Westjet mask policy

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Westjet mask policy

Post by hotdog1 »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:08 am
hotdog1 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:01 pm How do you feel that your liberal friends down south have been outsmarted by a “fucking moron” for over 4 years now(from the time he declared to run for president to now)
It wasn’t liberals he outsmarted, it was the 60+ million who voted for him (and you apparently) and who still support him to this day despite all the damage and death he’s caused. Those people will believe the most ridiculous things time after time, even after it kills them.

Lol
Maybe you should run for president, you have all the answers, you like to use the trump strategy of calling people names, belittling them and presenting no facts for your arguments. Is he secretly your hero that you try to emulate??

Who tried to impeach him? According to you it wasn’t the liberal(democrats) Who was it then?
And you think I voted for him? Lol, well I guess you are admitting he outsmarted the system and his opponents again cause he found a way to have non American citizens vote for him.
You think alllllll the other presidents didnt cause any damage? Lol
Wow, your replies just keep getting crazier! Lol

It may be time to get rid of this thread lol
---------- ADS -----------

hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hotdog1 »

montado wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:31 pm
mbav8r wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:12 pm
montado wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:40 pm My question for those who are pro mask, will you consider this the new normal and wear a mask from now on the rest of your life in public spaces? What would change your mind about the masks. I don’t believe covid will ever be eradicated, it will mutate the same way the seasonal flu does and maybe vaccines will have to keep up with it. At least this is what I heard from some experts, covid likely will never go away.

So masks forever, right guys? We will see you in 2030 still masking it up and have a social circle of only 10 people... but really we know in about a years time you will rationalize why it’s ok to not use a mask anymore... maybe you need to hear 50 cases per day vs 100, maybe a vaccine that’s 70 percent effective... but remember you said masks aren’t perfect but they reduce the risks! So let’s just hope you stay committed to that life long risk reduction.
Well, for starters if it’s still a pandemic and it’s still recommended as a mitigating tool, then yes I will wear a mask. How hard is it to be considerate of others around you, the majority feel this way, so if you’re the minority perhaps the problem is you
Daily new cases globally are nearly 300k, the pandemic was declared back in March and April when cases were well below 100k so surely you would wait until daily cases are below 100k again before you would even consider going out with no mask? Do you even think it’s possible that the world will ever see less than 100lk cases in a day going forward? I don’t. So I just wonder what metrics you use to feed the fear... if the experts came out tomorrow and said it’s not as bad as we thought, pandemic is over, you would then instantly not use a mask anymore? Is it as simple as just doing as you are told?

I just think it’s hilarious because one of these days you will likely change your mind about masks, and I just want to know what it is that will make you change your mind. How many weddings will you skip, how many thanksgivings will you miss?
Cases are not deaths. But the media would you to think that a case meant automatic deaths.
Also, donalD trump wasn’t wrong, and I know it triggers some, but the more tests you do, the more cases you will find
Don’t forget, 80% of people show no or very mild symptoms.
Also, I won’t ever change my mind. Here’s why, I’m pretty sure my entire family experienced I the covid last Christmas.
When the other 3 in my household went to the doctor for a ‘cold’ they were told it was viral, but not pneumonia but also could not identify what virus it was. They were all told to go home and come back if it got worse. It didn’t. Everyone for better in a week or so. I didn’t experience any symptoms at all. There were no lockdowns at that point so in theory we were all spreading the virus. And yet in my area there has only been 5 deaths since March-all in LTC homes, which we did not visit. There has also been very, very few hospitalizations.
If you know anyone who works in a factory they can probably tell you that most of their employees were also ‘sick’ over Christmas and into January.
That all makes sense if the covid is as contagious as we are being told. If over 2000 people a day travelled from China before the lockdowns, how many would it take to bring the virus and have it spread? Well it would have had over 4 months to spread freely.
If the virus spreads at logorithmic rates, it would be impossible to not have most people exposed in a few months, especially in dense populations like Toronto and most of southern Ontario where people travel daily on the 401 to other major Centers.

And yet masks weren’t mandated for months after being the virus was identified in Canada. Maybe our government should be held accountable like trump for causing all those unnecessary deaths. If masks worked, and the govt didn’t use that tool to save lives, doesn’t that make them some kind of responsible??

I won’t skip any weddings or funerals. I won’t be one of those whiners that “regrets” not saying good bye to a parent who died alone of cancer because the govt didn’t want you spread covid to them and kill them.

I won’t change my mind or do what I’m told just because someone says so. Especially the govt, they have a looooong list of corruption and lies and just plain old unethical self serving behaviours.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

RWETHRYET wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:13 amCanadas largest nurses group has already proven in court masks are useless in stopping the spread of flu like viruses
Funny, most people prove scientific assertions in a laboratory, not a courtroom.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Another observation hotdog, you use Lol a lot. Really a LOT.

I’m beginning to doubt your claims of being a pilot, or of being older than 12. Lol.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 am Another observation hotdog, you use Lol a lot. Really a LOT.

I’m beginning to doubt your claims of being a pilot, or of being older than 12. Lol.
Yes Rockie, everyone who doesn’t buy your arguments is a 12 year old non-pilot.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Actually I was referring to his habit of conversing like a 12 year old. Lol. Based on my experience of never having seen a pilot put lol at the beginning and end of every sentence. I know 12 year olds who do though, and that’s not old enough to be a pilot.

Lol

Last edited by Rockie on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 am Actually I was referring to his habit of conversing like a 12 year old. Lol. Based on my experience of never having seen a pilot put lol at the beginning and end of every sentence. I know 12 year olds who do though.

Lol
You should check your language privilege; the other progressives would take away your liberal card if they saw how you attempted to marginalize and oppress those who identified as grammatically non-binary.

Perhaps you’d prefer to converse in Ebonic?

hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hotdog1 »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 am Actually I was referring to his habit of conversing like a 12 year old. Lol. Based on my experience of never having seen a pilot put lol at the beginning and end of every sentence. I know 12 year olds who do though, and that’s not old enough to be a pilot.

Lol
Yawn, could you at least be original in you immature attempted insults LOL!!
Do you spend a lot of time studying 12 year olds language habits and compare them to pilots?? That’s an interesting use of ones time. Maybe you need to get out more.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

hotdog1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:32 am Do you spend a lot of time studying 12 year olds language habits
Trust me hotdog, when you're old enough to have kids of your own you'll understand.

hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hotdog1 »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 am Another observation hotdog, you use Lol a lot. Really a LOT.

Good one! LOL
I use that a LOT because your make me laugh, in a sad and pathetic way.

Hey everyone rockie doubts I am a pilot-that makes it an indisputable fact!!! LOL

By the way, have you looked up way “I give up,..” means-you said that days ago and yet you keep going on and on and on with the silly observations and insults that no one cares about.

You really act like you know a lot about 12 yr olds, maybe you shouldn’t broadcast that to the world

hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hotdog1 »

I will leave you with this thought rockie.
Then you can be the internet hero and get the last childish insult in.

If you wish to be taken seriously and have people believe in your point of view-like wearing a mask- you should refrain from the insults and trying to embarrass, shame or belittle the opposing viewpoint.
In psychology (this isn’t my opinion, it’s well known in the field) it is well known that if a person feels they will get embarrassed, ‘called out’, shamed or demeaned for admitting they were ‘wrong’ in their opinion, That person will more likely choose to entrench themselves in their opinion than risk being embarrassed.

It’s the same reason the ‘flat earners’ movement continues to grow.
If someone tells you they think the earth is flat, people like you respond by trying to make them feel stupid by calling them names. Do you think that person now wants to admit to your that they are wrong? Hell no they won’t lol
That person will seek out people who won’t make them feel stupid, so they seek others of the same mind-other flat earners. Those people-like a gang- will make eachother feel better and validate their opinions.
If you really wanted to change a flat earthers opinion, you would reply with a rational approach. Perhaps by engaging them in a peer level, respected manner. You would see it as an opportunity to share some knowledge in an educational way, not a demeaning way.
By accepting their theory, you validate their intelligence and they are less likely to become defensive and entrenched.

There are plenty of posters here that disagree, fortunately they choose the latter, mature approach to sharing knowledge. Maybe even charming an opinion viewpoint.
You my friend could learn from them.

I do learn from some of them(pilotdar is a great example-I have never seen him call anyone names , and he backs his opinions with real world knowledge) you may notice that YOU are the only one I have these disagreements with.
Where as I have seen many have this same conversation with you.

Having said that, take your last shot at calling me some silly little name.
Unlike you, I really won’t reply. Lol

Biff
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Biff »

Rockie wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 am Actually I was referring to his habit of conversing like a 12 year old. Lol. Based on my experience of never having seen a pilot put lol at the beginning and end of every sentence. I know 12 year olds who do though, and that’s not old enough to be a pilot.

Lol
Rockie

He’s not worth arguing with.

I’m pretty sure he’s an fo(thinks he’s a captain) that I’ve flown with. He just argues to argue. 🤷‍♂️

hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hotdog1 »

Biff wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:18 pm

Lol
Rockie

He’s not worth arguing with.

I’m pretty sure he’s an fo(thinks he’s a captain) that I’ve flown with. He just argues to argue. 🤷‍♂️
Do you have multiple profiles rockie??
I won’t reply to “rockie” anymore and the very next post on the thread is another silly attempt to insult -and quite ironic -the post is defending you as the one who DOESN’T just argue

That’s quite the coincidence LOL!

So now I will add that I won’t reply to Rockies other profile name ‘biff’ either.

PS:you’re assumption is wrong-again. Keep trying, you might be right one of these times

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

hotdog1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:26 pm PS:you’re assumption is wrong-again. Keep trying, you might be right one of these times
*your

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
hotdog1
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hotdog1 »

Meatservo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:06 pm
hotdog1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:26 pm PS:you’re assumption is wrong-again. Keep trying, you might be right one of these times
*your
Well , I’ll take that as a compliment. Allllllll of these posts and one grammatical error to be corrected. Not bad
Probably just a spell check issue, but keep up the good work combing through posts to find grammar mistakes. I might just make the next one on porpoise to give you something to do. 🧐

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Keep digging hotdog.

Biff

Biff
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Biff »

hotdog1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:52 am I will leave you with this thought rockie.
Then you can be the internet hero and get the last childish insult in.

If you wish to be taken seriously and have people believe in your point of view-like wearing a mask- you should refrain from the insults and trying to embarrass, shame or belittle the opposing viewpoint.
In psychology (this isn’t my opinion, it’s well known in the field) it is well known that if a person feels they will get embarrassed, ‘called out’, shamed or demeaned for admitting they were ‘wrong’ in their opinion, That person will more likely choose to entrench themselves in their opinion than risk being embarrassed.

It’s the same reason the ‘flat earners’ movement continues to grow.
If someone tells you they think the earth is flat, people like you respond by trying to make them feel stupid by calling them names. Do you think that person now wants to admit to your that they are wrong? Hell no they won’t lol
That person will seek out people who won’t make them feel stupid, so they seek others of the same mind-other flat earners. Those people-like a gang- will make eachother feel better and validate their opinions.
If you really wanted to change a flat earthers opinion, you would reply with a rational approach. Perhaps by engaging them in a peer level, respected manner. You would see it as an opportunity to share some knowledge in an educational way, not a demeaning way.
By accepting their theory, you validate their intelligence and they are less likely to become defensive and entrenched.

There are plenty of posters here that disagree, fortunately they choose the latter, mature approach to sharing knowledge. Maybe even charming an opinion viewpoint.
You my friend could learn from them.

I do learn from some of them(pilotdar is a great example-I have never seen him call anyone names , and he backs his opinions with real world knowledge) you may notice that YOU are the only one I have these disagreements with.
Where as I have seen many have this same conversation with you.

Having said that, take your last shot at calling me some silly little name.
Unlike you, I really won’t reply. Lol
And yet you replied 2 more times...

Biff....or....Rocky??? So hard to keep it straight!

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

hotdog1 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:33 pm
Meatservo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:06 pm
*your
Well , I’ll take that as a compliment. Allllllll of these posts and one grammatical error to be corrected. Not bad
Probably just a spell check issue, but keep up the good work combing through posts to find grammar mistakes. I might just make the next one on porpoise to give you something to do. 🧐

The thing is, this particular mistake isn't one you can blame on "spell check" or whatever. You have to deliberately hit the shift key to make an apostrophe, which means you're one of those people who doesn't really understand apostrophes or what they signify. Which frankly speaks to your general competence. Now, I respectfully (sort of) suggest that you drop this bickering with whomever you're insulting or bickering with -I can't be bothered to look and see- and craft some rational posts on the subject at hand. I don't bear you any ill will and I'm not sifting through your posts looking for spell-check glitches, but honestly I think the error is really a result of not giving a shit about the way you present yourself.

Also, Rockie, you cut it out, too. You and Hotdog are only entertaining yourselves, and nobody else is entertained. It makes us feel like idiots for bothering to contribute sincerely to this discussion- as it does really any time I try to participate in an "AvCanada" discussion.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

You know the term Covidiot? This was the term given to anti maskers, or antivaxers... what a mistake. Let me introduce you to the real Covidiots demonstrated in the following article:

https://www.thestar.com/politics/provin ... finds.html

"Most Ontarian's" support another lockdown if cases spike.

How Dumb do people have to be? How dumb are "most people in Ontario"?

Did Stage two not work? Cases have been declining since May, all while more tests were happening. Stage two was in June and Masks became mandatory in July... So was something not working or am I missing something?

Just remember who the real covidiots are: "Most people in Ontario", and would like to destroy our economy, stay home and collect CERB. Whether you think Covid is no big deal or a huge issue and we need to do all we can to stop the spread, I would think everyone would see its quite obvious a lockdown is more damaging and unequivocally not required. But the FEAR is real in "most Ontarian's". I really just don't know how much of a covidiot Our politicians might be to enforce a second lockdown. I cant even imagine what a second lockdown would look like. :shock:

edit: changed a few words.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Really meatservo, there’s an intelligent conversation going on here? It’s like debating with a chunk of drywall. The world is a different place these days and any intelligent exchange of ideas by definition requires some intelligence from the other party. Stop pretending there is some.

As if things weren’t bad enough before the pandemic, now this virulent kind of stupidity has real deadly consequences to say nothing of other costs. It is WAY past time we stopped giving it the courtesy of politeness. It needs to be called out and put in its place unless we want the world to continue this one way trip down the toilet of abject ignorance.

I’m sick of it.

Return to “General Comments”