Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Nolinor Aviation Starts New Airline

Post by GoHomeLeg »

https://owg.com/en/

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new airline, OWG. This new service will soon take off to regular flights to tropical destinations.

The OWG team has been secretly working since 2018 to create a new airline positioned in the tourism market. As OWG President Marco Prud’Homme explains, “Flying to your destination should be an extension of your vacation. Traditional airlines have cut the quality of their services year after year, without considering the passenger experience. Our goal is to win the hearts of travelers with a new airline whose mission is to make passengers fall in love with flying again.”

In early 2020, the carrier acquired a fleet of Boeing 737-400s and began transforming them into a reflection of their high service and safety standards. Unlike many airlines, OWG will track its aircraft in real time using sophisticated satellite-based communication systems. In order to ensure competitive pricing, OWG opted for aircraft with a proven track record: a fleet of Boeing 737-400s (158 seats). The interior of each plane has been refurbished with lighter, sturdier seating. Altogether, these upgrades required an investment of several million dollars.

In addition to their technological innovations, OWG is investing in quality personnel to provide a travel experience that will exceed your expectations. OWG is reinventing the travel experience by putting passengers at the heart of our business. Our logo is a perfect representation of the brand spirit. OWG operations will roll out over the next few months with destination announcements coming soon.

This new airline is an initiative of Nolinor Aviation, who are continuing their expansion into a new market. For 27 years, Nolinor has provided charter flights to the Far North and beyond with their fleet of a dozen Boeing 737s.

When it comes to keeping our passengers safe during the pandemic, OWG crews will benefit from the expertise developed by Nolinor Aviation during the COVID-19 crisis while they continued to serve certain northern destinations.

OWG received the authorization from the Minister of Transport to provide regular international flight service on July 6th 2020.
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Nolinor Aviation Starts New Airline

Post by lownslow »

Well that’s tragic timing...

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Now?

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

Bad timing .. tourism market is kinda saturated in my opinion. Wrong plane for the job 737-400 will req the odd tech stop.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Lots of airplanes parked these days, probably some good deals available for a well capitalized and experienced Boeing operator. There are some interesting marketing opportunities today, already that website emphasizes the 'not a max' aspect. Going forward, existing operators have left a terrible bad taste with many consumers over the 'no refunds' policy, a new name isn't tainted by that, so there is an opportunity to quickly develop some brand loyalty for a new brand.

The website shows C-GGWX all painted up in OWG livery. Civil aircraft register says it's a 737-408 serial number 24804. Been on the Canadian registry since Sept 17 of 2013 as C-FLDX registered to Flair Airlines. Registration changed on June 25 of 2020 from Flair to Nolinor.

The plot thickens.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Localizer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:42 am Bad timing .. tourism market is kinda saturated in my opinion. Wrong plane for the job 737-400 will req the odd tech stop.
The Mexican Game...

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Hiring??? ...... asking for a friend.....

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

They were sketchy as hell up north I couldn’t imagine them running Caribbean ops with 737-400’s and how sketchy it will be with fuel loads.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Any efficiencies they though they may have will be blown outta the water operating into PVR or CUN. I can't imagine these old girls will be to good at 4000', 40 miles back during the approach.

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

My guess is they will operate from QC and ON airports to Mexico, Dominican Republic and Cuba. So no need for tech stops.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoHomeLeg »

I hope this isn't a secret partnership with Sunwing to provide lift.

How many seats need to be filled to break even?

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 am Lots of airplanes parked these days, probably some good deals available for a well capitalized and experienced Boeing operator. There are some interesting marketing opportunities today, already that website emphasizes the 'not a max' aspect. Going forward, existing operators have left a terrible bad taste with many consumers over the 'no refunds' policy, a new name isn't tainted by that, so there is an opportunity to quickly develop some brand loyalty for a new brand.

The website shows C-GGWX all painted up in OWG livery. Civil aircraft register says it's a 737-408 serial number 24804. Been on the Canadian registry since Sept 17 of 2013 as C-FLDX registered to Flair Airlines. Registration changed on June 25 of 2020 from Flair to Nolinor.

The plot thickens.
Plot is still thin. Flair has been looking to sell those 400s for some time. They had to hang on to them for so long because the grounding of the MAX meant very few -800's in good condition at a good lease rate. Leasing companies were price gouging due to the demand. Amazing how quickly that collapsed. Now the 800's are cheap as ever (heck even the MAX's are wildly affordable), yet there's no money for the airlines to nab em due to the pandemic grounding fleets worldwide. The irony is dripping here.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

LOL
Untitled.jpeg
Untitled.jpeg (114.9 KiB) Viewed 3554 times

Will fix airplanes for food.
GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoHomeLeg »

Human Factor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 pm LOL

Untitled.jpeg
Lol "this is not a MAX". Instead it's an old crusty 737-400

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Unlike many airlines, OWG will track its aircraft in real time using sophisticated satellite-based communication systems.
Umm, what respectable 705 airline DOESNT do that?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Um... Malaysian Airlines?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

LOL ouch. I was thinking more like on this side of the pond.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

So, anyone desperate enough to go fly clapped out -400's for a 3 year 30 000$ loan?! hahaha

MikePapa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MikePapa »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:40 am Hiring??? ...... asking for a friend.....
No they still have pilots lay-off.

Cavalier44
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cavalier44 »

In the nearly ten years I’ve been a part of the aviation industry in this country, I’ve had the pleasure of working with several ex-Nolinor employees including both pilots and flight attendants, some of whom would later become close friends. Interestingly, I’ve never heard someone make a single positive statement about this company. I hope they don’t treat their customers in the same manner they allegedly treat their employees.

Issues with the company notwithstanding, I can’t see how attempting to launch a leisure airline in the midst of a global pandemic with clapped out, inefficient, 30-year old 737-400s makes any rational sense. Am I missing something here?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”