Yukon charter operator

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Yukon charter operator

Post by PilotDAR »

Prison Inmates have the priority to receive the vaccine sooner than most other law abiding citizen groups. So if they end up going to prison, then they will get their second dose.
:lol:

I'd be laughing harder if both sides of that situation weren't already ridiculous!
---------- ADS -----------

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

ayseven wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:30 pm I was surprised to read there was an actual community in Beaver Creek. Used to be this tiny little one way strip on the top of a mountain. Was huge fun going there!
The current Beaver Creek airport was built in the 1960s, and is in one of the flattest places in the Yukon.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

palebird wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm Like I said who is going to Beaver Creek, especially in January, straight off a flight from YVR and then turns right around and heads right back??
Since when is it the responsibility of a charter operator to investigate the prior whereabouts or the reason for travel of any customer? The only story here is that these people are colossal assholes who completely disrespected a place and a community they knew nothing about. I think it's great that they're being outed and publicly shamed. However, the operator didn't act unreasonably.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

I don't get why they didn't fly to California or Florida or somewhere that would have given them the jab without any sort of fraud like this situation? Thet obvious have the means to pay for their vaccine.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Cessna 180 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm I don't get why they didn't fly to California or Florida or somewhere that would have given them the jab without any sort of fraud like this situation? Thet obvious have the means to pay for their vaccine.
Maybe they were trying to follow the rules by avoiding non-essential travel :wink:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

I would think that most people on here have never lived or been been to the Yukon or Alaska. Beaver Creek is just a few miles from the Alaska border (just in case you were wondering). So if some clown with more money than brains shows up with his mail order bride and wants to be flown to a community of maybe 100 people in January for a few hours you would not find that suspicious? In the midst of a so-called pandemic.. I guess you would do anything for money because money rules right? How about common sense? What about the endangerment to the locals that these clowns presented?
It is now common knowledge who provided them transport. You might call it enablement. And the locals are outraged, rightly so. Good luck with your public relations.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

palebird wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm Wowsers. Looks like there are a bunch of people on here with nothing else to do but jump on posters.
No, it looks like there's someone who has nothing to do but insinuate that the taxi driver is culpable when the guy he drove to the bank turned out to rob the place.
palebird wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm Like I said who is going to Beaver Creek, especially in January, straight off a flight from YVR and then turns right around and heads right back?? Lots of people with their heads in the sand.
I take it you've never flown in the north. First off, they didn't come from YVR. They flew into YXY, then chartered from there. Second, lots of people: doctors doing a clinic, government workers, engineers checking in on a project. If I was flying them, the last thing that I'd suspect is that someone was chartering a plane to a small town to go to the covid vaccine clinic. I can't remember the number of times I've flown people into remote NWT communities for 1-2 hrs.

Dumbest thread of the year.

Blowin' In The Wind
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blowin' In The Wind »

Bede wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:12 pm
palebird wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm Wowsers. Looks like there are a bunch of people on here with nothing else to do but jump on posters.
No, it looks like there's someone who has nothing to do but insinuate that the taxi driver is culpable when the guy he drove to the bank turned out to rob the place.
palebird wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:56 pm Like I said who is going to Beaver Creek, especially in January, straight off a flight from YVR and then turns right around and heads right back?? Lots of people with their heads in the sand.
I take it you've never flown in the north. First off, they didn't come from YVR. They flew into YXY, then chartered from there. Second, lots of people: doctors doing a clinic, government workers, engineers checking in on a project. If I was flying them, the last thing that I'd suspect is that someone was chartering a plane to a small town to go to the covid vaccine clinic. I can't remember the number of times I've flown people into remote NWT communities for 1-2 hrs.

Dumbest thread of the year.
+1

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

It’s my go to...
752B709C-2250-4C68-9E43-DF530F6520CD.jpeg
752B709C-2250-4C68-9E43-DF530F6520CD.jpeg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 610 times

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

On a more geographic theme, I figure that Beaver Creek must be the western most town in Canada.

We cleared customs there once. As instructed, after we landed, we phoned Canadian customs. They asked our nationalities, and told us we were cleared. I looked across to the highway, and saw them looking at us with binoculars. A beautiful part of Canada....

Return to “General Comments”