Swoop CRM Class Shutdown by Police

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Swoop CRM Class Shutdown by Police

Post by shimmydampner »

godsrcrazy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 am However in a Q400 Pilots sit less then 3 feet apart. If you made every passenger sit at the Window the FA would still be within 3 feet of passengers. Maybe someone can tell me the difference.
Easy. The flight is the essential service part of the equation. If TC can approve medical and PPC extensions surely they can do the same for CRM. Or approve doing it via skype. Forcing an operator to do it in a group setting is unnecessarily risky as it relates to the spread of covid19, especially for something as non-essential as CRM.
---------- ADS -----------

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

The very fact Swoop is still even running is crazy. WestJet is down to 57 aircraft (30 of them Q400’s), burning through millions of $’s a day-but can still find cash to blow on Swoop. Your telling me there is enough capacity to run a WJ 700 (800’s are parked) between YYZ-YVR AND a Swoop 800 between YHM-YXX? Each plane with like 20-30 peeps on board max, burning through 5-6000lbs an hour. WestJet is running a mirror airline on top of it’s own now, all domestic, all the airports are the same or within 50 k of each other. Pretty hypocritical all the hand wringing to the 7000 employees layed off when Swoop’s still going. Most Junior FA’s at WJ is 2009 hire date now. Rant over

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
AOW
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by AOW »

Squid wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 am
NotDirty! wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 am
Squid wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 pm More than one dance partner here and I do know Tc isn’t granting extensions or offering approved video crm.
I call BS! TC has given extensions for way worse reasons in the past! Maybe they aren’t issuing blanket extensions like they have for medicals, but I would be shocked if they didn’t approve individual requests for extensions.
Well be shocked then.
My company succeeded in getting extensions on annual recurrent training for everyone due today (including myself). They were able to justify that the present situation was reason enough to postpone the classroom portion, perhaps including that we had all completed or would complete by the deadline, the online LMS training. I have seen TC approve similar requests at my previous company, simply due to instructor shortages or scheduling conflicts, so I too am surprised that TC would deny Swoop’s request.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

Can we get some actual info on the Swoop CRM class?

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

CaptainHaddock wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm The very fact Swoop is still even running is crazy.
The ownership group is making it clear where the priorities are....

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

If TC Cabin safety doesn't approve the extension and there hasn't been a global exemption then on April 1, 2020 the applicable people are expired.
If Swoop had the ability to provide the training online then they could use that option as long as it was approved.

The cops had no right as the "essential employee" definitions are clearly identified by TC.

That saying there could be the option to sue a larger room or downsize the class.

Swoop's not going anywhere because why would you shutdown the cheapest option.

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by George Taylor »

It's not the cheapest option, it's subsidized by mainline.

Return to “WestJet”