Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

Post by mbav8r »

ReserveTank wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:33 am
CpnCrunch wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:55 pm
hospitals are overloaded with COVID cases.
At least that's what you're being told, and that was the answer that you accepted without doubt.
People went out in the spring to film hospitals only to find them empty during the "COVID hospital bed shortage." Of course, MSM doesn't report that--It's a conspiracy theory. But it is on video. It's out there if you want to know.
Remember all of the bored nurses at hundreds of hospitals doing their Tik Tok dance routines?
Im sure they filmed the hospitals where the most amount of cases were, right?
---------- ADS -----------

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:37 am
At least that's what you're being told, and that was the answer that you accepted without doubt.
People went out in the spring to film hospitals only to find them empty during the "COVID hospital bed shortage." Of course, MSM doesn't report that--It's a conspiracy theory. But it is on video. It's out there if you want to know.
Remember all of the bored nurses at hundreds of hospitals doing their Tik Tok dance routines?
There was never a shortage in MB (which is where I was talking about). In fact, there have been about 2 new cases a day all year up until a month ago...i.e. virtually nothing. How on earth could anyone think the hospitals were overwhelmed back then is a mystery. It's been pretty similar all over Canada as far as I'm aware. It's only now that there is a problem.

Sometimes people just don't engage their brain.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

montado wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:57 am
So what makes me an asshole? That I don’t share the same beliefs as you and I feel that mask policy has been ineffective? Why does this offend everyone so much? All I’m saying is I don’t think the masks work so I am going to live my life like it doesn’t work.
But this is why people are offended, because you’re deliberately choosing the riskier route and choosing it as a hill to die on and it makes no sense. It can only be more harmful, not helpful! So I still have to wonder wtf is wrong with you, mocking us over it. It’s like you’re trying to actively convince people that masks are bullshit with the inflammatory and mocking words that you choose. It’s a dick move man. People have very little power over this pandemic. Literally all they have to hold on to is mask wearing. It’s the easiest thing everyone can do, and here you are incessantly making fun of it.

Mixturerich makes a great new normal citizen justice warrior. Go pull that tshirt out of your overnight bag so you can mitigate the risks of that passengers tits hanging out
Again with the mocking, thanks.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5802494

Fines issued to protestors. GOOD.

Should lose their provincial health cards too.
Equivalent to a lifetime flight ban for not obeying the rules.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:49 am
I think what you are missing is that it is my personal belief that masks are not very effective, but that I also 100 percent comply with mask policy... I don’t even play the “health issue” card to make it seem like I’m exempt. So my opinion has had zero bearing on anyone’s health due to covid as I have been complying with the guidelines since day one.

So what makes me an asshole? That I don’t share the same beliefs as you and I feel that mask policy has been ineffective? Why does this offend everyone so much? All I’m saying is I don’t think the masks work so I am going to live my life like it doesn’t work.
But this is why people are offended, because you’re deliberately choosing the riskier route and choosing it as a hill to die on and it makes no sense. It can only be more harmful, not helpful! So I still have to wonder wtf is wrong with you, mocking us over it. It’s like you’re trying to actively convince people that masks are bullshit with the inflammatory and mocking words that you choose. It’s a dick move man. People have very little power over this pandemic. Literally all they have to hold on to is mask wearing. It’s the easiest thing everyone can do, and here you are incessantly making fun of it.

Mixturerich makes a great new normal citizen justice warrior. Go pull that tshirt out of your overnight bag so you can mitigate the risks of that passengers tits hanging out
Again with the mocking, thanks.
FTFY

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5802494

Rookiepilot I think your views of encouragement of fines and not defending people’s right to protest Is very radical. It is also very radical to say we should take away their provincial health insurance. Just because you don’t agree with people doesn’t mean we should not fight to make sure they can be heard. This would be like me saying fat people and smokers should not qualify for provincial health insurance. I find it very radical your point of view. I would even say your views are fascist, and completely against what being a Canadian is about.

These people are outdoors, it’s very low risk, clearly they are not out being facetious. Is it ideal to be out protesting during a pandemic? No...but they aren’t being radical about it. Did you think Trudeau and the other protesters during the BLM protest should be fined? Are you a hypocrite?

https://nationalpost.com/news/trudeau-d ... g-covid-19

OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said it was important for him to attend a Black Lives Matter protest on Parliament Hill Friday, despite public health advice he has personally delivered to Canadians, about avoiding large groups to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“To look out the windows of my office and see thousand upon thousands of young people, of Canadians of all ages stand in solidarity, wanting to see change happen, I felt it was important for me to be part of that,” he said. “To be able to listen, to be able to hear people and to be able to understand and to share with people how important it was to act.”

100% fascist hypocrites. Apparently you can only protest certain opinions that our government feels important, or else you should be fined.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

montado wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:30 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5802494

Rookiepilot I think your views of encouragement of fines and not defending people’s right to protest Is very radical. It is also very radical to say we should take away their provincial health insurance. Just because you don’t agree with people doesn’t mean we should not fight to make sure they can be heard. This would be like me saying fat people and smokers should not qualify for provincial health insurance. I find it very radical your point of view. I would even say your views are fascist, and completely against what being a Canadian is about.

These people are outdoors, it’s very low risk, clearly they are not out being facetious. Is it ideal to be out protesting during a pandemic? No...but they aren’t being radical about it. Did you think Trudeau and the other protesters during the BLM protest should be fined? Are you a hypocrite?

https://nationalpost.com/news/trudeau-d ... g-covid-19

OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said it was important for him to attend a Black Lives Matter protest on Parliament Hill Friday, despite public health advice he has personally delivered to Canadians, about avoiding large groups to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“To look out the windows of my office and see thousand upon thousands of young people, of Canadians of all ages stand in solidarity, wanting to see change happen, I felt it was important for me to be part of that,” he said. “To be able to listen, to be able to hear people and to be able to understand and to share with people how important it was to act.”

100% fascist hypocrites. Apparently you can only protest certain opinions that our government feels important, or else you should be fined.
The right to protest doesn’t trump public health orders and the article Rookie quoted doesn’t even. Reference the content I posted below. TEN TIMES THE NATIONAL AVERAGE and these brainiacs are out protesting public health orders, the hospitals in Manitoba are overwhelmed now, early on in the pandemic Manitoba did so well, I have no idea why it’s the runaway freight train it is now but that’s where we are!

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/steinbach-d ... -1.5185512

Steinbach dealing with some of the highest COVID rates in Canada
The City of Steinbach, which has a population of around 21,000, has one of the highest infection rates in the country.

“Steinbach accounts for about ten per cent of the Southern Health Region and about a third of active cases (in that region) right now,” said EPI research epidemiologist Cynthia Carr
She says that number is twice as high as Winnipeg and ten times the national average”

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:27 am
mbav8r wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:37 am

There was never a shortage in MB (which is where I was talking about). In fact, there have been about 2 new cases a day all year up until a month ago...i.e. virtually nothing. How on earth could anyone think the hospitals were overwhelmed back then is a mystery. It's been pretty similar all over Canada as far as I'm aware. It's only now that there is a problem.

Sometimes people just don't engage their brain.
How about now Cpncrunch? By all accounts, according to the health experts Manitobans were very good at following orders, we certainly dropped the ball now haven’t we. Past numbers don’t mean much given the current environment we find ourselves in.
I don’t have the desire to look up past articles but there were some regions that their hospitals were overwhelmed, the ones who took the most conservative actions early suffered the consequences.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:25 pm
How about now Cpncrunch? By all accounts, according to the health experts Manitobans were very good at following orders, we certainly dropped the ball now haven’t we. Past numbers don’t mean much given the current environment we find ourselves in.
I don’t have the desire to look up past articles but there were some regions that their hospitals were overwhelmed, the ones who took the most conservative actions early suffered the consequences.
Manitoba went from 2 cases per day for most of the summer, to about 500 per day now. The health system simply can't cope with that kind of increase. Brian Pallister says "Those dumb things, they’re endangering all of us...This is maddening, to put it mildly … They’re endangering other people’s lives while they’re being thoughtless". One person who was in contact with a COVID case went to a funeral and then a personal care home, and started an outbreak. Another person went to a party even though they knew they had COVID.

It's not just Manitoba...the same things have been happening everywhere. It's like Trump says: people are just fed up with COVID and just want it to go away now.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 am

You might want to go out and educate yourself rather than believing the crap you read on Breitbart.
So you don't believe your own eyes when you see it? Because they told you not to believe. They told you not to deduce for yourself from what you're witnessing. So you put your mind in neutral.

By the way, Breitbart is also MSM, so I take it with a grain of salt, thanks. What do you consider education, gluing yourself to the TV and hanging on their every breath as new scary stats emerge? You see "experts" constantly contradicting themselves and each other, but you think this is ok? When an expert says "It could be...," and "We don't know...," can you really trust them as experts?

Look--since the beginning of rhetoric, "experts" have been creating problems and goosing statistics to achieve their desired outcome from the public. The major players (especially in the USA) have major conflicts of interest.

Perhaps you like this "pandemic." Maybe you hate people and wish them economic despair. You'll get your wish, because this industry isn't recovering (and neither is any other).

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Spoken like a true communist. :wink:

Let’s Go Brandon
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:19 pm The right to protest doesn’t trump public health orders and the article Rookie quoted doesn’t even. Reference the content I posted below. TEN TIMES THE NATIONAL AVERAGE and these brainiacs are out protesting public health orders, the hospitals in Manitoba are overwhelmed now, early on in the pandemic Manitoba did so well, I have no idea why it’s the runaway freight train it is now but that’s where we are!

The City of Steinbach, which has a population of around 21,000, has one of the highest infection rates in the country.

“Steinbach accounts for about ten per cent of the Southern Health Region and about a third of active cases (in that region) right now,” said EPI research epidemiologist Cynthia Carr
She says that number is twice as high as Winnipeg and ten times the national average”
What if you are protesting the public health orders themselves? How is it logical you can remove your mask in a gym or at a restaurant, but you can’t protest outdoors?

Maybe if policies were logical and not discriminatory people would not be so outraged. I have a family member who works in the restaurant business along with his partner who is expecting a baby in a few months. They are both out of work, both completely fucked over by fords actions. Ford told all the restaurants close for 28 days because they were the problem, now over a month later covid cases have doubled, looks like closing the restaurants did nothing in Toronto to slow the spread. Maybe people are outraged because we are not in this together.

Who supports a lockdown? Want to make it fair? Okay everyone lockdown, no one gets paid. If you think it’s fair to force close gyms, and restaurants, take away their wages, then let’s get this over with. Every private sector and public sector employees get a wage freeze for a month lockdown. No one gets paid so we can all be in this together.

How can you fault people for being angry and protesting when hard working people on the bottom income scales working in restaurants. Meanwhile teachers were sent home in March and never missed one days pay over it. In fact tdsb principals were given a bonus for all their “hard work”, not sure if that was retracted.

The moment politicians propose logical policies, maybe you will see less protesting. Heck in Italy people were out on the streets last month as government tried to lockdown. Maybe it’s time public health stops trying to run the country and government steps up to do their job.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Time to quit testing.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:55 am

Spoken like a true communist. :wink:
Gee, CNPC says I'm a disgruntled Trump supporter.

Make up your minds.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Since the pandemic has become so political I thought this was funny, the truth is probably somewhere in between what everyone is saying.

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

You been to a hospital lately or are you too scared? I work in one every day and I've seen the amount of preparation necessary to manage this pandemic. As a hospital, it is our responsibility to be prepared for the worse. This means diverting resources to deal with a possible influx of patients. Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington went so far as to build an entire building to house patients during the pandemic. Thankfully it wasn't used but do you think they can sit back and wait until they get overwhelmed? You think that they can reschedule brain surgeries on a whim when the COVID patients don't show up today? Do you think they should dismantle the temporary COVID wards or buildings because they went unused over the summer? If so, then maybe you should be in charge of your own hospital.

To even suggest this as a conspiracy theory is utterly ridiculous. But if you believe this, then OK. It really is disheartening to think that this attitude exists on a forum made up so by so many pilots and aviation workers who have lost their jobs due to this "conspiracy".

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

montado wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:18 am
mbav8r wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:19 pm The right to protest doesn’t trump public health orders and the article Rookie quoted doesn’t even. Reference the content I posted below. TEN TIMES THE NATIONAL AVERAGE and these brainiacs are out protesting public health orders, the hospitals in Manitoba are overwhelmed now, early on in the pandemic Manitoba did so well, I have no idea why it’s the runaway freight train it is now but that’s where we are!

What if you are protesting the public health orders themselves? How is it logical you can remove your mask in a gym or at a restaurant, but you can’t protest outdoors?

Maybe if policies were logical and not discriminatory people would not be so outraged. I have a family member who works in the restaurant business along with his partner who is expecting a baby in a few months. They are both out of work, both completely fucked over by fords actions. Ford told all the restaurants close for 28 days because they were the problem, now over a month later covid cases have doubled, looks like closing the restaurants did nothing in Toronto to slow the spread. Maybe people are outraged because we are not in this together.

Who supports a lockdown? Want to make it fair? Okay everyone lockdown, no one gets paid. If you think it’s fair to force close gyms, and restaurants, take away their wages, then let’s get this over with. Every private sector and public sector employees get a wage freeze for a month lockdown. No one gets paid so we can all be in this together.

How can you fault people for being angry and protesting when hard working people on the bottom income scales working in restaurants. Meanwhile teachers were sent home in March and never missed one days pay over it. In fact tdsb principals were given a bonus for all their “hard work”, not sure if that was retracted.

The moment politicians propose logical policies, maybe you will see less protesting. Heck in Italy people were out on the streets last month as government tried to lockdown. Maybe it’s time public health stops trying to run the country and government steps up to do their job.
First of all, before code red in Manitoba, gym’s were required to have masks on while inside, now they are closed.
Second, the public health order they violated was the gathering size.
In the region of the protest, as mentioned ten times the Canadian infection rate, they are triaging and sometimes treating patients in the parking lot because the hospital is full. Like I said Brainiacs!
How do you propose you deal with these idiots when they inevitably become sick, they will take beds away from the ones who took precautions but still became sick, albeit should be a smaller number?

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Preparing for the worst doesn’t mean we have experienced the worst. I just asked my friend in Niagara who’s a nurse what it’s like right now. Last I heard staff were playing games all summer because it was dead.

“It’s not busy with covid - I think St. Catharines had 4 or fewer cases last I checked (it’s always posted on the Niagara health website, actually all hospitals have to post it now so you can check any hospital/health system in Ontario I think)
They’ve ramped back up most of the outpatient services and surgeries etc so it’s back to normal ish - they were just playing pranks because there were no visitors not because they were so bored 😂 but visiting hours just increased a bit last week too actually”

I don’t think anyone believes covid is a conspiracy. Covid is very real. We just keep being told by the media, but when you ask a friend who works as a nurse what the reality is it never lines up with the story in the media. So this is a first hand account of what the hospital looks like in Niagara region today. Maybe Burlington is a different story? Lockdown seems imminent anyways, I have zero concern for our hospitals because I know ford will lockdown before anything gets out of control as an abundance of caution. There is already chatter from school that kids won’t be going back after the Christmas break.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

flyguy73 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:09 am
You been to a hospital lately or are you too scared? I work in one every day and I've seen the amount of preparation necessary to manage this pandemic. As a hospital, it is our responsibility to be prepared for the worse. This means diverting resources to deal with a possible influx of patients. Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington went so far as to build an entire building to house patients during the pandemic. Thankfully it wasn't used but do you think they can sit back and wait until they get overwhelmed? You think that they can reschedule brain surgeries on a whim when the COVID patients don't show up today? Do you think they should dismantle the temporary COVID wards or buildings because they went unused over the summer? If so, then maybe you should be in charge of your own hospital.

To even suggest this as a conspiracy theory is utterly ridiculous. But if you believe this, then OK. It really is disheartening to think that this attitude exists on a forum made up so by so many pilots and aviation workers who have lost their jobs due to this "conspiracy".
As a matter of fact, I have medical professionals in my immediate family and friends circle. It's a hoax, it's rubbish. We are seeing hospitals closing or reducing capacity for no reason. Remember the giant military hospital installation that received zero COVID patients so they packed it up and left? I have a friend in California that saw all of 2 genuine COVID patients since March. They were forced to work with reduced resources and increased overtime for months for no reason. Another one of my close friends works in a hospital in NY state. Zero cases and it was one of the "Tik Tok" hospitals.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/07/85171231 ... 9-patients

You're using the scary but baseless language from the media:
  • "Preparation"
    "Possible influx"
    "Diverting resources"
That type of language and behaviour leads to this: The mayor of Dnipropetrovsk in Ukraine had 600 graves dug and 2000 body bags ordered for COVID patients in the spring. So scary. We're all going to die lol.

https://www.barrons.com/news/ukrainian- ... 1586254804

Sure, testing will drive the numbers. But in Africa, scientists tested fruit and livestock, which tested positive for COVID.

All in all, it's a cold and you know it. The world has forgotten about the flu, obesity, diabetes, and stroke. The fearmongering is tiresome and harmful to society.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

montado wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:16 pm Preparing for the worst doesn’t mean we have experienced the worst. I just asked my friend in Niagara who’s a nurse what it’s like right now. Last I heard staff were playing games all summer because it was dead.
Last I heard we're not in summer. I've no idea who you're actually arguing with. Cases were low during summer, and have only spiked recently. Here is a graph for Manitoba:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba ... -1.5802812

Ontario:

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

Return to “General Comments”