Aviation booklet

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Aviation booklet

Post by redlaser »

NCR-088-2020 1 EXEMPTION FROM SUBSECTIONS 401.12(2) AND, 402.08(2) AND (3) OF THE CANADIAN AVIATION REGULATIONS Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that this exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to adversely affect aviation safety or security, I hereby exempt all holders of valid Canadian Aviation Document Booklets, from the requirements of subsections 401.12(2) and 402.08(2) and (3) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), subject to the conditions set out below. Subsection 401.12(2) of the CARs states that the validity period of a flight crew permit or licence that is issued in the form of a booklet label starts on the day on which it is issued and ends on the expiry date of the aviation document booklet in which it is affixed. Subsection 402.08(2) of the CARS states that the validity period of an air traffic controller licence that is issued in the form of a booklet label starts on the day on which it is issued and ends on the expiry date of the aviation document booklet in which it is affixed. The above mentioned provisions are reproduced in Appendix A. PURPOSE The purpose of this exemption is to adopt temporary measures in the public interest to enable all holders of valid Canadian Aviation Document Booklets to continue operations following the declaration of a pandemic outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) by World Health Organization (WHO) on March 11, 2020. More specifically, this exemption will allow all holders of Canadian Aviation Document Booklets that were still valid on March 12, 2020 to continue exercising the privileges stated in their booklet until March 31, 2021; or beyond if the expiry date affixed in the booklet is later, as the limiting of on-site personnel to critical services will impair the processing and issuance of licences and Aviation Document Booklets prior to their expiration. APPLICATION This exemption applies only to holders of Aviation Document Booklets that were still valid on March 12, 2020. This exemption ceases to apply to a holder of a valid Aviation Document Booklet who breaches a condition of this exemption.
NCR-088-2020 2 CONDITIONS This exemption is subject to the following condition: 1. The validity period extension to Canadian Aviation Document Booklets (ADB) identified in subsections 401.12(2) or 402.08(2) or (3) of the CARs shall be applied to those booklets that were still valid on March 12, 2020. 2. Persons having Level 4 Operational Language proficiency shall have successfully renewed their Language proficiency and carry a copy of the feedback letter with their ADB. 3. Persons holding a ADB that expires between March 12, 2020 and March 31, 2021 and making use of this exemption shall endeavor to renew their ADB as soon as practical as COVID-19 restrictions lessen and allow for applicants to obtain the appropriate photo and verification signatures required by the ADB application process. 4. Persons exercising the privileges of a permit, licence or rating specified in an Aviation Document Booklet pursuant to the terms and conditions of this exemption shall comply with the CARs in all respects, and the CARs shall continue to apply in all respects other than the specific provisions set out herein, or any other applicable exemption issued by the Minister of Transport. VALIDITY: This exemption is in effect from July 2, 2020 until the earliest of the following: (a) March 31st, 2021 at 23:59 (EST); or (b) The date on which the exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to adversely affect aviation safety or security. DATED at Ottawa, Ontario, this 29th day of June, 2020, on behalf of the Minister of Transport. “Original signed by” Nicholas Robinson Director General Civil Aviation Transport Canada
NCR-088-2020 3 Appendix A Pertinent provisions of the Canadian Aviation Regulations Validity of Flight Crew Permits and Licences 401.12 (1) A flight crew permit or licence that is issued in the form of a booklet label is not valid unless: (a) the label is affixed in an aviation document booklet; (b) the booklet number displayed on the label matches the number of the booklet; and (c) the booklet is signed by the holder. (2) The validity period of a flight crew permit or licence that is issued in the form of a booklet label starts on the day on which it is issued and ends on the expiry date of the aviation document booklet in which it is affixed. (3) The expiry date of an aviation document booklet that has a flight crew permit affixed in it but does not have a flight crew licence affixed in it is the first day of the 121st month following the day on which the booklet was issued. (4) The expiry date of an aviation document booklet that has a flight crew licence affixed in it is: (a) the first day of the 121st month following the day on which the booklet was issued, if the application for the licence included documentation establishing that the holder demonstrated an expert level ability during their language proficiency evaluation; or (b) the first day of the 121st month following the day on which the holder’s language proficiency evaluation was conducted, if the application for the licence included documentation establishing that the holder demonstrated an operational level ability during the evaluation. (5) A flight crew permit or licence that was not issued in the form of a booklet label and is listed in column 1 of the table this subsection is valid until the day set out in column 2. TABLE Column 1 Column 2 Item Flight Crew Permit or Licence Expiry Date 1 Airline transport pilot licence — aeroplane June 30, 2010 2 Airline transport pilot licence — helicopter June 30, 2010 3 Commercial pilot licence — aeroplane June 30, 2010 4 Commercial pilot licence — helicopter June 30, 2010 5 Private pilot licence — aeroplane June 30, 2010
NCR-088-2020 4 Column 1 Column 2 Item Flight Crew Permit or Licence Expiry Date 6 Private pilot licence — helicopter June 30, 2010 7 Flight engineer licence June 30, 2010 8 Pilot licence — glider December 31, 2010 9 Pilot licence — balloon December 31, 2010 10 Pilot permit — recreational December 31, 2010 11 Pilot permit — gyroplane December 31, 2010 12 Pilot permit — ultra-light aeroplane December 31, 2010 Validity of Air Traffic Controller Licences 402.08 (1) An air traffic controller licence that is issued in the form of a booklet label is not valid unless (a) the label is affixed in an aviation document booklet; (b) the booklet number displayed on the label matches the number of the booklet; and (c) the booklet is signed by the holder. (2) The validity period of an air traffic controller licence that is issued in the form of a booklet label starts on the day on which it is issued and ends on the expiry date of the aviation document booklet in which it is affixed. (3) The expiry date of an aviation document booklet that has an air traffic controller licence affixed in it is (a) the first day of the sixty-first month following the day on which the booklet was issued, if the application for the licence included documentation establishing that the holder demonstrated an expert level ability during their language proficiency evaluation; or (b) the first day of the sixty-first month following the day on which the holder’s language proficiency evaluation was conducted, if the application for the licence included documentation establishing that the holder demonstrated an operational level ability during the evaluation.
---------- ADS -----------

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Aviation booklet

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

What?

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

tldr;

All ADBs that were still valid March 12, 2020 remain valid until March 31, 2021.

Hugh Jasshole
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hugh Jasshole »

So if my medical had expired prior to March, 2021, can I get a new medical anywhere, or is this all shut down still??

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

Hugh Jasshole wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:29 pm So if my medical had expired prior to March, 2021, can I get a new medical anywhere, or is this all shut down still??
I got my medical done yesterday in Edmonton. Just call docs around your area, someone will do it for sure.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

Hugh Jasshole wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:29 pm So if my medical had expired prior to March, 2021, can I get a new medical anywhere, or is this all shut down still??
You can send in an attestation form if you don't have any limitations or restrictions on your medical.
https://www2.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/reg ... n/3304.htm

kevind
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by kevind »

If you have a cat 1 and your over 40, will the attestation allow you do hold commercial privilege's again for the next year, or just private?

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

kevind wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:00 pm If you have a cat 1 and your over 40, will the attestation allow you do hold commercial privilege's again for the next year, or just private?
Up to the next year if you fly two crew only.
6 months if single pilot then you just send at this time another attestation.

Is my understanding....

redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by redlaser »

It seems to apply only if your medical is ending between March 17,2020, and March 31, 2021, If your medical ended before thst period, then what?, You have to get another medical, and no doctors are available, so your screwed. Am I correct...

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
tazin river
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tazin river »

Like someone mentioned above, you can now contact your local aviation examiner office and get an appointment. You may end up on a waiting list but they should be able to get you in soon. I was able to get mine renewed two weeks ago.

Return to “General Comments”