Cessna Pilot Scam

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

afroop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Cessna Pilot Scam

Post by afroop »

I received this email in response to the Cessna Pilot job ad that has since been removed:
I require a donation of $29 via email money transfer for the info if sent within 2 hours or $34 after.

This will reduce your competition drastically when you submit your resume and I will be able to spend more time looking for jobs like this.
Email money transfer requires a Canadian bank account which requires a valid government ID so you shouldn't have any concerns.
I don't know how long the spot will last.
Once I receive the donation, I will send you the info where you can submit your resume.

The operator has been in business for a while.
I'm not affiliated with the operator.
There will be no refund once I give you the info.

Email: jpmq333@gmail.com
E-Transfer Passcode: aviation

This will be the best investment you will ever make.

Do not share this info with anyone else.

Send the donation only when you agree not to share this info.
I let him know quite colorfully what I think of this arrangement, and in response he threatened my career.
All I can say is, shame on you for exploiting desperate low timers. I really hope nobody is sending this guy money, and I sincerely hope that whichever operation he is working with stops doing business with him. I don't know who this guy is or who he represents, I'm just not impressed.
---------- ADS -----------

gswartz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Cessna Pilot Scam

Post by gswartz »

I sincerely hope that whichever operation he is working with stops doing business with him
Duuuuuuude.........seriously??!

It's a scam....there is no operation

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

afroop wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:20 pm I received this email in response to the Cessna Pilot job ad that has since been removed:
I require a donation of $29 via email money transfer for the info if sent within 2 hours or $34 after.

This will reduce your competition drastically when you submit your resume and I will be able to spend more time looking for jobs like this.
Email money transfer requires a Canadian bank account which requires a valid government ID so you shouldn't have any concerns.
I don't know how long the spot will last.
Once I receive the donation, I will send you the info where you can submit your resume.

The operator has been in business for a while.
I'm not affiliated with the operator.
There will be no refund once I give you the info.

Email: jpmq333@gmail.com
E-Transfer Passcode: aviation

This will be the best investment you will ever make.

Do not share this info with anyone else.

Send the donation only when you agree not to share this info.
I let him know quite colorfully what I think of this arrangement, and in response he threatened my career.
All I can say is, shame on you for exploiting desperate low timers. I really hope nobody is sending this guy money, and I sincerely hope that whichever operation he is working with stops doing business with him. I don't know who this guy is or who he represents, I'm just not impressed.
what makes you think this person actually has an operation that they are with

Daigo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Daigo »

I got the same reply from that ad and thought it was insane. I first thought it was some indian scam but this person clearly understands quite a bit about how our aviation market is laid out so I think they're not in a foreign country. Is there a way to find out this person's name if you attempt to transfer them the money? they should be named and shamed

It's very disheartening to see someone taking advantage of low timers in a time of such struggle. Sad

afroop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by afroop »

Gmail shows his name as P. James. Doesn't ring any bells for me.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

And he is asking you 4 dollars more than the other guy who posted it here. Might be a sign that nobody is paying.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

"The email account that you tried to reach is disabled."

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

There was no company name, no location, nothing !
Why did you guys even bother applying ?

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

As much as we are all desperate to get back to flying, or start flying as a career, people are just as eager to take advantage of desperation. It's hard to remove emotion and passion from trying to "race" to get your resume in first. Stop, take a breath and ask if it makes sense? You'll thank yourself later and you may even pick up some errors in your resume!

It's a sign of the times... I'm still waiting for the Nigerian prince to send me my money...

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

frog wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:48 pm There was no company name, no location, nothing !
Why did you guys even bother applying ?
It's not even the $29.
It's the shame of being scammed...
:oops:

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.

Return to “Employment Forum”