Regarding FSS Nav Can

This forum has been developed to discuss ATS related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

chrisATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Regarding FSS Nav Can

Post by chrisATC »

Hi guys,

I just had a couple questions regarding the FSS stream.

I was offered an assessment in the FSS stream and am wondering what to be prepared for, financially and mentally.

1) Since I will be relocating, does Nav pay for relocation during training or is that all on my expense?
2) On the website it says training for FSS pays about 30k, yet the training month duration is from 9-11 months so is that divided upon those months or is it annual.
3) After training, what is a realistic salary to expect, and how is the OT for FSS compared to ATC.
4) How different is the FSS assessment from the ATC assessment

Thanks, any help will be appreciated! :)
---------- ADS -----------

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Regarding FSS Nav Can

Post by Nekton »

I have some of the same questions. Particularly what to expect in the next phase of assessment, or interview.

Have you had contact from them recently? I received an email in early April saying that all training was on hold for an undetermined amount of time, but that my application would remain active and I would be contacted once they had more information about how things would proceed. My Workday status says Interview now though. Not sure if there is any further assessment required or if it's just an interview.

I believe all expenses related to the hiring process up until training starts are your responsibility, including relocation and accommodation during training. Aside from the training salary, I doubt they will pay extra for your move to wherever you are posted if you make it past the initial training phase. I think you are expected to come into this prepared financially and otherwise to move at least twice, once to an FIR Center for training and then again for OJT.

Good question about the training salary, I was wondering the same thing.

p.s. You may want to re-post this in the NavCanada Hiring forum as it is specifically for these topics.

chrisATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chrisATC »

Ok thanks, will do! :)

Iwillbecomeanatc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Iwillbecomeanatc »

chrisATC wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:07 am Hi guys,

I just had a couple questions regarding the FSS stream.

I was offered an assessment in the FSS stream and am wondering what to be prepared for, financially and mentally.

1) Since I will be relocating, does Nav pay for relocation during training or is that all on my expense?
2) On the website it says training for FSS pays about 30k, yet the training month duration is from 9-11 months so is that divided upon those months or is it annual.
3) After training, what is a realistic salary to expect, and how is the OT for FSS compared to ATC.
4) How different is the FSS assessment from the ATC assessment

Thanks, any help will be appreciated! :)
Hi Chris,

Have you specifically stated on your application that you want to be streamed FSS or does it depend on your exams?

The reason why I asked is because I clicked on the VFR stream during my online application but I didn’t know that I can state there, I can go to to other streams too.

Thanks!

Return to “ATS Question Forum”