how long

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: how long

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:07 am
tsgarp wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:48 am
Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:04 am Wow, totally amazing.

Keep them coming, you must have one where you did the entire flight inverted. All a simple matter of trimming it just so...
You’d have to ask Hedley about that. I’m sure he could offer you some tips if you’d like.
Haha, no thanks.
It’s sad that you feel that way. You could learn quite a lot from him.
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:18 am
Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:07 am
tsgarp wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:48 am

You’d have to ask Hedley about that. I’m sure he could offer you some tips if you’d like.
Haha, no thanks.
Nothing good.

I'm a bit confused about your previous post, are you saying you were in the left seat before you disccovered trim? You're absolutely right, I'd be in gaping awe and disbelief too if I flew with a Captain who only just discovered trim.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:26 am
Nothing good.
[/quote]

Everybody has something to teach, everybody has something to learn. You will come to see the truth of this as you mature.
Rockie wrote: I'm a bit confused about your previous post,
It’s pretty clear, at least to people who aren’t too far gone with the effects of hyperbole; The FO in the stories was somewhat startled at how little automation was needed to fly the aircraft. I know you never demonstrated this to any of your FOs; You were to busy fighting your automation, which was apparently making life threatening errors every 1.5 minutes through out your entire flying career.

This brings us full circle; Flying a modern transport category aircraft from one paved ILS served runway to another paved ILS served runway is pretty easy. In fact, it’s so easy that it could be done by a computer (as has been ampleLy demonstrated in real life).

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

You know Garp, I am not one who is adverse to baiting Rockie for sport, but you really are coming across as an utter fool. We are laughing at you, nor with you.
Your stories hold very little credibility. And the personal attacks. I think maybe its time you stopped trying to waste everybody else's time. Before the mods do it for you.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

trey kule wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:53 am I think maybe its time you stopped trying to waste everybody else's time. Before the mods do it for you.
Wise advice, but maybe I'm the one enjoying sport?

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

trey kule wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:53 am You know Garp, I am not one who is adverse to baiting Rockie for sport, but you really are coming across as an utter fool. We are laughing at you, nor with you.
Your stories hold very little credibility. And the personal attacks. I think maybe its time you stopped trying to waste everybody else's time. Before the mods do it for you.
I’m not that worried what you think. When you use the term ‘We’ it’s like the Royal we, except that it’s coming from a guy mumbling on the street corner.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:59 am
trey kule wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:53 am I think maybe its time you stopped trying to waste everybody else's time. Before the mods do it for you.
Wise advice, but maybe I'm the one enjoying sport?
Dude, I hate to break it to you, but the only people left reading this thread are you, me and apparently Trey.

Ironically, not only could AI replace all of us on the flight deck, it could also replace us, (well, definitely you), on this thread....and possibly the forum.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

A little tip Garp, as if your posts weren't full of enough shit your use of the word "dude" betrays your teenagerness (is that a word?).

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:49 pm A little tip Garp, as if your posts weren't full of enough shit your use of the word "dude" betrays your teenagerness (is that a word?).
No, ‘teenagerness’ is not a word. Dude, however, is. Now you know.

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

Rockie wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:49 pm A little tip Garp, as if your posts weren't full of enough shit your use of the word "dude" betrays your teenagerness (is that a word?).
If you think teenagers have said dude in the last 20 years, it shows how out of touch you are

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

gtappl wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:06 pm
If you think teenagers have said dude in the last 20 years, it shows how out of touch you are
I am certain I am out of touch, but my kids aren't. I had to laugh when they started using 'dude' a few years ago.

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

47north wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:08 pm I am certain I am out of touch, but my kids aren't. I had to laugh when they started using 'dude' a few years ago.
It came back when the movie Finding Nemo came out. The turtles saw to that.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

The turtle was 150 years old.

I always imagine someone who is offended or annoyed by the term “dude” speaks with a mid-Atlantic accent.

I hear talk about them repealing Prohibition! That’s trouble a-brewin’!

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Rickie is like Mr.Hand.

https://youtu.be/6J8__fWphE0

Lots of great dudes in this world... and the Rickies that oppose them...

https://youtu.be/xJjCnWm5cvE

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

trey kule wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:53 am You know Garp, I am not one who is adverse to baiting Rockie for sport, but you really are coming across as an utter fool. We are laughing at you, nor with you.
I second that...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

No , it shows how out of touch people who still use it are. Long past time to grow up if they want to be taken seriously. But I completely agree that I do not understand teen speak, what parent ever has?

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Rockie wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:43 am
No , it shows how out of touch people who still use it are. Long past time to grow up if they want to be taken seriously. But I completely agree that I do not understand teen speak, what parent ever has?
Uhh, I’m in my thirties and I still hear tons of people use the term “dude”, people of ALL ages, and it isn’t a mark against their character at all. It’s like saying bro/buddy/man. Not sure why you’re so hung up on that word. Just goes to show how old and/or out of touch YOU are.

Nobody takes you or pelmet seriously around here anymore anyways so I don’t know why you still waste your breath. Look at the numbers...you’ve made an average of 1.4 posts everyday, for the last fifteen years. Perhaps you should take a day off!

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

What he said.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Proudly square. Not so square that I’ve bothered to calculate my daily post rate though. That’s someone with too much time on their hands.

Btw, bro is just as bad. Can’t take it seriously.

Return to “General Comments”