“Apprentice pilot” job is back

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

“Apprentice pilot” job is back

Post by mbav8r »

Look like we are back to normal despite being anything but normal, my guess they will have plenty of applicants!
---------- ADS -----------

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: “Apprentice pilot” job is back

Post by nottellin »

Lol, that didnt take long, back to reality I guess.

Start to weed out the softies again 😁

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

what's worse is who knows how long the ramp time is going to be nowadays... at least before covid started you knew that you would likely be flying in 6 months at most places...

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Hey... but at least you get to brag to the local roadkill that you’re a “pilot”.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Why shouldn’t it be? It’s a generally reliable source of cheap yet hard working labour and with the right company it makes for a more well-rounded pilot. On the rampie’s side of things you get to have your foot jammed in the door while hiring is slow. Just don’t go to work for the serial abusers.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Better to hide in the basement and emerge healthy when this is over into what will be a hiring boom .
Stay safe , this virus is starting to weaken . Latest mutations are not as deadly as the first three versions .
Still bad but you guys will be back to Rodeos and Mad clothing optional Parties sooner rather than later :)

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

2R wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 amStay safe , this virus is starting to weaken
The heck it is. The graph in the lower right corner is just the confirmed cases, and it's not flattening.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Wow ,scarey stuff. I was gonna risk going to the store . Down to four cases of beer and 173 toilet rolls . I will get it delivered instead :)

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

mbav8r wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:40 pm Look like we are back to normal despite being anything but normal, my guess they will have plenty of applicants!
When Pasco is posting a daily job ad but not calling anyone, then things will be normal.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

Back to 2008 an industry full of empty promises on the ramp and 100's of horned up lowtimers who's dream it is to fly a Navajo. At the very least a recession tends to thin the herd of pilot wannabes.

canadianpilot101
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by canadianpilot101 »

removed

Last edited by canadianpilot101 on Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I really don't think anybody will be looking too hard for people. There are THOUSANDS of unemployed or laid off pilots. I don't expect a call.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

:?:
AirFrame wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 am
2R wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:15 amStay safe , this virus is starting to weaken
The heck it is. The graph in the lower right corner is just the confirmed cases, and it's not flattening.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
Yeah... CASES. They tend to go up with more testing.. and antibodies people are carrying seem to indicate there are a lot of people who had it, were cured of it, and didn’t even realize.

The deaths are the only somewhat true story, but since something like 60,000 people in Canada die in hospital of malpractice and infectious contamination every year, not really something to be deathly concerned about.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

iflyforpie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:10 am The deaths are the only somewhat true story, but since something like 60,000 people in Canada die in hospital of malpractice and infectious contamination every year, not really something to be deathly concerned about.
You are suggesting that folks are dieing at a rate of 165 a day from malpractise and contamination in Canadian hospitals ? Me thinks you dont have a clue about our medical system and how it operates.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

iflyforpie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:10 amYeah... CASES. They tend to go up with more testing.
Yes, teen pregnancies would decrease a lot if there were less home pregnancy test kits available... The more tests, the more cases of pregnancy.

Testing does not change the number of cases. It only changes the number we know about.

Return to “Employment Forum”