Coronavirus Numbers

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Coronavirus Numbers

Post by scabbydoo »

[/quote]
[/quote]

The only good thing in all of this is the potential for it to wipe out oxygen thieves like yourself. Thank you for bring a prime example of how the herd needs to be thinned.
---------- ADS -----------

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by scabbydoo »

The only good thing in all of this is the ending of the sjw bullshit around lgbtxyz “rights” and fucking tranz shit
The only good thing in all of this is the potential for it to wipe out oxygen thieves like yourself. Thank you for being a prime example of how the herd needs to be thinned.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

altiplano wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 am Do you guys believe the present course of action was the ONLY possible response to Covid-19?

Do you think it is effective so far?
Please enlighten us as to the alternative option that could have been done.
I mean it’s not like the worlds experts haven’t weighed in to influence current response, which most countries are doing. Hell, even the ones who initially scoffed(UK) now regret that. So, please I would love to know the better method approved by you :roll:

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

mbav8r wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:21 pm
altiplano wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 am Do you guys believe the present course of action was the ONLY possible response to Covid-19?

I mean it’s not like the worlds experts haven’t weighed in to influence current response, which most countries are doing. Hell, even the ones who initially scoffed(UK) now regret that. So, please I would love to know the better method approved by you :roll:
You don't have to be a dick about it. I was just asking.

I'll take that as you don't believe there was an alternative.

Do you think it's been effective?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You know that's really the problem on this site. Like, really. Was I a jerk to you?

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

altiplano wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:24 pm

We don’t know if it has been effective yet. We’ll know in 2-3 weeks.

We will also not know how effective it is in comparison to a more lax approach.

Going for the deck at corner
dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

AuxBatOn wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:33 pm

This might give you an idea of how effective it is:

https://people.com/health/washington-ch ... us-spread/

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Right.

I thought the review in 6 mos comment was good. But people seem so certain now that this was the only course.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

dialdriver wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:51 pm

This might give you an idea of how effective it is:

https://people.com/health/washington-ch ... us-spread/
I was talking about measures across Canada. Of course isolating at the individual level will work. How are the whole of the measures function (not everybody is mandated to isolate)? It is unknown and we will not know until a statistically significant number of people are infected cases are closed. I think we’ll have a good idea in 2 weeks.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Well, we will be able to compare to some countries who were more lax or later to the party.
To altiplano,
I guess because I was on the side of the discussion above that what we are doing is needed and you keyboard raised your voice, ie; ONLY, I gave you a sarcastic response. When the general syntax of your sentence is normal and you capitalize one word, it’s the equivalent of raising your voice and didn’t come across as a question, more like a rhetorical question, especially when your next question asking if we thought it was effective.
It was implied you thought you had a better way, perhaps read your posts as if it’s your first time reading it before posting, it will save you some unwelcome responses.
Or maybe some people are just dicks, lol

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

It was for emphasis. Not yelling.

chickenlittle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chickenlittle »

My last update on the numbers was 9 days ago.

Sounds like a test kit as been developed in the US that will provide results in 5 - 15 minutes. I'm sure this will translate to a significant increase in case numbers, both positive AND recovered cases. The US have now taken the lead in total cases and with their slow response to this virus it stands to reason they're still weeks if not months away from getting a handle on this thing so we can expect the borders to remain closed for a while longer.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Numbers as of 11:30am ET.

Total Cases

Deaths

Recovered

Mild Condition
622,469 (95%)

Serious or Critical
33,778 (5%)

Most affected Countries

USA
189,886 (149,031 new cases in 9 days)

Italy
105,792 (41,865 new cases in 9 days)

Spain

China
81,554 (461 new cases in 9 days)

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

So the world officially breeched the 1,000,000 mark with Covid-19.

That means that after 5 months, 1 person in 7700 alive on Earth has it, or has already recovered from it. At this rate, even if it multiplies a few times, it'll be years yet before its makes its way through the population.

Don't expect life to return to normal anytime soon with Governments trying to isolate the entire population of the earth.

Are we ready for whats ahead economically? Are we prepared to even pay back the TRILLIONS its cost ---so far---? Most of us in badly affected industries might last 6-8 months, some far less.

I say islolate and protect the most vulnerable, meaning the sick and elderly, or those with underlying medical conditions......then send the "nearly immune" children back to school, and leave the rest of us (likely only 30% with identifiable symptoms) to call in sick with a dry-cough for a week or two if infected, and be done.

…..or we can keep going indefinitely with this budget destroying, industry wrecking, savings burning, retirement savings decimating, draconian police state insanity....

Last edited by RippleRock on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

RippleRock wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:30 pm So the world officially breeched the 1,000,000 mark with Covid-19.

That means that after 5 months, 1 person in 7700 alive on Earth has it, or has already recovered from it. At this rate, even if it multiplies a few times, it'll be years yet before its makes its way through the population.

Don't expect life to return to normal anytime soon with Governments trying to isolate the entire population of the earth.

Are we ready for whats ahead economically? Most of us in badly affected industries might last 6-8 months, some far less.

I say islolate and protect the most vulnerable, meaning the sick and elderly......then send the "nearly immune" children back to school, and leave the rest of us to call in sick with a dry-cough for a week or two if infected, and be done.
What they define as “mild” symptoms are actually pneumonia that do not require hospitalization. An infant died and young people also die. 1M people infected is from those that were. There are most likely a lot more than that.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Its nice to see that there are some comfortable with shutting down the planet for an indefined period for what most healthy people will experience as a dry-cough and a shortness of breath. Personally I'd trade having it for two weeks rather than lose my house.

Just my opinion though.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
dumbbell daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dumbbell daddy »

RippleRock wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:51 pm Its nice to see that there are some comfortable with shutting down the planet for an indefined period for what most healthy people will experience as a dry-cough and a shortness of breath. Personally I'd trade having it for two weeks rather than lose my house.

Just my opinion though.
+110%!

PT6onH20
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PT6onH20 »

RippleRock wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:51 pm Its nice to see that there are some comfortable with shutting down the planet for an indefined period for what most healthy people will experience as a dry-cough and a shortness of breath. Personally I'd trade having it for two weeks rather than lose my house.

Just my opinion though.

Attachments
3v82dj.jpg
3v82dj.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Just my opinion though.
Nobody is "comfortable" shutting down the planet for anything, it's done because it is necessary to save millions of lives and avoid many other terrible consequences far larger than a temporary hit to the economy. While you personally might be willing to risk death rather than lose your house, you thankfully do not speak for any of the other 7 billion people on the planet.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Rockie wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:02 am

Just my opinion though.
Nobody is "comfortable" shutting down the planet for anything, it's done because it is necessary to save millions of lives and avoid many other terrible consequences far larger than a temporary hit to the economy. While you personally might be willing to risk death rather than lose your house, you thankfully do not speak for any of the other 7 billion people on the planet.
What you fail to understand is that the hit to the economy will bring another serious sanitary crisis that will be responsible for more deaths than the virus itself, there is a point of non return and the gouvernements will have to decide accordingly. I just read an interesting article about it written by a french strategic scientist with specific numbers: let’s see how these 7 billion people will react when there is no more money in their pockets...

Return to “Air Canada”