FltPlan for IFR

Discuss aviation related software and devices here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

AirDoan
Rank 3
Rank 3

FltPlan for IFR

Post by AirDoan »

Howdy all.

So I am nearing the end of my IFR training, and my year of Foreflight. I intend to work for a living in aviation so I do not intend to continue my FF subscription for personal use. In fact there is only really one reason I don't now. I, like a lot of people, prefer android. Let's not get into that whole debacle. But I do and have a S10+. Great device. Solid screen. Great battery. 3.5mm jack for my headset (no draining battery with bluetooth). I also have an iPad and my source of FF. FPG is available on both so it makes sense here as well.

Basically I have used fltplan in the past and it does 95% of what I need it too. FF is nice and more polished but for my flying for fun, over kill. FPG for free with georeferenced plates is more than enough. Except one thing. On my phone, flying IFR, it refuses to load IFR Terminal Charts, which is important in the CYYJ/CYVR area. Has anyone else run into this? I am awaiting a reply from FPG, but figured I'd see if anyone else noticed this as well.
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: FltPlan for IFR

Post by CpnCrunch »

Works fine on my android phone.

Download->Maps->IFR Terminal->CAN

Maps->Layers->IFR Terminal->Canada

I'm definitely seeing the YVR IFR terminal chart overlaid on the victor LO.

FltPlan Go's support isn't all that great, but what do you expect from a free app.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I like their flightplanning and wind matrix better than FF

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Which chart you see can depend on your level of zoom. Zoomed out it's the LO but keep zooming in and eventually the terminal chart becomes visible.

Return to “Aviation Software & Devices”