find another outfit and give him the same medicine he gave you.
things are moving fast enough that paying to fly a ho isn't going to be in style for long. just enjoy watching the other jerks piss away their money and save yours.
hope it works out for you, or whoever....

cheers

ice ice baby
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ice ice baby »

I think you should volunteer to wash the bosses car.........with a sandblaster

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

ice ice baby wrote:I think you should volunteer to wash the bosses car.........with a sandblaster

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

The bunny suit was a cute but illegal idea and if you get caught, well !!!!
The best is to find another job and be VERY VERY creative about how and when you quit.
Be perfectly legal.
Snag the shit out of the Pa34.
Snag the shit out of every airplane you even get close to.
Wait till you have to fly with the companies best customer and when everone is settled in their seat, quit.
Splash mud on the bosses car.
Diddle the other pilots girlfreind.
If that is not to your liking, start the rumor that you diddled the girlfriends.
Post on the bulletin board that the jobs are there for the taking and inflate the wages.
Make sure they all remember your leaving.
But above all, do not be dishonest, destructive or in any other way bring discredit to yourself. They will remember you.
Cheers.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Major Bedhead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Major Bedhead »

Damn ... you guys owe me a new keyboard !!

medby
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by medby »

Last edited by medby on Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by bizjet_mania »

personally id go streaking before a major charter is about to depart.... but thats just me.... say who wants to go streaking! i cant believe they have websites and organize group streakings.

planett
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by planett »

$45 per charter and pay for training? Imagine how much charter work one would need to do before one makes the money back spent on training. Those days on charters undoubtedly would be less lucrative than the normal work. This proposal is not economically feasible. I don't see how the money would ever be made back being #3 on the list, it's just not worth it if multi time is already being accumulated, actually, it's not worth it at all. Insulting is what comes to mind, now $450 per charter might make a difference.

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

Doc wrote:Yup. Tell him to stuff his dirty old 'hoe!
I've seen a few of those on Simpson st. here, but I don't think that's what we're talking about..

I'd tell him to stuff the 'ho where the sun don't shine....

abc xyz
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by abc xyz »

what oldtimer said. he has no loyalty towards you so act in kind. its a two way thing

this type of crap happens all the time - time to wake up boys and girls your professionals act like it.

springjob
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by springjob »

45 per charter?

Well than it will take around 100 charters to get the training money back. Within a hundred charter you would have accumulated around....400 hours on the plane. So you would find something else before you finished to get your money back. In another word it is a perfect deal for the boss! The more people going through the better it is...so I think it is better for him if you quit!
He can sell some training to somebody else...
if I were you I would look for something else.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

What really gets me is that jackass owner/boss's think that they can get away with this shit, even though the industry has picked up like no tomorrow.
Its time for operators to wake up and realize that if they want guys to stick around they are the ones that are going to have to bend over now.

tumbleweed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tumbleweed »

Old timer is a little vendictive. Becareful issuing that final shot. Remember when you are applying down the road somebody may ask you why that company might not give you a good refference. I know you got screwed and getting even might feel good, but a few years down the road and you are at company b looking to move on. Your future employer might ask for comanpy a's number. Something to think about. Old timers post sounds the most pleasing but if a future employer gets an idea that you might be a trouble maker they may opt for someone else.

I suggest smile and nod and take it as a sign they don't want you there. Get the resume out and then give two weeks notice, not a day more or less. Hopefully it will be durring their busy season and cause them to scamble a little.

Good luck man that sucks

springjob
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by springjob »

Tumbleweed is right!

Think of the future. Everybody at one point wanted to punch a boss before slamming the door...

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

" Diddle the other pilots girlfreind. "

Help me out here oldtimer, what do you use to "Diddle " them?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
CLguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CLguy »

I'm with Medium Pimpin on this one! Pretty hard to fly with broken knee caps. Just bide your time in a dark alley. We may as well get these two losers out of the business now as they obviously will never be a productive member of the aviation community.

Anyone that would lower themselves to that level and screw a fellow employee at the same time deserves what they get. Why not start a new thread and post the names of these idiots and everyone like them for all to see and remember.

You Can Love An Airplane All You Want, But Remember, It Will Never Love You Back!

Return to “General Comments”