Yellowknife Pilot-in-waiting

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

Yellowknife Pilot-in-waiting

Post by challenger_nami »

With the wide scale unemployment in aviation industry, I wonder if Air Operators in Yellowknife have OPEN Pilot-in-waiting job positions for entry level pilots ... or are they all filled?
---------- ADS -----------

Challener’s Rules of Engagement:
Challenger shall not engage those who lack common sense, Intelligence OR those who bring forward id*otic assertions
Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Yellowknife Pilot-in-waiting

Post by Pacqing »

Phone them and ask

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by challenger_nami »

Pacqing wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:16 am Phone them and ask
I am not asking for myself ... so I am not going to invest so much time and effort into it on a SUNDAY.
In another post, I was suggesting to someone else that Yellowknife has opportunities for a new pilot who is willing to challenge it. I just wanted to be sure that door is still open.

Plus, in my experience with Yellowknife, they don’t like phone conversations about GENERAL job opportunities. They prefer to see your face when discussing it.

Why? Because even if on the phone they say there is a job waiting for the person there in Yellowknife, there is no guarantee that person packs their bags and goes to Yellowknife ... because it’s soooo far away for most people. Even if that person lives in Edmonton, AB, It’s an 16-18 hour super difficult drive, most of the year.

Challener’s Rules of Engagement:
Challenger shall not engage those who lack common sense, Intelligence OR those who bring forward id*otic assertions
Lance_Grimshaw
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lance_Grimshaw »

Companies are getting bailouts to keep the heat on and you can’t get into the territory without residency or a job. Not looking newbie friendly this winter. Try again in the spring...

Flylikearedneck
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flylikearedneck »

Give the operators a call, but don’t get your hopes up. Good luck.

I like Nickelback, so don’t take anything I say too seriously! - Flylikearedneck
valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

both carriers in pickle Lake were looking.

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca

Return to “General Comments”