VIDEO (aftermath): 2 YouTubers Wrecked their Airplane during OFF-Airport Landing

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

VIDEO (aftermath): 2 YouTubers Wrecked their Airplane during OFF-Airport Landing

Post by challenger_nami »

VIDEO 1 ( October 10 2020):
https://youtu.be/e7Pzakaeb1w

VIDEO 2 ( October 6 2020):
https://youtu.be/Pd3p0-Dc_nQ

This guy says HE stalled and wrecked his airplane on landing, and he is smiling about it, which is admirable.

. He says HE was landing the airplane, and NOT his non-pilot girlfriend .
. He says he was NOT recording any video of their flight which is kinda weird since he is a YouTuber who has been posting a lot of videos in the last few months.
. I don’t know if he is an instructor (CFI), but he has been teaching his girlfriend how to fly as evident on the VIDEO 2 (link above).

based on the evidence available , If you were his Insurance Adjuster working on his insurance claim:

. Would you accept his version of events as he describes it, and pay for his damages????
OR
. Would you argue that it’s very likely that his unauthorized girlfriend was landing the airplane, and therefore deny his insurance claim???

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by challenger_nami on Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Challener’s Rules of Engagement:
Challenger shall not engage those who lack common sense, Intelligence OR those who bring forward id*otic assertions
Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Aftermath VIDEO: YouTubers Wrecked their Airplane on Landing

Post by Dry Guy »

Hot gf

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: VIDEO (aftermath): 2 YouTubers Wrecked their Airplane during OFF-Airport Landing

Post by Inverted2 »

She is hot. Is she hot enough for you to take the blame for? :P

As far as to the question, it’s really their word as to who was at the controls on landing. She’s not licensed from what I gather so it’s on him as he is the PIC

Let’s Go Brandon
jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: VIDEO (aftermath): 2 YouTubers Wrecked their Airplane during OFF-Airport Landing

Post by jakeandelwood »

he said he wants other pilots to learn from his mistake, was that mistake posting the illegal shit you are doing on the internet for all to see? he"ll be screwed if he doesnt have the credentials to offer initial flight instruction. he couldnt even hold a straight face when he said it was all his fault.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I guess he’s in the US, and I don’t know the rules there, but in Canada it’s not unlawful to teach someone to fly if you’re not a flight instructor (note CFI means something else here.)

You can’t do it for reward, nor can the trainee count the hours towards a licence or permit, but it doesn’t look like either of those things were happening here.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

Indeed I knew a cpl guys who taught their wives how to land their aircraft in case of a medical emergency, One chap it was a 180 on wheels and a farm strip. She was able to do it.

I think you guys have found the elephant in the room. You can't tell me, that if this guy as experienced as he is trying to lead us to believe, stalled an aircraft on approach like that. She goes into the big disclaimer. Nope, she was flying and now he is in damage control, likely more to protect his youtube channel. It's all about the money :mrgreen:

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
karmutzen
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by karmutzen »

He has entertaining videos. Lots goes wrong, he flew a Kitfox before, had a few incidents, sold it. Now in the Capella and a mishap (was it a stall on landing due to no stall warning system ;) or did he hit a hay bale?). Fun to watch him have fun, looks like the fun police on this forum have it in for him.

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

photofly wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:28 am I guess he’s in the US, and I don’t know the rules there, but in Canada it’s not unlawful to teach someone to fly if you’re not a flight instructor (note CFI means something else here.)

You can’t do it for reward, nor can the trainee count the hours towards a licence or permit, but it doesn’t look like either of those things were happening here.
i dont know how it works in the US either but up here what transport says you can do and what your insurance broker says you are insured for may be a lot different (remember, liability insurance is a requirement). my policy has a little box to check if i want to ever do flight instruction and says i must always be in the left seat. Its not like he was giving her a couple lessons on how to handle the plane and safely get it down at a large airport with emergency services if he croaked at the controls, she was in the left seat and they were doing a landing at a short grass strip!

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

This is a really mean-spirited and petty thread, isn’t it? Are we going to learn much from it? Or are we just taking the opportunity to demean and insult someone who isn’t even here to respond?

It used to be said there is no honour amongst thieves. I’m starting to believe that there is no honour among pilots, either.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

photofly wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 am This is a really mean-spirited and petty thread, isn’t it? Are we going to learn much from it? Or are we just taking the opportunity to demean and insult someone who isn’t even here to respond?

It used to be said there is no honour amongst thieves. I’m starting to believe that there is no honour among pilots, either.
I agree, the whole post is just clickbait and contains no value.

Mick G
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Mick G »

Decent looking girlfriend right there. He definitly is covering up in my opinion. They should force a polygraph for each of them.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Heliian wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 am
photofly wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 am This is a really mean-spirited and petty thread, isn’t it? Are we going to learn much from it? Or are we just taking the opportunity to demean and insult someone who isn’t even here to respond?

At least children of Asiana was left out this time.

AnonPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AnonPilot »

jakeandelwood wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:14 am
photofly wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:28 am I guess he’s in the US, and I don’t know the rules there, but in Canada it’s not unlawful to teach someone to fly if you’re not a flight instructor (note CFI means something else here.)

i dont know how it works in the US either but up here what transport says you can do and what your insurance broker says you are insured for may be a lot different (remember, liability insurance is a requirement). my policy has a little box to check if i want to ever do flight instruction and says i must always be in the left seat. Its not like he was giving her a couple lessons on how to handle the plane and safely get it down at a large airport with emergency services if he croaked at the controls, she was in the left seat and they were doing a landing at a short grass strip!
I'm not defending what he was or wasn't doing, but he always fly's from the right seat, passenger or not.

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

Last edited by challenger_nami on Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Challenger shall not engage those who lack common sense, Intelligence OR those who bring forward id*otic assertions
challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

@photofly
Can you elaborate with reason why you believe this “ is a really mean-spirited and petty thread“?

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

Heliian wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 am I agree, the whole post is just clickbait and contains no value.

@Heliian:
When you say “Whole post is just clickbait”, are you referring to:

The original post on this thread in avcanada by me,
OR
are you referring to the pilot in question’s YouTube post?

who is doing the clickbating?

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:52 am

At least children of Asiana was left out this time.
Must be children of Asiana.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

challenger_nami wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:37 am

@photofly
Can you elaborate with reason why you believe this “ is a really mean-spirited and petty thread“?

Seems pretty obvious. Everyone is saying his GF crashed, with zero evidence. No matter who was at the controls, it was his responsibility to maintain airspeed, which he admits he failed at doing. Perhaps the stall warning wasn't working?

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

challenger_nami wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 am

Heliian wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 am I agree, the whole post is just clickbait and contains no value.

@Heliian:
When you say “Whole post is just clickbait”, are you referring to:

The original post on this thread in avcanada by me,
OR
are you referring to the pilot in question’s YouTube post?

who is doing the clickbating?

The YouTube is the clickbait. Since these types of flyers have multiple cameras going everytime they go out for a joyride it's suspect that nothing was shown of the accident sequence.

Rwgardless, the insurance rates just went up.

challenger_nami
Rank 5
Rank 5

challenger_nami wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:37 am

@photofly

@photofly &
@Helian (since you agreed with @photofly) &
@cpncrunch (since you agreed with @photofly and responded instead of him)

I guess you are not able to reasonably defend your position of labeling this as being a “ really mean-spirited and petty thread“; because it simply is NOT.

photofly wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 am Are we going to learn much from it?
YES, you can learn a LOT from this thread, if you know how to learn.
The reason I posted the thread was to learn the INSURANCE aspect of an event like this. Do you not care learning about insurance?

photofly wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 am Or are we just taking the opportunity to demean and insult someone who isn’t even here to respond?
I don’t think anyone on this thread is personally demeaning or insulting the pilot and his girlfriend. However, if a pilot gets into an accident, then the decisions that caused the crash are subject to public scrutiny, and that is a fair game, don’t you agree?

PLUS, At the same time I started this thread, I posted a comment on the YouTube video of the pilot and I told him about the issue. So he has the chance to respond.
photofly wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 am It used to be said there is no honour amongst thieves. I’m starting to believe that there is no honour among pilots, either.
Like in any other field, among pilots there are those with honour, and those without it. I gave you the opportunity to honourably defend your position, and you did not take it. So do you think you have the said honour?

Last edited by challenger_nami on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”