Equipment bid

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Equipment bid

Post by truedude »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:19 am Exactly, everyone is all of a sudden the new CDC director. Let people choose their own moral compass because at the end of the day hundreds of thousands people will still lose their lives in an effort to keep the economy going, and that naturally bothers some people more than others.
The mere statement that hundreds of thousands of people will still lose their lives in and effort to keep the economy going is conjecture based on some rather faulty assumptions. There is absolutely no evidence that shutting boarders and locking down for two months saved hundreds of thousands of lives. In fact, scientists who specialize in analyzing complex data are finding some pretty solid trends from data in all countries, regardless of lock down strategies, that clearly showed Covid was not expanding at a true exponential rate. There is increasing evidence that only a fraction of the population is actually susceptible to catching Covid.

As far as this being a moral compass argument is hypocritical garbage. First, we as individuals were not allowed to chose. We had the doomsday scenario shoved down our throats. This is about teams for the most part. You clearly demonstrated that when you failed to look at any of the links I had posted. I, however, have actually spent countless hours reading both sides of the argument, and find the doomsday position to be lacking in any sort of provable, verifiable, scientific principal. The Imperial model that initially scared the crap out of everyone, (aside from being produced by an individual who has been spectacularly wrong about every prediction he has ever made) was developed on a piece of software that was 15,000 lines of code long. Now, if you believe for one second that 15,000 lines of code can accurately model the complex social behavior of a modern day society, along with a virus to which at the time nearly nothing was known about, then I really don't know what else to say.

And given your view on people dying, I hate to break it to you, but thousands of people die everyday--often from completely preventable reasons. Where is your moral outrage for those deaths. Or do you only have moral outrage for Covid deaths. How many times do people in western societies throw perfectly good food out because it is a day past the best before date, while thousands starve. Where was the moral outrage. Thousands die every year from completely preventable illness's, or for things that are treated for pennies a day. Where is the moral outrage there? In May, more people died in BC from drug overdoses than have died of Covid during the entire pandemic; one of the reasons for so many deaths was because the drugs are being mixed with more toxic substances due to the border being closed. Where is the moral outrage. How many people stand in line to get the latest iPhone, having zero regard for the conditions in which they are manufactured. Where is the moral outrage then.

So go ahead and feel all warm and cozy with your simplistic view of the world, and easy moral justification. But everyday, the data will show more and more, that the position is ill founded, and in the end caused far more social damage, and potentially death, than Covid ever would have. In fact, there is a very real threat of millions starving to death, due to the disruption in food distribution and humanitarian work. But I mean, we meant well, so I don't suppose you will feel any moral guilt for those deaths either.
---------- ADS -----------

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

truedude wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:08 pm The mere statement that hundreds of thousands of people will still lose their lives in and effort to keep the economy going is conjecture based on some rather faulty assumptions.
Um, have you not paid attention? Hundreds of thousands have already lost their lives with the economy not going, so plenty more will lose their lives with things opened up. This is obvious. People interact, a virus spreads. They interact less, it spreads less. This is super basic stuff.
There is absolutely no evidence that shutting boarders and locking down for two months saved hundreds of thousands of lives.
That’s f*cking bullshit. You’re one of those “Great Covid Mistake” conspiracy folks...smarter than most right? “Oh please please, read my links, you will be convinced too! Boo hoo!” I’m just following the government’s lead on this (it’s all we can do anyways!!). YOU’RE the one with the moral outrage, fighting the current. Stop shoving your anti-lockdown bullsh*t down our throats. Most people simply don’t want to get sick and that doesn’t mean they deserve to be criticized over it. If you disagree with all this mainstream lockdown and restrictions so much why don’t you go protest or something.

Optimus Primer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Optimus Primer »

mixturerich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:46 am
truedude wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:08 pm The mere statement that hundreds of thousands of people will still lose their lives in and effort to keep the economy going is conjecture based on some rather faulty assumptions.
Um, have you not paid attention? Hundreds of thousands have already lost their lives with the economy not going, so plenty more will lose their lives with things opened up. This is obvious. People interact, a virus spreads. They interact less, it spreads less. This is super basic stuff.
There is absolutely no evidence that shutting boarders and locking down for two months saved hundreds of thousands of lives.
That’s f*cking bullshit. You’re one of those “Great Covid Mistake” conspiracy folks...smarter than most right? “Oh please please, read my links, you will be convinced too! Boo hoo!” I’m just following the government’s lead on this (it’s all we can do anyways!!). YOU’RE the one with the moral outrage, fighting the current. Stop shoving your anti-lockdown bullsh*t down our throats. Most people simply don’t want to get sick and that doesn’t mean they deserve to be criticized over it. If you disagree with all this mainstream lockdown and restrictions so much why don’t you go protest or something.
Good lord, you're sensitive :goodman:

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

mixturerich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:46 am
Clearly any form of independent thought makes you uncomfortable. If you aren't prepared to read anything that doesn't align with your view point, and dismiss all arguments that might run against the grain--even when they come from two nobel prize winners, and an Oxford professor--as "conspiracy theory" then there isn't really much left to be said.

I just can't imagine how paralyzing the world must be for you.

A346Dude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by A346Dude »

mixturerich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:46 am That’s f*cking bullshit. You’re one of those “Great Covid Mistake” conspiracy folks...smarter than most right? “Oh please please, read my links, you will be convinced too! Boo hoo!” I’m just following the government’s lead on this (it’s all we can do anyways!!). YOU’RE the one with the moral outrage, fighting the current. Stop shoving your anti-lockdown bullsh*t down our throats. Most people simply don’t want to get sick and that doesn’t mean they deserve to be criticized over it. If you disagree with all this mainstream lockdown and restrictions so much why don’t you go protest or something.
All he is "shoving down your throat" is an idea, you are free to reject and ignore it. One cannot easily reject and ignore extended government orders to stay home, as you are advocating for. That is truly something shoved down one's throat, and it's not wrong to question whether it is justified.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

We’re all just bickering about the price of human lives. At some point it boils down to that. Personally I’m just going to let the cards fall where they may, but I don’t think it’s justified to sh*t on the masses just because they’re scared [and you’re not].

florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by florch »

mixturerich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm We’re all just bickering about the price of human lives. At some point it boils down to that. Personally I’m just going to let the cards fall where they may, but I don’t think it’s justified to sh*t on the masses just because they’re scared [and you’re not].
Human lives will also be lost by the economy being stalled, and the losses will be exponential as the lock downs extend. This stuff ain't free you know.

How are we going to have the tax revenue to pay for even healthcare and education if this continues? Did you know CRA hasn't done a field audit on a corporation since this started and have none planned during the lock down?

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

florch wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:13 am
mixturerich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm We’re all just bickering about the price of human lives. At some point it boils down to that. Personally I’m just going to let the cards fall where they may, but I don’t think it’s justified to sh*t on the masses just because they’re scared [and you’re not].
Human lives will also be lost by the economy being stalled, and the losses will be exponential as the lock downs extend. This stuff ain't free you know.

How are we going to have the tax revenue to pay for even healthcare and education if this continues? Did you know CRA hasn't done a field audit on a corporation since this started and have none planned during the lock down?

How dare you question JT, Tam and the WHO!
Thinking about providing for yourself, your family, contributing to society in general via your chosen career path is clearly pathological! There’s zero correlation between career loss and mental/ physical health. The powers at be know that! ( Suicides are actually up significantly)

We, in the aviation industry should be fine with completely switching careers, and struggling to get a job at Starbucks! All of this is for the greater good!! C’mon! Nobody worked hard to become a pilot. Just snap your fingers and click you’re heels and voila you’ll have a new career with benefits, vacation and a somewhat livable wage in no time. The entitlement of us all is truly nauseating!

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

McKinley wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:36 pm
florch wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:13 am

How dare you question JT, Tam and the WHO!
Thinking about providing for yourself, your family, contributing to society in general via your chosen career path is clearly pathological! There’s zero correlation between career loss and mental/ physical health. The powers at be know that! ( Suicides are actually up significantly)

We, in the aviation industry should be fine with completely switching careers, and struggling to get a job at Starbucks! All of this is for the greater good!! C’mon! Nobody worked hard to become a pilot. Just snap your fingers and click you’re heels and voila you’ll have a new career with benefits, vacation and a somewhat livable wage in no time. The entitlement of us all is truly nauseating!
Maybe if we dressed up in black face we could become Prime Minister.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”